Why become a member? ×

Bass Centre

Sean

Back on July 3rd I ordered a Comfort Strapp and some strap locks from the Bass Centre. A few weeks later I received an email asking what size strap it was I wanted - I promptly replied. After another week I called and asked where the goods were and I was told that they were waiting for a shipment of straps from the distributor. This week a received an invoice from Bass Centre for the goods so I phoned up to ask where the goods are. They took my details, said they'd look into it and give me a call back. Guess what? Yep, no call back.

I phoned again yesterday morning and they said they'd sort it out and call me back - they lied. No phone call, no sorting, no parcel arriving.

I phoned again this morning and the phone was answered by a member of staff who told me that the manager doesn't work on Saturdays (surely this is their busiest day?). He then told me that my order might have been mixed up with some other orders and that I'd have to wait for him to sort it out and he'd call me back.

And now they've called back asking me to call Andy on Monday to get him to sort it out. And I thought Tesco were rude, useless muppets.

Edited by Sean

MB1. :)

Damn shame you didnt notice the earlier threads before ordering.I can imagine the situation will only get worse as john(napper) no longer works for them either, and he used to do various ordering for them.Just get your money back and go elsewhere, its there loss at the end of the day.

[quote name='ped' post='60848' date='Sep 15 2007, 02:04 PM']Christ almighty. I think Comfort Strapps might be a welcome addition to the Basschat shop (when it happens!)[/quote]

Yeah! I couldn't find these anywhere online apart from the Bass Centre who only seemed to stock the extra long version of something.

[quote name='Mike' post='60893' date='Sep 15 2007, 05:29 PM']Guys, ring Mike Walsh at the Bass Merchant - I bought a comfort strapp from him the other week, no fuss, good price, top service, as always !![/quote]

Yes, I noticed that he has them last time I dropped into BassMerchant.
Give Mike a shout, he's a top bloke, who understands how customers support his business- and he treats them accordingly...

Sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope you get your money back, I bought a Neothech padded strap from these guys in the States.

[url="http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mult-e-plicity"]http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mult-e-plicity[/url]

Great price and it arrived in under a week with no duty.

I'm having an issue with them still not having sent me a cheque for the sale of my fretted Modulus Quantum 5 SS TEN weeks after it sold. I'm not going to bitch about it right now, but if I don't get a cheque from Barry by the end of next week I'm not going to be happy.

Guest Bald Eagle

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='61003' date='Sep 15 2007, 11:00 PM']I'm having an issue with them still not having sent me a cheque for the sale of my fretted Modulus Quantum 5 SS TEN weeks after it sold. I'm not going to bitch about it right now, but if I don't get a cheque from Barry by the end of next week I'm not going to be happy.[/quote]

With interest as well I should hope, or a free comfort strap at least :)

[quote name='Bald Eagle' post='61006' date='Sep 15 2007, 11:06 PM']With interest as well I should hope, or a free comfort strap at least :)[/quote]
Oh you're starting me off. They say their accountants are to blame but I don't see why any customer should have to bear the brunt of THEIR problems with their accountants.

Thats not how customer service works. If there's a problem, you find another solution promptly, not tell the customer that they're going to have to wait another 4 f*cking weeks for a cheque that should have been issued on time in the first place.

I went in there a while back, i thought the fact i was ignored and then not helped at all with what i wanted was due to the fact I'm young and they (semi correctly) thought i didnt have much money. telling me they didn't stock nemisis stuff when they had a pile of it around under the stairs in clear view was a wee bit strange too.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='61013' date='Sep 15 2007, 11:41 PM']Oh you're starting me off. They say their accountants are to blame but I don't see why any customer should have to bear the brunt of THEIR problems with their accountants.

Thats not how customer service works. If there's a problem, you find another solution promptly, not tell the customer that they're going to have to wait another 4 f*cking weeks for a cheque that should have been issued on time in the first place.[/quote]

Well that sounds familiar... CK, do as I did -- go there and refuse to leave until they give you a cheque. Doesn't mean that you'll see any proof of sale though; but you just might get your money.

I wanted to buy a couple of Comfort Strapps last month. I work quite close to the Bass Cellar (Denmark Street) but they stock the Bass Centre's own-brand version of the same, which apparently they get as some sort of freebie through other trading between the shops.

I'd guess that's why you're having problems getting your strap through the Bass Centre - they sell their own competing product.

Anyway, the BC strap was quite nice but I really wanted genuine Comfort Strapps. I've heard all good things about the Gallery in Camden so I called them, and picked up my straps on the way home that evening.

I liked what I saw of the Gallery but blimey! what a difficult place to find / park near / gain entry to. By the time I got through the door, I was half expecting someone to ask me to show my invitation ...

I'll be honest. I've bought literally 2 or three things from the Bass Centre, and every time they've messed my order up, delayed it and 'run out of stock' without giving me any piece of mind notification. I wouldn't shop there again based on this incompetency. Compared to the service I've had from Bass Central in the states these guys are a joke.

I've bought a few things from them over the years, whenever I go in the shop I always sort of get the impression that they'd rather I hadn't.......strange really because I kind of thought that they were there to sell me things.

They don't seem to have grasped the concept of seller/buyer.

Something wierd that happened regarding one purchase from them..................I bought a Roscoe from them about two years ago, it was a commission sale.

Anyway, about two months ago I had a phone call from the basscentre asking if I still had the receipts for it, he sounded pretty desperate and wasn't at all happy when I told him I hadn't................sounds like something similar to the other replies from people who've had problems with commission sales.

I've had loads off stuff from the Gallery, their prices............I find anyway are competitive, and their customer service is excellent.

I'm about to order an F-bass from bass central in the US, they really have embraced the customer service ethic, they answer emails promptly, and seem to go out of their way to be helpful.

[quote name='Basszilla' post='61162' date='Sep 16 2007, 02:00 PM']Compared to the service I've had from Bass Central in the states these guys are a joke.[/quote]
Couldn't agree more; I bought my Lakkies through Bass Central and the level of customer service is superb. All the guys there are great to deal with and Beaver kept me informed of the process all the way through and they called me to say when they had been shipped.

It seems that Barry and his crew are super-arrogant and give the impression that they are doing [i]you[/i] a favour. Maybe one day I'll pop in there after a couple of pints of Thatcher's and a kebab and stink the shop out for them! :)

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Crazykiwi' date='Sep 15 2007, 11:00 PM' post='61003']
I'm having an issue with them still not having sent me a cheque for the sale of my fretted Modulus Quantum 5 SS TEN weeks after it sold. I'm not going to bitch about it right now, but if I don't get a cheque from Barry by the end of next week I'm not going to be happy.

MB1. :)

Seems to be worse than first thought!....doesnt Barry want to stay in business or what....!is it the peanuts and monkeys syndrome?

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='61059' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:22 AM']I wanted to buy a couple of Comfort Strapps last month. I work quite close to the Bass Cellar (Denmark Street) but they stock the Bass Centre's own-brand version of the same, which apparently they get as some sort of freebie through other trading between the shops.

I'd guess that's why you're having problems getting your strap through the Bass Centre - they sell their own competing product.

Anyway, the BC strap was quite nice but I really wanted genuine Comfort Strapps. I've heard all good things about the Gallery in Camden so I called them, and picked up my straps on the way home that evening.

I liked what I saw of the Gallery but blimey! what a difficult place to find / park near / gain entry to. By the time I got through the door, I was half expecting someone to ask me to show my invitation ...[/quote]

Hi.. we aren't that hard to find really, 5 mins from the tube, straight up Camden Rd and right into Royal College St... there a buzzer on the door to buzz people in.. and we have security to stop theft and smash and grabs... parking is pay and display all around the area.. and plenty of it... but you can always call and we would be happy to help with any enquiries. Invitations... hmm theres an idea...

alex