Why become a member? ×

** The 15th South East Bass Bash - Sunday 12 November 2023 **

Hamster

21 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

I am suddenly interested in fretless basses, and how easy they are to play.  

I want to:

Experience lined v unlined; understand the difference in fretboard materials; contemplate mwah v no mwah.

Is anyone bringing a fretless bass to the Bass Bash, that they can demonstrate to me?

Thanks in advance. 

I can bring my lined G&L L2500

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/10/2023 at 20:22, bass_dinger said:

I am suddenly interested in fretless basses, and how easy they are to play.  

I want to:

Experience lined v unlined; understand the difference in fretboard materials; contemplate mwah v no mwah.

Is anyone bringing a fretless bass to the Bass Bash, that they can demonstrate to me?

Thanks in advance. 

I'll have a 6-string unlined maple board that @TheGreek made me buy and a 5-string lined mystery brown wood board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@cetera - Bass Collection Betsy, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Squier 40th Precision, Hamer Impact, Spector NS2, Spector Euro LX, Spector Euro Classic, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Legend 4X, Spector Pulse II, Spector Dimension 4HP, Gallien Krueger 400RB, 700RB-II & Legacy800 heads, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 cab

@TheGreek - All short scale this year - a @Jabba_the_gut scale 5er, Mini Ray, Short scale P bass

@Harlequin74 - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…

@TrevorR- Mk 1 Wal, Wal Pro IIE, Aria SB700, Frankenjazz, pedals and MarkBass LMII & Traveler 2x10

@bnt - travelling light, probably a couple of pedals such as T-Rex Diva Drive, Orange KongPressor

@bass_dinger - 1999 Washburn XB500, 1994 Washburn XB500, Washburn XB925 in zebrawood, Washburn XB925 in bits, Boulder Creek 5 string (likely to be for sale), SWR Workingmans 12.

@greentext - 2008 Spector NS4-H2, 2015 Sandberg VS4, 2000 Trace Elliot T-Bass, my pedalboard and my tin of picks 😈

@prowla - Probably a couple of Rickenbackers and some interesting oddities. Amp-wise a Markbass EVO and a 1x12 (last year I bought some others to try and never switched them on, as the EVO sounded spot-on).

@SuperSeagull - Status S2, Feline P Bass, Modded Fender Lyte, Flea Jazz, MB Combo

@Merton - various short and medium scale ACGs, Zoots and Conway basses, Barefaced cabs, modern Trace Elliot amps

@MacDaddy - Shuker (probably no3), Snapdragon Folding Bass, possibly a Rob Allen Mouse.

@neilp - matching pair of fretted and fretless 1980 Aria SB1000s, possibly my fretless Wal mk1, Ashdown ABM500/Ampeg 4x10, Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig

@NickD- Strunal Schonbach 5 String DB, and whatever else I can shoehorn in the car around it... hopefully a MD CMD121 H, Zoom B6, and maybe a Maruszczyk Jake and a Shuker Series 2.

@WalMan - converted Wal Pro, Zon Legacy Elite, Status S2, G&L L2500 fretless, McMillen 12Step & DSI MoPho, Two Notes Bass Revolt, Trondheim Audio SkarBassOne, BackBeat2 (and my BackBeat1 will probably be available for sale). 16. Darkglass Microtubes500 and one of the Barefaced cabs. All depends how late I leave and what will fit in the new car 🚙 😁

@Smanth - With my small, light, battery powered gear (mostly) ... IBBY-Ibanez GSRM25 5 str sub short scale, 'ELIMA - Kala California 5 str fretless ubass, QUINN- HB 5 Str Fretless, MOD Dwarf based pedalboard, Boss Dual Cube Bass LX. (Also some toys to sell)

@Jean-Luc Pickguard - NS Design CR5M, Squier Bass VI, Roland MicroCube Bass RX and some pedals.

@tauzero- the basses that @TheGreekmade me buy (handmade 6-string headless, Pedulla 6 fretless), Roland GR-55, one or two Seis, anything else that occurs to me, Mrs Zero (probably)

@Stingray5 - EBMM Stingray 5, a trio of Tunes i.e. TWB-6, TWB-4z, SWV4-BB, Boss GT-6B, Eden EC180 combo.

@rumblefish- Reverend Rumblefish, GB basses, Mesa Walkabout amp, Vanderkley 112 MNT.

@bassace97 - Musicman stingray basses, Fender Mustang bass, Pedalboard and my Mesa TT800 + SL112 cabs

@BillyBass - Reverend Decision P, Gallien-Krueger Fusion S1200 and Barefaced Midget

@silverfoxnik - some basses and noise amplifying boxes. 

@Simon C : G&L L2000 Tribute, Sire V7 Fretless, Ibanez EHB1000S Headless Shortscale. Various pedals (switch, tuner, Hypergravity compressor, Laney 85 Bass Octave, Bass Clone Chorus, Spectradrive, Ditto+ looper pedal and a Bluetooth page turner). Carlsboro Colt Keyboard Amp.

@Wolverinebass- Hamer Chaparral B12L, Tech 21 Dug Pinnick. Sideburns. Sarcasm.

@GoodShowSir- Cake, lots of.

@vz7- ACG (tbc) (as mentioned by @BillyBass)

@mrn1989 - GMR Soundboard 4, Maple PRS EB4, Rosewood PRS EB4, Epiphone V Bass, EBS Reidmar 502, Barefaced BB2, some pedals: EBS, Darkglass, Boss, Xotic, Sadowsky, DemonFX

@Chimike- KK Baby Bass Traditional, maybe my Monique, Ampeg Heritage B15 head.
@Kebabkid -  a Sire S7 or S3 (4 stringers), Roland Cube 120XL and possibly a Zoom bass unit or HX Stomp. (Hopefully!)
@HMX - Ray34
@chyc -  double bass and my GSS 06b400mkd 6.5" combo

• Like 1

I will likely not be attending anymore due to joining a band and they are shooting a music video the night of the 11th into the early morning of the 12th. i'll leave myself in the list and update the morning of if I can attend or not. A real shame as I was very much excited to meet you all and play your basses poorly haha

Unfortunately I haveto pull out also, who can I post the raffle donation to, so it can still be of use?

Removed myself from the list for other to copy pasta

@cetera - Bass Collection Betsy, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Squier 40th Precision, Hamer Impact, Spector NS2, Spector Euro LX, Spector Euro Classic, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Legend 4X, Spector Pulse II, Spector Dimension 4HP, Gallien Krueger 400RB, 700RB-II & Legacy800 heads, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 cab

@TheGreek - All short scale this year - a @Jabba_the_gut scale 5er, Mini Ray, Short scale P bass

@Harlequin74 - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…

@TrevorR- Mk 1 Wal, Wal Pro IIE, Aria SB700, Frankenjazz, pedals and MarkBass LMII & Traveler 2x10

@bnt - travelling light, probably a couple of pedals such as T-Rex Diva Drive, Orange KongPressor

@bass_dinger - 1999 Washburn XB500, 1994 Washburn XB500, Washburn XB925 in zebrawood, Washburn XB925 in bits, Boulder Creek 5 string (likely to be for sale), SWR Workingmans 12.

@greentext - 2008 Spector NS4-H2, 2015 Sandberg VS4, 2000 Trace Elliot T-Bass, my pedalboard and my tin of picks 😈

@prowla - Probably a couple of Rickenbackers and some interesting oddities. Amp-wise a Markbass EVO and a 1x12 (last year I bought some others to try and never switched them on, as the EVO sounded spot-on).

@SuperSeagull - Status S2, Feline P Bass, Modded Fender Lyte, Flea Jazz, MB Combo

@Merton - various short and medium scale ACGs, Zoots and Conway basses, Barefaced cabs, modern Trace Elliot amps

@MacDaddy - Shuker (probably no3), Snapdragon Folding Bass, possibly a Rob Allen Mouse.

@neilp - matching pair of fretted and fretless 1980 Aria SB1000s, possibly my fretless Wal mk1, Ashdown ABM500/Ampeg 4x10, Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig

@NickD- Strunal Schonbach 5 String DB, and whatever else I can shoehorn in the car around it... hopefully a MD CMD121 H, Zoom B6, and maybe a Maruszczyk Jake and a Shuker Series 2.

@WalMan - converted Wal Pro, Zon Legacy Elite, Status S2, G&L L2500 fretless, McMillen 12Step & DSI MoPho, Two Notes Bass Revolt, Trondheim Audio SkarBassOne, BackBeat2 (and my BackBeat1 will probably be available for sale). 16. Darkglass Microtubes500 and one of the Barefaced cabs. All depends how late I leave and what will fit in the new car 🚙 😁

@Smanth - With my small, light, battery powered gear (mostly) ... IBBY-Ibanez GSRM25 5 str sub short scale, 'ELIMA - Kala California 5 str fretless ubass, QUINN- HB 5 Str Fretless, MOD Dwarf based pedalboard, Boss Dual Cube Bass LX. (Also some toys to sell)

@Jean-Luc Pickguard - NS Design CR5M, Squier Bass VI, Roland MicroCube Bass RX and some pedals.

@tauzero- the basses that @TheGreekmade me buy (handmade 6-string headless, Pedulla 6 fretless), Roland GR-55, one or two Seis, anything else that occurs to me, Mrs Zero (probably)

@Stingray5 - EBMM Stingray 5, a trio of Tunes i.e. TWB-6, TWB-4z, SWV4-BB, Boss GT-6B, Eden EC180 combo.

@rumblefish- Reverend Rumblefish, GB basses, Mesa Walkabout amp, Vanderkley 112 MNT.

@bassace97 - Musicman stingray basses, Fender Mustang bass, Pedalboard and my Mesa TT800 + SL112 cabs

@BillyBass - Reverend Decision P, Gallien-Krueger Fusion S1200 and Barefaced Midget

@silverfoxnik - some basses and noise amplifying boxes. 

@Simon C : G&L L2000 Tribute, Sire V7 Fretless, Ibanez EHB1000S Headless Shortscale. Various pedals (switch, tuner, Hypergravity compressor, Laney 85 Bass Octave, Bass Clone Chorus, Spectradrive, Ditto+ looper pedal and a Bluetooth page turner). Carlsboro Colt Keyboard Amp.

@vz7- ACG (tbc) (as mentioned by @BillyBass)

@Kebabkid -  a Sire S7 or S3 (4 stringers), Roland Cube 120XL and possibly a Zoom bass unit or HX Stomp. (Hopefully!)
@HMX - Ray34
@chyc -  double bass and my GSS 06b400mkd 6.5" combo

23 hours ago, greentext said:

I will likely not be attending anymore due to joining a band and they are shooting a music video the night of the 11th into the early morning of the 12th. i'll leave myself in the list and update the morning of if I can attend or not. A real shame as I was very much excited to meet you all and play your basses poorly haha

You do realise that playing a 12 string will be endlessly more fun than miming/crying/looking moody/dressing up as a banana or whatever people do in music videos any more.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

You do realise that playing a 12 string will be endlessly more fun than miming/crying/looking moody/dressing up as a banana or whatever people do in music videos any more.

I wholeheartly agree and I not happy at all about missing it, was genuinely stoked, hopefully I can drag myself outta bed in the morning and get there but unlikely if it is a tough night 🥵

• Like 1

Now I'm back in my home I've been looking into building one of the BC112 cabs ... at present a Beyma SM212 is one its way to me from a kind BCer! :i-m_so_happy:

So why mention here?

I'm wondering if anyone coming next week might be bringing one of the BC112s loaded with such a driver so I can get an idea of sound/size/weight.

S'manth x

Another dropout here, I'm afraid. 😢
I was really looking forward to this (especially as I had to miss last year after my car was written off), but recording commitments this week now mean I won't be able to sneak away for a few hours. 
However, if there's any change of plan and I can make it along, then I'll be there.

• Sad 3

I’ve never been before but I’m going to try and get there, can or should I bring my basses?? There’s quite a few,🫤

Wals; 2xMKII 5 string

“        2xMKI fretted/fretless

”         1x PRO II passive 

“          1xPRO I reissue 

smiths ;1x BLACK TIGER 5 

“         1x BT 4 

“.         1xBSR 4 

status; Empathy 5

musicman , Sterling 5

“.               “          4

“.               “ classic 4 

Stingray 4 

Alembic distillate 

Ibanez musicians x2 

GB spitfire 4 

And if I can fit in all in the van my barefaced cab(s) and tecamp puma/genz shuttle/streamliner. 
Does anyone know if there will be any LFsys cabs there please? I like to compare them with the barefaced ones if poss. Thank you. Jeff 

• Like 4

Updated attendee list:

@cetera - Bass Collection Betsy, ESP Surveyor '87, Fender FSR PJ Precision, Squier 40th Precision, Hamer Impact, Spector NS2, Spector Euro LX, Spector Euro Classic, Spector EuroX (Spectorbird), Spector Legend 4X, Spector Pulse II, Spector Dimension 4HP, Gallien Krueger 400RB, 700RB-II & Legacy800 heads, GenzBenz Neox 2x12 cab

@TheGreek - All short scale this year - a @Jabba_the_gut scale 5er, Mini Ray, Short scale P bass

@Harlequin74 - Zoot Performer, Status Shark, Spector QV4 , Markbass TTE501 and Matching CAB. Maybe the Lehle Basswitch…

@bnt - travelling light, probably a couple of pedals such as T-Rex Diva Drive, Orange KongPressor

@bass_dinger - 1999 Washburn XB500, 1994 Washburn XB500, Washburn XB925 in zebrawood, Washburn XB925 in bits, Boulder Creek 5 string (likely to be for sale), SWR Workingmans 12.

@greentext - 2008 Spector NS4-H2, 2015 Sandberg VS4, 2000 Trace Elliot T-Bass, my pedalboard and my tin of picks 😈

@prowla - Probably a couple of Rickenbackers and some interesting oddities. Amp-wise a Markbass EVO and a 1x12 (last year I bought some others to try and never switched them on, as the EVO sounded spot-on).

@SuperSeagull - Status S2, Feline P Bass, Modded Fender Lyte, Flea Jazz, MB Combo

@Merton - various short and medium scale ACGs, Zoots and Conway basses, Barefaced cabs, modern Trace Elliot amps

@MacDaddy - Shuker (probably no3), Snapdragon Folding Bass, possibly a Rob Allen Mouse.

@neilp - matching pair of fretted and fretless 1980 Aria SB1000s, possibly my fretless Wal mk1, Ashdown ABM500/Ampeg 4x10, Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig

@WalMan - converted Wal Pro, Zon Legacy Elite, Status S2, G&L L2500 fretless, McMillen 12Step & DSI MoPho, Two Notes Bass Revolt, Trondheim Audio SkarBassOne, BackBeat2 (and my BackBeat1 will probably be available for sale). 16. Darkglass Microtubes500 and one of the Barefaced cabs. All depends how late I leave and what will fit in the new car 🚙 😁

@Smanth - With my small, light, battery powered gear (mostly) ... IBBY-Ibanez GSRM25 5 str sub short scale, 'ELIMA - Kala California 5 str fretless ubass, QUINN- HB 5 Str Fretless, MOD Dwarf based pedalboard, Boss Dual Cube Bass LX. (Also some toys to sell)

@Jean-Luc Pickguard - NS Design CR5M, Squier Bass VI, Roland MicroCube Bass RX and some pedals.

@tauzero- the basses that @TheGreekmade me buy (handmade 6-string headless, Pedulla 6 fretless), Roland GR-55, one or two Seis, anything else that occurs to me, Mrs Zero (probably)

@bassace97 - Musicman stingray basses, Fender Mustang bass, Pedalboard and my Mesa TT800 + SL112 cabs

@BillyBass - Reverend Decision P, Gallien-Krueger Fusion S1200 and Barefaced Midget

@silverfoxnik - some basses and noise amplifying boxes. 

@Simon C : G&L L2000 Tribute, Sire V7 Fretless, Ibanez EHB1000S Headless Shortscale. Various pedals (switch, tuner, Hypergravity compressor, Laney 85 Bass Octave, Bass Clone Chorus, Spectradrive, Ditto+ looper pedal and a Bluetooth page turner). Carlsboro Colt Keyboard Amp.

@vz7- ACG (tbc) (as mentioned by @BillyBass)

@Kebabkid -  a Sire S7 or S3 (4 stringers), Roland Cube 120XL and possibly a Zoom bass unit or HX Stomp. (Hopefully!)
@HMX - Ray34
@chyc -  double bass and my GSS 06b400mkd 6.5" combo
@tubbybloke68 - lots of basses!

• Haha 1