Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 👍

Richard R

Page eleven update...

@Richard R: Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weigh basses with, cake, orange smarties, Westfield "Small Body" bass *FOR SALE*

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines: Dingwall D-Roc 5, MTD Kingston Super 5, Yamaha BBG4 (will be for sale at a cheeky price), Warwick Gnome 280w, Ashdown RM210, Zoom B2 Four

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6, Grace Design Alix, QSC K12.2, Boss Waza-Air Bass.

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

@floFC: curiosity, Kramer Aluminium Neck

@Oldman: GR AT 210, Markbass EVO 1, and an unlined NT fretless 35” Scale custom.

@SimBass: Sandberg California II TM 5, Eminence Small bodied double bass, EBS Stanley Clarke Preamp pedal, GRBass One 800, Barefaced Super Compact, Barefaced One10

@Owen: 6 string 36" scale Overwater poss for sale. Shuker Uberhorn 5, Shuker/Firecreek hybrid 5, USA J 5 reliced and MTD Kingston 5. QSC 10", Warwick Hellborg pre, Fender TRB 1 pre and Sadowsky pre. Future Impact.

@GremlinAndy: Something interesting, 39.5" Shuker, Zon Hyperbass.

@Jabba_the_gut: 27” scale 5 string, a Status S3000 and a whatever else fits in the car…

@Roland RockWood&Tronics Ergon 5 string and Glockenklang Blue Rock head/BF Super Twin cab

@MottlefeederModular 1x10 battery / mains combo + extension speaker, battery powered amps, An 'even-briefer-case' 2x5 battery powered combo, Ibanez EWB205, 5-string ABG, Ibanez EHB1265, 5-string, headless, fanned fret bass

@cytania& @Marillionred Spears & Warwicks

@emperormingus: 66 P bass, 58 custom shop P bass, 63 Hofner, JMJ mustang, Wal fretless, Quilter BB800, Barefaced cabs, Jad Freer Capo, Origin 64 Bassrig 

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard R said:

Does anyone have a spare guitar stand I can borrow for the event? 

I think I have one more stand than the number of basses I'm bringing.  So I'll bring it ...if there's still room after I've stowed three e.basses, a double bass and an amp in a Skoda CitiGo. 🤔... aand an extension lead.

Edited by NickA
  • Like 2

OK, so you've scared my guitarist friend off! Only joking, he's not going to be back in Notts in time. 

I've remembered the username of other attendee, it's @emperormingus

he's bringing a selection of stuff, but I don't have details.

We're both expecting to arrive around 11

See you tomorrow!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Richard R said:

You have my sympathy, cross country from North Wales is a trek. Have you left already,  or just planning?

Sitting in an airbnb which I THOUGHT was a stop on the way but I suspect that my 45 minute trek across country means I did not plan it well. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Right. Time to sleep. I usually wake up stupidly early and am sitting outside the venue yonks before anyone else turns up, I'm going to try and turn up at the right time like an adult for a change. One good thing about this God forsaken hotel is that I'm a mere step away from a Costa for breakfast coffee and an M&S for cake, granted, it might be Peppa Pig or some kind of caterpillar, but cake nonetheless, oh but they do those big tubs of chocolate things don't they? Obviously, being diabetic, I'll actually be bringing some cottage cheese and Ryvita and, if you are all very good, some cucumber!

• Like 3