Why become a member? ×

Your ideal Glastonbury lineup

TimR

So you've been put in charge of booking the next Glastonbury acts. 

Who would you pick? 

Not just acts you like, they have to have wide appeal, but obviously you get to pick so will be heavily influenced by your tastes.

5 minutes ago, LowB_FTW said:

Def Leppard, Larkin Poe, MonaLisa Twins, Terrorvision, Is The KLF still together? if so, them, The Proclaimers, KT Tunstall, Aimee Mann, Thunder, Fiona Apple.

Main headliners would be Def Leppard.

Mark

That's eclectic! 

• Thanks 1

Eclectic mix: Parliament/funkadelic (P Funk), JTQ, Roni size, Rudmental (currently watching), Damien Marley, Dreadzone, Gong/Hillage, Ozrics, Dua Lipa, Vibronics, Snarky Puppy, Cory Wong, The Fearless Flyers, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Primus, Led Zepplin, Afro Celt soundsystem, Orbital, Chemical Brothers, Warpaint, Dr . Funk, Bootsy Collins, Squarepusher, Muse & The Dubliners.

• Like 4

I think you’re looking at Taylor Swift/Rhianna something like that for Friday. Coldplay for Saturday and then maybe Madonna/Depeche Mode for Sunday. 

I generally don’t bother with the Pyramid. My wife doesn’t handle the crowd that well, don’t think the kids would like it. If I do go next year, it’s going to be a very different experience. 🤣

Pyramid

Friday: Depeche Mode

Saturday: Dr Dre (with Eminem and Snoop Dog).

Sunday: U2

Other stage:

Friday: Loyle Carner

Saturday: Pixies 

Sunday: Massive Attack (with Horrace Andy who would have already performed on West Holts) and Stephanie Dosen).

Edited by tegs07

Having become detached from popular music awareness around 25 years ago, I'd expect a decent modern festival to be full of names I don't recognise. Any lineup I'd come up with would read like something from the last century and it shouldn't be that way. Many of the bands from my era are mediocre live, these days, even when playing the old music from back when they were good. They shouldn't be at the festival, anyway. I need a time machine festival 😂

• Like 5

My ideal lineup would consist of bands I have absolutely no interest in, as I despise festivals & this would provide absolutely no incentive to be stupid enough to go.

Fortunately, Glastonbury seems to manage to do this every year anyway, with no assistance from me. 👍

• Haha 1

On 25/06/2023 at 22:02, Raslee said:

Eclectic mix: Parliament/funkadelic (P Funk), JTQ, Roni size, Rudmental (currently watching), Damien Marley, Dreadzone, Gong/Hillage, Ozrics, Dua Lipa, Vibronics, Snarky Puppy, Cory Wong, The Fearless Flyers, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Primus, Led Zepplin, Afro Celt soundsystem, Orbital, Chemical Brothers, Warpaint, Dr . Funk, Bootsy Collins, Squarepusher, Muse & The Dubliners.

You had me at Funkadelic

Friday: Sigrid, John Mayer, Soil and Pimp Sessions, Peter Gabriel, Foo Fighters

Saturday: First Aid Kit, Dua Lipa, Kalandra, Simple Minds, The Walker Roaders, Rage Against The Machine

Sunday: London Grammar, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Tears For Fears, Bruce Springsteen, Sting