Why become a member? ×

Headstock clip-on tuner recommendations

Dazm66

Forgive me if this has been asked before (I did a search but couldn't find anything recent), but anyone use a clip on tuner that they would recommend - caveat it must be big and bright! Thanks

I've got the TC Unitune one. Same as the polytune aside from the "poly" element that doesn't work on bass.

It's very good. As with all clip ones though if other people are playing loud and vibrating the body of your instrument it can get a bit confused sometimes.

I’ve found them all to be very similar. My main one is the Uniclip as recommended by many others but when I bought a 2nd and it got lost in the post I got one of these.

I currently carry a cheap no name one I picked up at the only music store I could find in one country. Also seems to work fine.

https://www.daddario.com/products/accessories/tuners/micro-headstock-tuner/

Works just as well, screen isn’t as clear as well it’s tiny but the plus side is it’s tiny.

I also had my Uniclip leave indentations on the my Ric headstock (more so due to the soft gloss nitro finish) but it’s work noting.

Studio and serious live work I have the Peterson Strobostomp HD, rest of the time any of the clips work fine.

Edited by tayste_2000
Linked to the wrong product