Why become a member? ×

On 21/06/2023 at 11:47, cetera said:

I've done it once, but I had private backstage camping and showers/food as I was stage crew on the Acoustic Stage. That's the ONLY way I'd go....

The only way I will go to any kind of festival is if I was playing, and be there only while I was playing.

• Like 8

…..recent blog from a band apologising for not playing playing again this year as their ‘tickets’ hadn’t arrived. Apparently they had three stages to play on and have only just found out these smaller stages are run separately from the main G’bury organisation, tickets being limited in some business way that makes money but doubtful the bands on these ‘smaller’ stages get anything except tickets for the band to gain entrance.

On 21/06/2023 at 11:47, cetera said:

Have a great time....

Looks like my idea of hell though (camping.... with....people....)

I've done it once, but I had private backstage camping and showers/food as I was stage crew on the Acoustic Stage. That's the ONLY way I'd go....

When was this? I used to work as stage crew on the Acoustic stage!

Not sure if it's been mentioned but don't forget to upload what3words if you're camping. 

A friend of mine got lost and couldn't find his tent all weekend...didn't help that he'd swallowed a small square of paper on the first night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, amnesia said:

Do you have your ridiculously tall flag? If not...are you even doing it right?

I think these days all tall flags are required by law to get as close as possible to the sightlines between all TV cameras and any band members currently on stage. 

• Like 3

On 21/06/2023 at 16:32, SteveXFR said:

My old neighbour learned to play the didgeridoo at Glastonbury. Maybe it was the same person who taught him. We enjoyed him practicing in his garden in the evening for a while but after three weeks of two hours every evening it lost its appeal

Yes, they very soon become a Didjeridon't.

9 minutes ago, MichaelDean said:

Side note: so bloody many p basses. A Jack Cassidy was a nice change of pace. 

The P bass is the standard. Boring, functional, gets the job done. I insisted I'd never have one because they're so common. I currently have 3 basses, all Fender P basses

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Playing to a crowd the size Foo Fighters are playing to would cause some underwear soiling. 

I'm a bit nervous about playing to one hundred next month and there's probably a thousand times that number there

The other 'favourite' for the mystery artist slot was Harry Styles, who would also have been a massive draw 

Not sure what a venn diagram of Foos fans and Styles fans would look like ...

The Foos are one of the best live bands I've ever seen and I say that as someone who has tried and failed to get into their albums several times.

The same material I'm indifferent about on their albums somehow gets lifted to a much higher level when they perform it live.

I reckon it'd be a tough crowd that they couldn't win over.

Speaking of which, Royal Blood up next on the Pyramid ...

Edited by Cato