Why become a member? ×

Dealing with a drummer

fleabag

9 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

it was an open mike thing and the dude having a go at the drummer was another drummer who wanted to play.

Yeah I was reading that too and the Leo Sayer lookalike guy who started the fight was well within his rights to be cheesed off if he had set up the drums and never got to play.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

There was another pair of specs on the floor, at that very spot, that were offered, but they weren't his, apparently. What are the odds, eh..? :lol:

They were on the face of the previous bass guitarist, knocked unconscious and left on the floor during an earlier set. 

• Haha 2

On 13/02/2022 at 16:53, Bassfinger said:

It brings to mind...

Ah, the days before delayed broadcasts.

Speaking of live trainwrecks, does anyone remember that Brit Awards gig in the mid '80s when it went Pete Tong due to Autocue and stage-management failure? I watched that through the gaps in my fingers plastered to my face! I think Mick Fleetwood introduced The Four Tops coming in from stage right and, instead, Boy George walked on from stage right. Willing to be corrected. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NikNik said:

Ah, the days before delayed broadcasts.

Speaking of live trainwrecks, does anyone remember that Brit Awards gig in the mid '80s when it went Pete Tong due to Autocue and stage-management failure? I watched that through the gaps in my fingers plastered to my face! I think Mick Fleetwood introduced The Four Tops coming in from stage right and, instead, Boy George walked on from stage right. Willing to be corrected. 

I remember that. Wasn't it Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox that made a right dogs dinner of it?

Yes it was both Fox and Fleety. And yes they made a right spaniels supper of the speeches but not really their fault, due to the autucue fault mentioned.

Maybe learning the quite easy lines would have been a fail safe. It wasnt exactly the gettysburg address

• Like 1