Why become a member? ×

Where is your gear made?

chris_b

I never considered it before, but I do believe that all of my gear is made in the USA. 

EBMM Classic Stingray

G&L LB-100

Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout 12”

GK MB Fusion 500

Strobo Stomp tuner

Demeter compressor 

Demeter tube DI

Barber Linden

Levy’s Leather strap

I think even my cord is American

I’m gonna go out and buy a Harley…

Damn, my Ampeg SCR DI is manufactured in China… gotta get rid of it… Lol

Edited by Yango

My main basses are Canadian (F Bass), American (Roscoe, Tobias), England (Shuker), and German (Warwick). 3 out of my 5 Fenders are Japanese, the other 2 are Mexican. My Clifton EUB is English.

All my amps are Ashdown so UK and China made, and my main cabs are US made (Bergantino, Schroeder).

Pedal wise, they are from all over the place.

Generally, I'm not fussed about where my gear is made as long as it's good quality.

As a general rule, I like to by UK made wherever possible, however none of my current basses are. 

I've got a barefaced cab, Ashdown amp (I think it's UK) and a couple of bass effects (DHA and Origin effects)

Guitar wise, I've got an Atkin acoustic, A Hiwatt DR103, two self-built 2x12 cabs and a shed-load of Pete Cornish pedals.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2021 at 13:15, BigRedX said:

Some of my instruments have hardware from Schaller, Hipshot, and Gotoh, but are these actually made in Germany, USA and Japan?

Gotoh are still made in Japan , Schaller are still made in Germany. Some of Hipshot's products are made in the USA , KickAss and TransTone bridges are made in Korea.

I've basses from China, France, Korea, Indonesia, UK, USA and Vietnam. Amps from Germany ,UK and USA. Cabs from UK.

Basses - four German (three Warwicks and an Esh), three UK (Sei), the others are from assorted Far Eastern countries - Vietnam, China, Korea, probably Indonesia. One of the Vietnamese basses was my main bass for some years until I got the first Sei. Country of origin doesn't feature in my consideration of what to play.

Amplification - Germany, Italy, China.

Cabs - UK.

Pedals - probably all Chinese.

My basses are UK (ACG) and USA (Bee Bass & Conklin) made. 

The amp is German (Kemper) and cab is Italian (GR Bass).

Though I have owned many an Indonesian made bass/amp/cab and they are all very good quality. 

I'd personally advise to buy whatever gear you prefer and don't let country of origin bother you too much.