Why become a member? ×

Are Cog Effects still a going concern?

BillyBass

The T-16s from Tuesday’s release have already started arriving! Happy days! It’s even better than I remembered. It tracks extremely well, it’s super subby and the new finish looks great!

D58AE7F5-777A-4F3F-9F8A-5F7D8A452A50.thumb.jpeg.029514a3354c900923b197faf91e4c11.jpeg

Tom makes some of (many of, to be honest) my favourite pedals. I’m glad he’s doing okay and I’m glad he’s building again. Long may both of those things continue!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, admiralchew said:

The T-16s from Tuesday’s release have already started arriving! Happy days! It’s even better than I remembered. It tracks extremely well, it’s super subby and the new finish looks great!

D58AE7F5-777A-4F3F-9F8A-5F7D8A452A50.thumb.jpeg.029514a3354c900923b197faf91e4c11.jpeg

Tom makes some of (many of, to be honest) my favourite pedals. I’m glad he’s doing okay and I’m glad he’s building again. Long may both of those things continue!

Nice, I’ve been after one for a long time, I’ll keep my eye on the site 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admiralchew said:

I’m thrilled for you. My very first octave was a v1 T-16. 

Can’t wait to get a small T-47. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m thrilled for you. My very first octave was a v1 T-16. 

Can’t wait to get a small T-47. 

Thanks!

Starting with a T-16?! Bold! Judging by some of the other threads I’ve seen your pedals since then have been equally good.

It tracks incredibly well. No glitches down to G#/Ab and is extremely subby.

Plus I had a T-16 toy as a kid so happy days! Thanks, Tom!

47 minutes ago, itu said:

What's the change between v1 and v2 on the T-16? Anyone has any hint?

These new ones will be based on the v2 which solved the low output volume “problem” on the octave signal (an inherent flaw of the OC-2).

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, itu said:

Yes, sorry my limited expression. How is it solved in the PCBA? Some extra components, maybe?

On the OC-2 it was achieved by desoldering the connection to the -2 octave signal. I suspect it may have been done on the Cog by using a lower value resistor. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up @Quatschmacher! I appreciate it. Happily, another BCer was kind enough to sell a Knightfall 66 to me, but someone will be getting an excellent pedal at a good price if they go for it.

I’m still in the lookout for a T-70 and R-1 though! Hopefully Tom will produce some more at some point.

@Sibob that is a thing of beauty!

• Like 3

My tracking history didn’t update since Monday, it’s still accepted at the post office.

Let’s see how/if it makes it to the continent. It’s just my second pedal purchase this year and hopefully it will come before the weekend. It’s my first time dealing with Royal Mail so I don’t know what to expect.

Edited by Pamparius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...