Why become a member? ×

Which headphones do You like for.....???

nilorius

Ashdown Meters. I've got the first version that needs a cable, not Bluetooth so sadly can't listen to music off my phone with it anymore. I will be using it for "silent" practice with the band soon as I don't have in-ears. They work great off a multi effects board or whatever and I think they're fantastic for listening in detail to music.

7 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Ashdown Meters. I've got the first version that needs a cable, not Bluetooth so sadly can't listen to music off my phone with it anymore. I will be using it for "silent" practice with the band soon as I don't have in-ears. They work great off a multi effects board or whatever and I think they're fantastic for listening in detail to music.

What phone do you have, you should be able to use a dongle or maybe a Bluetooth DAC so you can still use them for music

I use the IEMs that I will use live - which have quite a flat frequency response. This means that I don't get surprised by a change in tone.

Sometimes I also use some cheap Superlux over ears for convenience, but use the IEMs if practicing for church (which is as close as this rank amateur gets to a gig!)

Phil

3 hours ago, Bigguy2017 said:

Audio Technica ATH-M50 for over-ears

KZ-ZS10 Pro X driven by Hotone Thunder Bass nano amp for IEMs

I have recently acquired the same pairing M50x and ZS10 Pro X. Very happy with the M50x - exactly the tone profile I was looking for. ZS10 Pro X are a step up from my old non-pro ZS10 but I wish they weren't so bright.

I also use the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro. I like the 80 ohm version as it's most suitable across my devices. They are great for ambient noise rejection, they are reasonably light weight and don't give me sweaty ears like some cans do when wearing for long hours tracking bass. Sure, if you're mixing in cans, or wanting audiophile, you might look at an open back, but these have been reliable for many years and still look like new. Sometimes I use my IEMs, I have the 62 Audio A8, eight drivers per ear, but they are mostly for on stage and the DT's are much closer to hand in my studio. That said, most of the time I have the luxury of being able to run through my studio monitors (like right now) and enjoy the rumbles they bring! 

Actually, I wouldn't;t mind a decent pair of earphones for when I'm out walking, something light weight, sound great and will stay in my ears! Most, nay, pretty much all 'universal' and foam tip in-ear buds don't fit. Maybe I need a nice set of stylish over-ears!

For playing the bass guitar through a set of Beats, not a popular choice but after trying quite a few different makes, including some that were recommended on this forum, they work for me. £30 ish second hand.

For listening to music, a set of Audio Technica ATH - M50x.

For general listening and comfort I have the Beyer Dynamic DT-880.

The Pro versions of the 770, 880 and 990 all have a slightly elevated treble response so are best for recording / monitoring etc. Comments have been made by reviewers that the PRO series have stronger headbands for a tighter fit over the ears.