Why become a member? ×

Cookie consent function now disabled on BC site?

musicbassman

I believe the cookie consent option thing is an EU law.

No idea if it still applies in the UK. I think there's a UK law that websites have to provide certain information regarding their cookie/data use( you should be able to see a link to Basschat's cookie info at the bottom of this page) but that's not quite the same thing.

Edited by Cato

I agree with the fact that in the U.K. this "no" option is not mandatory anymore BUT it's a worldwide website including EEC where it's mandatory to have the ability to refuse cookies.

Better act and put that option before some radicalists decide to lodge a complaint and ask for money BassChat doesn't have.

And don't tell us it's hard to implement...

• Like 1

I'm no tech-head. Today, my time on Basschat has been plagued by unwanted adverts which are impacting on my ability to use the site - sometimes I have unwanted adverts for kak obscuring the actual site. Appalling. Hope to be able to dump Google Generated Garbage as soon as possible. Not even a slightly happy bunny. 😡

• Like 3

For those interested I have History Kill for something like two decades now, it's a fantastic tool to do what it's supposed to do, but the fact is that we are now aiming to AI to decide what's good for us... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Come on, there are other ways to make a website viable.