Why become a member? ×

Just curious!?

nilorius

8 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Many fretless players close their eyes whilst playing; rare are those that need to see what their left hand is doing. It's all in the ears. I might agree that one needs to hear the sound of the bass, but I don't see (hear..?) that as much of a difference between fretted and fretless.
Disclaimer : Our Youngest plays my 6-string fretless in our pop/rock group, and one wouldn't know it's fretless; it's never been remarked upon. To me, it's a non-issue (but I'm a drummer, so...).

Don’t you have lines on your sticks do you can do rimshots exactly ? With precision if you will 

2 hours ago, Eric.C.Lapton said:

I seem to recall @niloriusyou were kicked off another forum for trolling and rudeness, maybe it’s a language barrier thing. 
There are some extremely talented and experienced people on here that you’ve asked for advice. 
Don’t then ignore it and start insulting them when you don’t get the reaction you wanted. 
Everyone here has probably had rejections or disappointments over the years it’s part of the process you need to go through to improve and learn. 

I think @niloriusdoes very well given that he’s doing this in his second language. It’s really hard not to accidentally offend a foreign culture 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

I think @niloriusdoes very well given that he’s doing this in his second language. It’s really hard not to accidentally offend a foreign culture 

Perhaps, perhaps not. I see he's lurking and adding likes to any sympathetic post (Hi Nilorius). Regardless of how well or otherwise one speaks a language, bragging and throwing insults around is not really cricket.

Well guys, what ever You think and feel, in those new band rehearsls, i did with my fretless the best i could. Seems like other guys just didn't hear it as a good groove for the band and next time i will learn the better way to show me on fretted j bass.I think it would work fine. Thanks to every opinion.

3 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

Perhaps, perhaps not. I see he's lurking and adding likes to any sympathetic post (Hi Nilorius). Regardless of how well or otherwise one speaks a language, bragging and throwing insults around is not really cricket.

Is the use of particularly British idioms cricket in this situation though?

2 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I’m sure if we explain it, typing loudly, in English, whilst making bizarre hand movements, any of our foreign readers will eventually realise what we mean 

@nilorius satirising us btw 

3 minutes ago, neepheid said:

This is not Vietnam! There are rules!!

Do you think I watched all my friends die face down in the muck so that this guy can do a bad audition on a fretless and brag about it all over town?

• Like 1

I used to play exclusively fretless. During this period I got recommended for a band, at the first rehearsal as soon as I started playing the band leader called a halt, went out to his car and came back with a fretted bass and said 'play this'!

Fretless bass has a different note attack than a fretted and for some people/genres/tastes, it's just not what they want. So yeah, for some bands it just might not be what they want.