ape

Where are the Zons

Do the Zon basses have a full graphite neck or just truss rods ?
Some photos the full neck looks graphite.
Really fancy a Legacy but need to check on the differences between them as there seems to be different Legacy models but they have some gorgeous basses.

Dave

All graphite necks, some set necks i.e. Legacy Elite, some bolt on, Sonus. Mosaics and the imported Zons are wooden necks as far as I know.

[quote name='mikeswals' timestamp='1417979359' post='2625716']
Woah, that blue one looks fantastic Bob![/quote]

That finish is just a thing of beauty, just WOW :o

Edited by Subbeh

Woah, that blue one looks fantastic Bob!

[/quote]

[quote name='Subbeh' timestamp='1418054669' post='2626333']
That finish is just a thing of beauty, just WOW :o
[/quote]
Thank you.

What pickups are in the black Sonus?
[/quote]
The pickups are a humbucker designed by Duncan to Zons specs. Standard in the 4-1 & 4-2.

I think I've owned two of the Sonuses (Sonii?) on here. Definitely owned the striped maple top that Warwick had too (bought it from a BC'er from Essex, sold it about two years later to a BC'er from...can't remember). And I think the black (actually kind of see though) fretless that Skinner posted used to be mine too (although I thought it had fret lines).

Miss them both very much. Alongside a 5 string Sadowsky, that was my ideal combination of basses. :(

Here's a rather unique Legacy Elite 5 fretless. An unusual single pickup version built in 1988 for a well known UK pro player and used on many sessions and albums. Flamed koa top over poplar body. EQ has been professionally replaced with a Stingray 3-band (original pro owner prefers the SR frequency centres to the stock Zon eq). Sings like a bird. A bit too much for me to be honest, I'm more of a plunker!

Will be putting it up for sale shortly. I feel more at home on an old P or J these days (getting old!)

[url="http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/iankay/media/Zon%20Legacy%20Elite/IMG_1892.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by ikay

My current Zon.

[URL=http://s54.photobucket.com/user/warwickhunt/media/da540df8-3d4d-4615-8809-15299aae25db_zps7pel9mgs.jpg.html][IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g119/warwickhunt/da540df8-3d4d-4615-8809-15299aae25db_zps7pel9mgs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Mine now!
I'll get pictures of it with its two brothers... My custom six string hyperbass, the Manring Signature Hyperbass and the Legacy Elite I just bought from Tina.
Standby...

I'd love to see and hear that 6 string hyperbass! Now a few years on have you got your head and hands arond the full blown H bass?

No. I put some effort in for a while. And did start making headway. I got part way into "the enormous room" before putting it away. I love having it, and who knows maybe one day I'll make a second attempt to master it... But for now it's a "stay at home/bedroom bass".
The six string is beautiful sounding and very usable! In fact I've gigged it quite a few times when I've been depping in bands that fit the fretless mojo.

Picture to follow if I can find how you do it...

Edited by GremlinAndy

Nice collection you have Andy.
It looks at home next to his Brothers[sub] [/sub]
I think you will be very happy together.

Cheers Tina

Hello. 1994 Sonus 5 here. Awesome bass. Very articulate yet warm sounding, absolutely love it.

It has a Bartolini two band pre-amp which I use with the low end at 75% and the pickup volumes
at 100% / 80% emphasizing the neck pickup most of the time for some more growly mids.

[attachment=214070:Sonus1.jpg]

[attachment=214071:Sonus2.jpg]

[attachment=214072:Sonus3.jpg]

[attachment=214073:Sonus4.jpg]

Edited by DiMarco

My Sonus 'Lightwave' :)

[URL=http://s54.photobucket.com/user/warwickhunt/media/Zon%20L2_zpsadjoxmcm.jpg.html][IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g119/warwickhunt/Zon%20L2_zpsadjoxmcm.jpg[/IMG][/URL]