Why become a member? ×

Help pls Want to be able to play bass through b tooth h phones

Guest NOODS

I’ve a Epi Jack Cassidy bass with a practice bass amp and i’d like to give my Wife some peace by playing my bass via my bluetooth inner ear headphones.. 

Is this possible?

Advisable?

If yes, what’s to buy?

Thank you.. 

IMG_9926.thumb.jpeg.06fa2dade64af1f42586cc4468dc1230.jpeg

IMG_9915.thumb.jpeg.bbe0d8d97930c41bccb3bd717da7d867.jpeg

13 hours ago, Geek99 said:

You need wired headphines for this. It's a bluetooth connection to your phone and the app rather than the headphones. But it's a seriously good bit of kit regardless and a bargain price. I would just get this and a pair of wired phones personally.

You're probably looking at a Boss Waza Air if you need bluetooth headphone connection (and a bank loan!)

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 1

Before I got my Waza Airs I was using a simple interface with my iphone, the free version of the Amplitube app and some wired headphones.

I had a Line6 sonic port interface, but there are lots on the market.

Amplitube is excellent as even the free version allows a song to be imported and then slowed down while keeping the right pitch. Very useful for practice.

3 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Amplitube is excellent as even the free version allows a song to be imported and then slowed down while keeping the right pitch. Very useful for practice.

There were times that I could have used something like that to nail intricate bass parts.  LOL

I would recommend the Nux too, it’s what I use, really great bit of kit but you would need wired headphones which is not really a big deal, play along silently with anything on your phone or iPad, there’s a thread here if you want to read up a bit more 

Bluetooth for monitoring your bass audio ... hmmm

As has been mentioned, Bluetooth latency is an issue (and IME a b'stard).

CleanShot2023-10-23at21_11.57@2x.thumb.png.115142c36b1ea4b585a6fbd53e23a875.png

https://kb.audiomodeling.com/en/c/grow-your-knowledge/d/what-is-audio-latency-how-do-i-fix-latency-issues-while-recording/

CleanShot2023-10-23at21_14.30@2x.thumb.png.1842d9cfb4dea02600ebf6fdd695f810.png

https://www.makeuseof.com/bluetooth-5-vs-aptx-low-latency

Wired headphones do not suffer this lag.

If you really want wireless, perhaps consider a wireless IEM system? (The IEM thread would be a great place to check out decent ones 

As well as many having very low latency they would have the (possible) advantage of allowing use onstage.

S'manth x

Edited by Smanth
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Smanth said:

Bluetooth for monitoring your bass audio ... hmmm

As has been mentioned, Bluetooth latency is an issue (and IME a b'stard).

CleanShot2023-10-23at21_11.57@2x.thumb.png.115142c36b1ea4b585a6fbd53e23a875.png

https://kb.audiomodeling.com/en/c/grow-your-knowledge/d/what-is-audio-latency-how-do-i-fix-latency-issues-while-recording/

CleanShot2023-10-23at21_14.30@2x.thumb.png.1842d9cfb4dea02600ebf6fdd695f810.png

https://www.makeuseof.com/bluetooth-5-vs-aptx-low-latency

Wired headphones do not suffer this lag.

If you really want wireless, perhaps consider a wireless IEM system? (The IEM thread would be a great place to check out decent ones 

As well as many having very low latency they would have the (possible) advantage of allowing use onstage.

S'manth x

Thanks S’Manth X 

I have the NUX mighty plug pro. It's very good. Control it from your phone or tablet. Use the Mightier App not the official one and it's good to go. 

Daughter has nicked it for herself but I really like it. Perfect for noodling around. It is wired though. 

To be honest a pair of decent wired headphones is £20 upwards vs £100 for Bluetooth. I know which I'd go. I have an expensive pair of B&W headphone but much prefer the cheap ones for playing with. 

Rob

1 hour ago, rwillett said:

I have the NUX mighty plug pro. It's very good. Control it from your phone or tablet. Use the Mightier App not the official one and it's good to go. 

Daughter has nicked it for herself but I really like it. Perfect for noodling around. It is wired though. 

To be honest a pair of decent wired headphones is £20 upwards vs £100 for Bluetooth. I know which I'd go. I have an expensive pair of B&W headphone but much prefer the cheap ones for playing with. 

Rob

Thanks Rob for your kind advice.. 

Likewise, I've been a NUX MP user since they came out and use some inexpensive Superlux HD681 cans, maybe 20quid. More than good enough for practice etc and I have a whole bunch of other (expensive) cans to compare to. Been using this end the earlier version for several years.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/superlux/hd-681

11 hours ago, rwillett said:

o be honest a pair of decent wired headphones is £20 upwards vs £100 for Bluetooth. I know which I'd go. I have an expensive pair of B&W headphone but much prefer the cheap ones for playing with. 

9 hours ago, crazycloud said:

Likewise, I've been a NUX MP user since they came out and use some inexpensive Superlux HD681 cans, maybe 20quid. More than good enough for practice etc and I have a whole bunch of other (expensive) cans to compare to. Been using this end the earlier version for several years.

Good advice. Leaving aside issues such as latency, it's a lot cheaper to get quality results with a wired setup. Unless you practice whilst running around, the fact that you have a cable running to your cans is not a problem. I'd recommend closed rather than open back cans. I use a mixer to drive mine when practicing, which allows me to combine my bass with tracks and play along with them. A small, basic used passive mixer can be had for little money.

You can go hybrid wired/wireless with wired headphones to a wireless IEM - for your purposes, the Lekato MS-1 would be fine, but it's a bit of expense that you don't really need as you're going to be tethered to something by the instrument lead unless you've gone wireless with that too.

• Like 1

I hadn't come across the Nux Mighty, it looks a really good system. 

I do almost all my practice with headphones and I use a Zoom B1ON now superseded by the B1-Four. Mine runs off a set of rechargeables for around a week but it will run off a power supply or USB. Music in is via a minijack. It gives you the widest possible range of tones and metronome/drum machine/tuner in a nice little box. 

There are two versions of the NUX. The newer pro one comes with usb-c and has volume buttons. 

I like it but as daughter has taken it I tend to use a mod dwarf of straight into Amllitube on mac

People do gig with them. 

They also pop up on ebay for around 50-75% of new price. 

• Like 1