Why become a member? ×

Barefaced… amp?

Pea Turgh

It will be class D.

The vast majority of amp sales are now. They'd be mad to do anything else for their first amp.... unless they went down the £3000 boooteeeq made to order route. But there's probably not enough buyers for that sort of thing to justify the R&D spend.

Class D, and I bet made offshore to be competitive on price. I don't have a problem with that. There's amazing stuff from all over the world now.

2 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Class D, and I bet made offshore to be competitive on price. I don't have a problem with that. There's amazing stuff from all over the world now.

If its the module in the picture, its an ICEPower one - same as used on most of the class Ds.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

If its the module in the picture, its an ICEPower one - same as used on most of the class Ds.

It definitely looks like an ICEPower but I suspect one of the newer AS series. Tge picture show sone control so possible  powers cab?

Edited by Chienmortbb

Not the first time I hear about Barefaced making an amp, I’ve heard that for a couple years so good to see that happening finally…!

it’s made me think whether I should wait for my next bass purchase but I always find them being late to my GAS need or myself being impatient lol. 

Would love to see and hear more, if it’s as good as the cabs they’re onto something!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

BF had one and dropped it when it didn't sell enough to warrant the inventory costs.

I think I read somewhere that the power amp manufacturer stopped making the amp he was using, so if true that probably helped the decision.

On 26/05/2023 at 18:30, BassmanPaul said:

It's very unlikely to be class A!  Too inefficient for a bass amp.

Anything other than Class D would also go massively against what Barefaced stand for - Small, light, loud. No sense buying a One10 and paring it up with an amp as big and heavy! 

• Like 2

On 28/05/2023 at 20:13, ukbassboy said:

Anything other than Class D would also go massively against what Barefaced stand for - Small, light, loud. No sense buying a One10 and paring it up with an amp as big and heavy! 

My BF Compact (and accompanying compact clone) is paired with an old ampeg ~3x as heavy! 😂

• Haha 1

On 28/05/2023 at 20:13, ukbassboy said:

Yup, can't imagine anyone doing that!

img_0029-jpg.2548414

13305118_10154253682352704_3053375233041

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

My Virgo brain is struggling with that red amp sleeve!! 🙂

When I started as a guitard, many decades ago, I had a 30 watt 2x12 Selmer Combo. Same size as an AC30, it was great, although the faux crocodile skin covering was as tatty as hell. I re-covered it in bright red vinyl. I realise it was a crime, but I knew no better.

Why would Alex want to build a big, heavy and expensive amp that very few people would buy?

My guess is that any amp from Barefaced will be a top of the line D class amp that will be rubbing shoulders with the very best in that field. I hope he includes an HPF.

• Like 5