Why become a member? ×

Female Bass Players

SamIAm

14 minutes ago, dmc79 said:

I mentioned her! Loved them until their 2000 split. Not paid much attention since 

I missed your comment. I kind of gave up on them around the same time. I saw them at Glastonbury in about 2015 and saw too much of Billy's gut in his I'll fitting shirt. It was like watching a second rate Smashing Pumpkins tribute band. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Billy Corgan seems to have a thing for female bassists. As well as those already mentioned, he's also played with.....

Ginger Pooley....

image.png.7223d990b45e69efb17c366b9b397699.png

Nicole Fiorentino.....

image.png.aa5b92af3fa9c23814c15872262d388d.png

Nicole was with them when I saw them. She was pretty decent. 

I guess he recruits female bassists for the backing vocals. Same case with Pixies I guess.

14 minutes ago, meterman said:

You’ll be saying you don’t like Khruangbin next

I've changed my mind! I no longer find them to be like a beige painting in a beige frame on a beige wall in a room with a beige carpet with a beige turd in the middle of it...

They're vibrant and pushing the boundaries of music!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, meterman said:

Eh?

You’ll be saying you don’t like Khruangbin next!

I'll freely admit to not seeing, or hearing, the interest. The expression 'Money for old rope' comes to mind. I deliberately had a go at listening to the clip above, and gave it much longer than usual, but abandoned just the same at five minutes. Good luck to 'em, but it's not for me. One group, long gone now, did a similar thing, but well : Meï Teï Shô. (No female bassist, but good stuff despite that...)

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

The beigeness was far worse than @Leonard Smalls suggested.

I was being nice! (ish)

But I fail to understand all the love they get. 

Though to be fair, there's thousands of other bands that loads of folks like that are immho somewhere behind the line going from trite to sh1te!

That's the beauty of taste...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I was being nice! (ish)

But I fail to understand all the love they get. 

Though to be fair, there's thousands of other bands that loads of folks like that are immho somewhere behind the line going from trite to sh1te!

That's the beauty of taste...

I particularly enjoyed the thinness of tone from their instruments and the drummer who will never be accused of over playing 

The drummer looks like he's thinking about what to have for dinner most the time, the guitarist really needs to invest in a bottle of Timotei for his rancid looking mop, I didn't hear what the bass player was doing as I naturally tune out the sound of Jazz basses, plus I was distracted by the swaying hips.