Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2022 - Sunday 9th October

scrumpymike

2 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

I'll also be bringing a semi-bruised ego having been presented with my band P45 but £250  recording contribution Cash-back on Tuesday......

I prescribe ten days of national mourning. But then I never have an original thought 😁

25 minutes ago, Mickeyboro said:

I prescribe ten days of national mourning. But then I never have an original thought 😁

But that will mean the Bash be cancelled yet again....! If not, will  also mean  more stewards  need to be engaged for all crowds and overflow parking needed. Catering numbers will need to be revised and  more Raffle Prizes required. If only I knew an author who could donate a box of books....?

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Haha 2

I  have offered one of my 6M bespoke cables as a raffle prize but if anyone needs a new cable, let me know on here by Wednesday and I will make one to your spec.

I have Sommer Tricone 2 Cable in black  ( my favourite), Sommer Tricone XXL in black,  and the pretend old braided cable SC Classique see below ( the real cable is not quite as colourful as the picture but it is nice)

.  i can offer:

• Neutrik straight or right angled jack plugs.
  • Neutrik Rean pancake slimline plugs for patch cables.

I also have a selection of Sommer Hicon jacks, including some silent jacks and some solderless jacks for the XXL.

I have some  Klotz STARQuad cable  for really high quality installed balanced cables and standard mic cable and XLP connectors. I don't recommend the Klotz STARQuad for stage use as it is not very flexible. Great for studios though.

a_1599_otsi1@2x.thumb.jpg.bb1c66ccc8418d95fdc3be5c9a0c366f.jpg

• Like 4

Hi guys,

The basses I will be bringing are my NS Radius CR5, Spector Spectorcore 5 and defretted Line 6 Variax 705.

Amps are Genz Benz Streamliner 600 with GB Focus 112 cab, and a battery powered Pignose 30 which sports an 8” driver. 

Edited by GrahamT
  • Like 3

Sorry late to the party. Only just picked up on this and hoping to be free next Sunday, is it too late to sign up. I can bring a few basses and a couple of amps along and I'll see what I can rustle up for the raffle. Cheers steve

3 hours ago, GrahamT said:

Hi guys,

The basses I will be bringing are my NS Radius CR5, Spector Spectorcore 5 and defretted Line 6 Variax 705.

Amps are Genz Benz Streamliner 600 with GB Focus 112 cab, and a battery powered Pignose 30 which sports an 8” driver. 

Hi G

Be nice to renew my acquaintance with a Variax 5, had one many years ago but not defretted obvs.!

1 hour ago, sbrag said:

Sorry late to the party. Only just picked up on this and hoping to be free next Sunday, is it too late to sign up. I can bring a few basses and a couple of amps along and I'll see what I can rustle up for the raffle. Cheers steve

I'm not the orgainser but am sure it will be fine: there's always drop-outs on the day too.

• Like 1

Mrs Wrinkley is on the road to recovery and I’ve organised a sitter, so I will be there 

for at least part of the day, certainly until early afternoon, hopefully that leaves enough time for the Scrumpets to ensure adequate stocks of crumble are on hand.

I may not have enough time to pick up a cab beforehand, mine is over at a friends, so if anyone has a spare I could use on the day , I would be grateful, I’m also on the lookout for a compact 1x10, should anyone have something for sale, can’t afford “Barefaced” prices tho’, needs to be cheap and cheerful.

Will PM Frank with a list.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sbrag said:

You don't have to sign up, just turn up if you can make it. Let me know what basses/amps and I'll put you on the gear list.

1 hour ago, wrinkleygit said:

Mrs Wrinkley is on the road to recovery and I’ve organised a sitter, so I will be there 

for at least part of the day, certainly until early afternoon, hopefully that leaves enough time for the Scrumpets to ensure adequate stocks of crumble are on hand.

Great news on all counts :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sbrag said:

Never too late (except maybe after 4pm on Sunday October 9th). If you can pay in advance as many others have, it will help as we have already settled hall hire have to buy food this week. Just pm me and I'll send you details.

• Like 1