Why become a member? ×

Bass Bros

Supernaut

1 hour ago, Ian McFly said:

In this day and age, if you want your small business to take off and be sustainable, you’ve got to be on top of your communication. 

I used WhatsApp to contact them a couple of weeks ago, no answer. I know it was the end of year holidays but it’s now 8th January. 

same with an email I sent weeks ago. 

I’ll look elsewhere. 

I’ve bought a 70’s Yamaha pulser bass from him around October. Experience was great. 

I know some people start in the 9th (tomorrow). 

why not give him a ring? You could then leave a voicemail if you don’t get through. 

I have learned to become comfortable with getting on the phone to people I don't know when I need to get stuff done.  Believe me, it used to bring me out in a cold sweat. 

The benefit to overcoming that fear is that it's hard for people to ignore you (or forget to reply) when you're talking to them live.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ian McFly said:

In this day and age, if you want your small business to take off and be sustainable, you’ve got to be on top of your communication. 

Also FWIW it seems he's doing really well, so I don't think it's a regular thing.

16 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I messaged him the other day and he replied back in 15 minutes, I think he was in over Christmas 

Same here; I didn’t end up purchasing the bass but he was responsive to my emails and I would have no hesitation contacting him if I saw another bass of interest.

• Like 1

The Bass Bros website was down for 24-48 hours over the weekend. This would have disrupted emails and could explain why they’ve been missed or ignored. 

If it was an intermittent issue then it could have been affecting their emails for a while.

Ive had contact form issues before and there’s no way to test for it in some cases.

Edited by Burns-bass

10 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Yeah, I guess that works both ways whether you’re a buyer or a seller. I just accept that sometimes you have to give someone a gentle nudge. None of us are robots.

….or if you remember Not The Nine’o’Clock News, ‘Roberts’ 🤣😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian McFly said:

why is that

Not a commission sale, but I did sell a bass to Bass Bros before Xmas. There were some positives to the experience, but the episode left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth

23 hours ago, sammybee said:

Not a commission sale, but I did sell a bass to Bass Bros before Xmas. There were some positives to the experience, but the episode left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth

Why?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

I sent 8 basses and an amp to Will for commission sales and he has sold 7 of the 9 within 6-7 weeks.  Good comms and prompt payment to my bank, so I have no complaints!  

I hope both of you can count better than that... :ph34r:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1