Why become a member? ×

What single thing would you like a gear company to do that they don't do currently?

Jean-Luc Pickguard

I have just added a CEB-3 to my (almost) all-Boss pedal board and the first thing I had to do after taking it out of the box was to remove the bottom plate and heat up the rubber foot with the wife's hairdryer so I can peel it off and replace it with velcro.

I think boss could make it easier for people to fix their pedals to a pedalboard. Self-adhesive velcro doesn't stick well to the rubber foot of Boss pedals. If they wanted to make me happy, they could either supply a second plain bottom plate or supply the self-adhesive rubber foot unattached, along with a similarly shaped piece of self-adhesive velcro so you have the choice of which to fit.

IMG_9422.thumb.jpg.37e06ddab1f5fcef10ae3f21475c8fbe.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Fender to release a new bass design... 

Let’s be honest here, would anyone buy them if they did? People would just moan it wasn’t a P or J variant!

I had a Dimension 5 and that was a great bass but, I rarely saw anyone else use one. Same for the pawnshop reverse Jaguar, Meteora and Rascal etc…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I said it so many times but happy to get back on my soap box and have another rant in the hope that Fender might listen so here goes.

Fender to make an unlined Fretless Jazz and Precision that isn't a signature model. Even if it's a Japanese or FSR model but a US standard would also be very welcome. Even better if the Precision was a 70's re-issue with the option of a rosewood or maple unlined fretless neck like the original fretless Precision they originally released. Just an unlined neck on a standard Jazz or Precision please, Japanese, FSR or US standard. The Franklin Precision is very nice as is the Pastorious Jazz but I don't want to be a Tony or a Jaco or want to spend that amount of money with someone elses name on my bass. Yes you offer other fretless basses but they all have lined necks which is great but give us unlined players an option without having to spend copious amounts of money on a bass called Tony.

While I'm at it, Ampeg to make an updated, lighter version of their excellent PF500/800 range of amp heads.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Tech21 to issue a Sansamp where when you add Gain it doesn’t increase the volume. 

But..... that's exactly what "gain" is. It's an increase in signal level. When you do it at the front end of a circuit it's just making it louder at that point in the path.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, mike257 said:

But..... that's exactly what "gain" is. It's an increase in signal level. When you do it at the front end of a circuit it's just making it louder at that point in the path.

But... There's nothing against making a system whereby increasing i/p gain (thus over-driving the i/p stage...) reduces to a similar degree the o/p, so that the perceived o/p level remains constant. Would that be so difficult..? It can be done manually (increase the gain, then turn down the o/p...), so why not an autopilot for that..? B|

• Like 2

More manufacturers to have a paint shop like G&L - all those finish options, available to order in whichever combination of wood, colour and pickguard you want.

Instead of short runs of very limited colours - you can't buy an American Precision in red at the moment, that seems nuts.

• Like 2

I'd like an industry standard for bass input jack position so either a 90 degree or straight plug suits them all. A 90 degree is best for my p bass but won't go in the recessed angled socket in my Ibanez so it's a pain in the hole changing between basses.

Same goes for pedals for neater pedal boards

• Like 2

I've just thought of something I'd like Fender to do — make the JMJ mustang in more colours, eg aged olympic white or shell pink. They'd look great next to my black one and two daphne blue ones. I suppose I should really get another black one so I can have one with the pearl pickguard and one with the black pickguard fitted.

• Like 1