Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan 70's RI Precision bass, PB 70-78US CIJ 2006. - *SOLD*
£850
Darlington

karlfer

Price is for a cash sale, trade value is higher.

Neck on this is very "Nate Mendel", 40mm nut, fast & slim, TV Logo.

US pickups, alder body, maple neck, rosewood board, 8lb 14oz.

I also have the "tug bar"  finger rest from the E side but it got in my way hence removal.

Non export model. There are always a few in the UK but VAT, import duty & shipping are getting really prohibitive now.

It's a bit Sid (for those of an age).

Slight crack to paint (2mm) on body next to neck. Common on basses where the neck needs loosening to adjust truss rod. Usually caused by somebody tightening up a neck screw too much. Not me (although I have been guilty in the past).

One chip and a few dimples at the back end of the bass. Please bear in mind 17 years old & it has been gigged.

If you search, there are a couple of these for sale, prices between £750 & over £1300.

Thanks for looking,

Karl

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, tredders said:

These are ace.  I had one a while ago and should never have sold it.  

Ditto. Mine had been under the bed for a while so I sold it, and while I was giving it a once over before packing it up, I immediately regretted taking the cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karlfer said:

As ever the "it's only worth £400" crowd are out (admittedly mainly on Faecesbook).

Yeah, ten years ago maybe.

Karl has fabulous taste in basses and is a pleasure to deal with. GLWTS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

These really are superb basses with lovely necks. If this was the model with the maple neck I'd be tempted.

On the plus side, if it doesn't sell you get to keep a hold of a fantastic PBass!!

My thoughts exactly!

• Like 1

• karlfer changed the title to Fender Japan 70's RI Precision bass, PB 70-78US CIJ 2006.
4 hours ago, karlfer said:

Surprisingly little realistic interest in this splendid bass despite some similarities to the Mexico Nate....

Oh I'd be very interested, if I wasn't so fond of my Fiesta Red P bass. 

I mean, it's a Japan Fender, it's a lovely ageing white, and a slightly narrower neck. What's not to like? If only I could justify another Precision! 

I'm sure this will sell - its partly due to it being "that time of year" I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've done some more research on these.

It appears there are 2 other PB70 US for sale in the UK although I'm not sure if they are PB70-70US or PB70-78US. 
Both are at FenderFever, both out at £1295 + shipping.

One of the 2012 export block fretboards (originally £500 new) recently sold on Feebay at £950.

In America, one the same as mine sold in Sept 21 for $1000.
There is currently one up at $1595.

Whilst none of this guarantees a price, with them being officially non export & apparently discontinued, the ravages of VAT, import duties & shipping may make them increasingly difficult to find.
I'm leaving this up at this price until Sunday evening (15/1/23).

After that, it will be removed & will reappear later this year at a minimum of £1000.
Cheers,
Karl.

5 hours ago, pete.young said:

Seems reasonably priced to me at £850. @thebrig has an ad for one of these in the Wanted section.

I agree, it's a beautiful bass (I used to own one, called 'Sid') and I really don't think price is the issue, Karl. It's the time of year and more than likely exacerbated by fears over CoL, upcoming bills etc.

In short, it's a fab bass and will sell. I just think you may have to be a little more patient than normal. Same applies to me with my items for sale!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Clarky said:

I agree, it's a beautiful bass (I used to own one, called 'Sid') and I really don't think price is the issue, Karl. It's the time of year and more than likely exacerbated by fears over CoL, upcoming bills etc.

In short, it's a fab bass and will sell. I just think you may have to be a little more patient than normal. Same applies to me with my items for sale!

Unlike you Clarky I don't have the life expectancy for patience 😆

• Haha 1

• karlfer changed the title to Sold Fender Japan 70's RI Precision bass, PB 70-78US CIJ 2006.