Why become a member? ×

Are Cog Effects still a going concern?

BillyBass

Does anyone know whether Cog Effects are still making pedals?  Their Twitter and Facebook accounts don't appear to be updated and they don't appear to have any pedals for sale.  I messaged them via the website but have not heard back.

I've been wondering the same thing! I'm a big fan if Tom's work and I've had a few of his pedals (my T70 is the core of my pedalboard) but yes,His site and Facebook have gone very quiet (unlike his political musings 😂)

At least two years ago,he was hinting on his Facebook about new pedals and designs,but nothing's come of it. He's a family man,and maybe he's slowing things down, to spend time with his family? Maybe he'll make a big comeback. I hope so as I find his pedals to be more original and interesting than a lot of so called "Boutique" pedal builders flooding the market.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Merton said:

I emailed Tom earlier in the year, he's not doing any custom builds at the moment - I wonder if that's stretched to all builds for now for the reasons above?

I'd say so! The only thing he has in stock,Is the Grand Tarkin.

• 3 months later...
On 15/07/2020 at 17:18, BillyBass said:

Thanks for replying all of you.  All I want is just one teeny weeny T-47 but maybe I'll try something else.

Digging up an old thread here but I was doing a bit of searching for myself, I emailed him about this time last year and he got back to me saying he was planning more stock in the new year but I didn't hear anything more. 

There's currently a T-70 for sale on the forum if you're still looking for something.

I'm after a Grand Tarkin, just messaged through the website there to see if I have any joy.

• Like 1

I spoke to Tom yesterday, all is fine and well, just that life in lockdown very much got in the way (difficult with a one-person company).

He’s currently working on starting up again soon though, so watch this space!

Si

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

I spoke to Tom yesterday, all is fine and well, just that life in lockdown very much got in the way (difficult with a one-person company).

Si

Brilliant news SI 😁

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 26/10/2020 at 08:01, Sibob said:

Si

Si, just wondered if there was any news on Cog? .... Kinda interested in the partnership/dynamic with barefaced as well in terms of future direction product line if Tom does turn his hand back to production and any new market offering from his shop. ✌️

• Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 08:01, Sibob said:

Si

I'm still watching for you selling your Star Wars Grand Tarkin 😉😁

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure I'm afraid, I don't want to continue asking him about it tbh, when he's ready, he's ready I think.
I still see him posting frequently on his personal Facebook, so I imagine all is as well as it can be.

Cheers
Si

• Like 1