jimmyb625

#Martin Lewis...

Skint:

'Do I need it?'

'Can I afford it?'

Not Skint:

'Will I use it?'

'Is it worth it?'

Stuff you buy and never use, however cheap is waste... More expensive and used more is of more value for money.

Especially as part of a hobby... cost divided by hours of use... the more you use it the cheaper it gets...

Edited by PaulThePlug

2 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

The deals I posted are genuinely good one; however, you are right that most BF "bargains" are not to be trusted:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/black-friday-deals-warning-which-brands-b1041598.html  

Yes, it's often good to use a price tracker to see how prices have changed for that item over the last year or so.

• Like 1

A good thing with bass gear (especially second hand, but potentially sale stuff) is it doesn't really depreciate in value much. With close to 10% inflation and low interest rates on savings it could even be an alright investment....that's what I'm telling myself anyway!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim2291 said:

In that case... what are you waiting for! :D My wife is the same usually, but we have a baby due in January so I've had to reign in the impulse buying... But I do think the baby needs a short scale bass!

I've genuinely managed to not sell my short scale Jag by saying our daughter might Ike to play 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, naxos10 said:

I was on a few sites yesterday GuitarGuitar, Andertons and P M T and was suprised how much 'B' stock was being included on the Black Friday pages.

Yes, and watch them for giving you b stock without telling you its b stock as well - PMT especially.

• Like 1

I worked for a watch company a few years back; the whole black Friday thing is a bit odd and somewhat of a con.

Tons of our dead stock/undersales would go out to the bigger stores, overpriced for a while and then miraculously slashed by £££ to clear.  It was all horribly manipulative; there were no real bargains.  I'm assuming the same applies in every sector.

43 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

I worked for a watch company a few years back; the whole black Friday thing is a bit odd and somewhat of a con.

Tons of our dead stock/undersales would go out to the bigger stores, overpriced for a while and then miraculously slashed by £££ to clear.  It was all horribly manipulative; there were no real bargains.  I'm assuming the same applies in every sector.

I have bought a few items in the Black Friday sales not out of anything but need as both the house land phones and the wifes mobile failed this week. I will be checking the price in the coming days to see if they were bargains but I doubt if this will be the case.