Why become a member? ×

Identical gear twins

Mudpup

Have you got any bass kit that is an identical twin of something else you already have? Something that for some reason you just needed/wanted exactly the same thing again whilst still having the original item. 

I've just picked up a second used Sony DWZ wireless unit because they're long discontinued, super rare and I love my old one. It been used most weekends and having kept my eye on recent 'what wireless' threads I can't see anything currently that I would be happy to splash the cash on should it fail on me. It'll be parked in the spares drawer or loaned out within the band in case I ever need it.

And the other twin I have is a second Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 obtained by a recentish trade with one of our esteemed Basschat members @silverfoxnik Again driven by the fact that I love my original one, there aren't many about and the opportunity arose to grab a spare. 

So the criteria is that it must be exactly the same as something you already possess. If it's a bass it must be visually identical - no extra strings or different colours. And lets not bother about second cabs or accessories such as stands/leads and suchlike. Just basses, amps, effects or similar bigger things.

Watcha got and why?

• Like 1

I have three Trace Elliot AH150 heads - why wouldn't you?

Also have two Yamaha BBG5S  - one in white,  the other in blue.  Don't forget my fretted and fretless TRB1005 - both in natural figured maple.

Two Yamaha NE1 preamp pedals.

When you are on to a winner why not keep it going.  

2 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

3 x Fender JMJ Mustang basses, all in black, all strung with Elixir steel rounds.

Why 3 rather than 2? A spare for your spare? Or do they all feel/play a bit different? Do you have a fave? But a perfect example none the less

Edited by Mudpup

Just now, Mudpup said:

Why 3 rather than 2? A spare for your spare? Or do they all feel/play a bit different? Do you have a fave?

Well the aim was 2, one main one backup. First weighed 8lbs1, second 8lbs5, was fine with that but then one came up weighing 7lbs15, given that I’ve “gone Mustang” due to back issues it made sense to get it.

Do I have a fave, yes the first one as these little basses have given me a new lease of life on playing in bands, realistically I was possibly going to have to stop being in bands so I’ll forever love the first one for what it signifies to me.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mudpup said:

Doesn't count.... 😁

What about in the dark, without any lights on??

2 hours ago, Mudpup said:

Doesn't count...

Has to be identical visually

From a distance nobody can tell the difference...

• Like 1

It is not often that I buy something twice, but at one point I had two Ibanez ATK300L's (and an identical 5-string ATK305) and three MC924's. I still have a tendency to get a 4-string and 5-string of the same model - I have a Warwick Streamer LX and an LX5, and a Status Graphite S2 Classic 4-string and 5-string. The ATK's are all gone, and only one MC924 remains. 

I have seven Vantage VP-710B's with two identical pairs.

I started with one, then a spare for it, then one for BEAD, then a spare for that.

Then I found one in better shape, and then one in even better shape!

And one to donate spare parts.

I know most won't understand, but what can i say... I'm obsessed with them 🤣

20230702_172544.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, joeystrange said:

I did have two black/black/maple Fender Precisions but they’re now both gone. One about 2 years ago and the other very recently.

I have two black/black/maple Fender Precisions but one is US and the other is Mex. Does that count?