Why become a member? ×

Black Friday deals

jimmyb625

It's that time of year again...

I know some people think it's a load of nonsense and we shouldn't be encouraging people to buy things we don't need and on the whole I tend to agree.

With that said, however, I thought it may be useful to have somewhere where we can share any decent offers.

So far, I've seen the following:

Andertons - offering around £50 off some Sire's (I don't know what they usually sell for though) they also have offers on some other bass stuff

Studiospares - 20% off 6 pack of mic stands (also 5% off some k&m stands, which they're already quite cheap with)

Anyone else found anything?

10 hours ago, msb said:

I’m probably not going to bother , there’s nothing I need. However … I watch kijiji , like a hawk , and have found some great deals there over the years.

Sometime I can’t resist.

Kijiji has been important to me. It was the source of my first EUB(Stagg), then a Yamaha SLB 200 and then my first DB, the luthier that I found to work on it and eventually the last bass I will buy (Shen SB100) and an Acoustic Image amp. I got unbelievable deals on all of them, especially the SLB 200 and Shen, and would not have bought them new so Kijiji really has changed my life, I would probably still be playing EB without Kijiji. It is very rare to find deep discounts on new DB in normal retail shops or online, used is the only way to go for many of us.

It was also where I found my sailboat and a number of vehicles over the years, I check it every day even though I'm not actually in the market for anything at this point in my life. Small stuff like tuners and strings I will buy at shops or online.😊🇨🇦

Many of my amps were bought on kijiji. I bought my DB from a friend that refurbishes them. But I found a GenzBenz Streamliner (that I had agedhorse check and upgrade) , a GK MB200 , an SWR Headlite (a hundred bucks) a Darkglass e500 , and a Hotone. 
And various basses and pedals. The secret is to simply keep a musical emergency fund in a sock so you can instantly spring when you spot something interesting.

There’s only certain things I’ll entertain now. But I watch it like a hawk.

PMT selling Yamaha BB435 £494 is tempting. That is over £100 cheaper than GAK, Guitar Guitar, Thomann, or Yamaha. (A bit cheeky to list 'was £894' though, even direct from Yamaha is only £645 without any mention of a reduction).  They also have the catchily named Yamaha TRBX605FM-TBL for £516, most other shops sell it for about £600 (£689 from Yamaha, so again PMT with their 'was £966' seems cheeky).

Edited by SumOne

EBMM Stingray Special 4H, Speed Blue for £2,199.00 (save £550)

https://www.andertons.co.uk/offers/all-bass-guitar-offers/music-man-stingray-special-speed-blue-roasted-maple-rosewood-white-pearloid-pg-black-hardware

Spector Euro 4 RST, Turquoise Tide Matte for £1,772.00 (save £857)

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/spector-euro-4-rst-electric-bass-turquoise-tide-matte 

Sandberg 35th Anniversary California II Supreme Quilted Maple Blueburst or Redburst for £2,999.00 (save £500)

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/210916374087025--sandberg-35th-anniversary-california-ii-supreme-quilted-maple-r 

13 hours ago, TheLowDown said:

Sometimes you have to be careful of retailers bumping the price up in the weeks beforehand, only to knock the price only part way down to it's original and saying it's on sale 🤣

The deals I posted are genuinely good one; however, you are right that most BF "bargains" are not to be trusted:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/black-friday-deals-warning-which-brands-b1041598.html  

4 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Struggling with my trigger-finger over a Shimano 105 7020 hydraulic groupset for £499 over at Wiggle/Chain Reaction. About half what it was 18 months ago...

Bugger, for a moment I though this was BikeChat. :ph34r:

TBH, this is just the place to come when you want encouragement to buy something you don't really need (but also totally need and can't live without honest) and don't want to talk to your partner first as you know they will probably say no!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tim2291 said:

TBH, this is just the place to come when you want encouragement to buy something you don't really need (but also totally need and can't live without honest) and don't want to talk to your partner first as you know they will probably say no!

My partner's away at the moment so not available for consultation - but she is at the same time the best and the worst person in the world about this sort of thing because I know for a fact she'd say BUY IT!!! :D

...And I probably will...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

My partner's away at the moment so not available for consultation - but she is at the same time the best and the worst person in the world about this sort of thing because I know for a fact she'd say BUY IT!!! :D

...And I probably will...

In that case... what are you waiting for! :D My wife is the same usually, but we have a baby due in January so I've had to reign in the impulse buying... But I do think the baby needs a short scale bass!

• Haha 3