Why become a member? Γ—

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 πŸ‘

Richard R

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

I'd like to see a Kramer, so if you're able to bring it that would be great. There will be plenty of amps to try it in.

Β 

41 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Β 

Likewise, always wanted to try a Kramer.

Cool, then put me down for that 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, floFC said:

I am coming from Grantham. It’s good, I can take the train and then a bus from Nottingham station.

I'm driving from Bourne, so will be driving through Grantham on my way up to the A52. Genuinely more than happy to give you a lift.Β 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, floFC said:

@Frank BlankΒ I will be using public transport, hence can’t bring very much. I have a couple of semi interesting basses that people may be curious about and tempted to have a play on. So besides curiosity, I could bring a Kramer 450B (alu neck) if it can be plugged into someone else’s rig.

I'll be bringing two rigs - a combo and a head + cab - so you're welcome to plug into mine.

Edited by petecarlton
  • Like 1

Due to a glitch in the Matrix...

Β 

...or possibly having got over a petulant toy-slinging tantrum...

Β 

...it appears I shall be attending after all. So I'll bring the lanyards with me and here's the list I ruined earlier...

Β 

@Richard R:Β BrawleyΒ 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weigh basses with, cake

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines: Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6 Grace Design Alix, QSC K12.2, embarrassment

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Darren: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass.Β AshdownΒ ampΒ if there's space in the car.

@floFC:Β curiosity

@Oldman: contemplatingΒ bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head.

@SimBass:Β Sandberg CaliforniaΒ II TM 5, Eminence Small bodied double bass, EBS Stanley Clarke Preamp pedal,Β GRBass One 800, Barefaced Super Compact, Barefaced One10

@Owen:Β 6 stringΒ 36" scale Overwater poss for sale. Shuker Uberhorn 5, Shuker/Firecreek hybridΒ 5, USA J 5 reliced and MTD Kingston 5. QSC 10", WarwickΒ Hellborg pre, Fender TRB 1 pre and Sadowsky pre. Future Impact.Β 

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Haha 3

I am hoping to come over. Prob bring 6 string 36" scale Overwater which could well be for sale. Shuker Uberhorn 5, Shuker/Firecreek hybrid 5, USA J 5 reliced and MTD Kingston 5. QSC 10", Warwick Hellborg pre, Fender TRB 1 pre and Sadowsky pre. Future Impact.Β 

• Like 3

Updated...

Β 

@Richard R:Β BrawleyΒ 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weigh basses with, cake

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines: Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6 Grace Design Alix, QSC K12.2, embarrassment

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Darren: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass.Β AshdownΒ ampΒ if there's space in the car.

@floFC:Β curiosity

@Oldman: contemplatingΒ bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head.

@SimBass:Β Sandberg CaliforniaΒ II TM 5, Eminence Small bodied double bass, EBS Stanley Clarke Preamp pedal,Β GRBass One 800, Barefaced Super Compact, Barefaced One10

@Owen:Β 6 stringΒ 36" scale Overwater poss for sale. Shuker Uberhorn 5, Shuker/Firecreek hybridΒ 5, USA J 5 reliced and MTD Kingston 5. QSC 10", WarwickΒ Hellborg pre, Fender TRB 1 pre and Sadowsky pre. Future Impact.

@Stealth:Β BarefacedΒ One Ten andΒ Two Ten S,Β Blackstar Unity 700,Β Sire V7,Β PedalsΒ and whatever 5 string I buy tomorrow!

@GremlinAndy: Something interesting.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Haha 1

Is it β€˜tickets in advance’ or pay on the door? Β  (I had a quick scan but didn’t see the cost and payment method)

I’ll see if I can come through. Β I’m very close to getting the keys for my new house, so that may be my priority …if it happens to coincide.

3 hours ago, GremlinAndy said:

Is it β€˜tickets in advance’ or pay on the door? Β  (I had a quick scan but didn’t see the cost and payment method)

I’ll see if I can come through. Β I’m very close to getting the keys for my new house, so that may be my priority …if it happens to coincide.

Pay on the door, Β£10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, petecarlton said:

The Music Inn in Nottingham have agreed to donate something for the raffle - not sure what yet, but they're lovely people whatever:

Β 

https://www.themusicinn.co.uk/

Β 

Β 

Β 

They have a fantastic-looking Burns Barracuda on their site!Β  Β https://www.themusicinn.co.uk/guitars/electric-guitars/burns-barracuda-pre-owned

• Like 1

Updated...

Β 

@Richard R: Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weigh basses with, cake, Westfield "Small Body" bass *FOR SALE*

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Darren: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass. Ashdown amp if there's space in the car.

@floFC: curiosity, Kramer Aluminium Neck

@Oldman: contemplating bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head.

@SimBass: Sandberg California II TM 5, Eminence Small bodied double bass, EBS Stanley Clarke Preamp pedal, GRBass One 800, Barefaced Super Compact, Barefaced One10

@Owen: 6 string 36" scale Overwater poss for sale. Shuker Uberhorn 5, Shuker/Firecreek hybrid 5, USA J 5 reliced and MTD Kingston 5. QSC 10", Warwick Hellborg pre, Fender TRB 1 pre and Sadowsky pre. Future Impact.

@Stealth: Barefaced One Ten and Two Ten S, Blackstar Unity 700, Sire V7, Pedals and whatever 5 string I buy tomorrow!

@GremlinAndy: Something interesting.

Β 

My son has asked me to sell his Westfield Small Body bass, so that's now in the marketplace and I'll bring that along. I have a few other things in the Accessories section, including an LR-16 live recorder, so check them out and if anyone is interested in anything I can bring it along as well.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2