Why become a member? ×

Non Beatles Fans look away now

PaulWarning

I've just been loading the entire Beatles catalogue onto my phone, trouble is I was running out of space so I deleted the songs I don't like, got me thinking, seeing as we're stuck at home maybe fellow basschaters would like to say whether they agree or not.

These are the ones I deleted.

Till There Was You

Yesterday

Eleanor Rigby

Yellow Submarine

Within You Without You

When I'm 64

Wild Honey Pie

Martha My Dear

Piggies

Rocky Raccoon

Why Don't We Do It In The Road

I Will

Julie

Mother Nature's Son

Honey Pie

Revolution 9

Maxwell's Silver Hammer

The Fool On The Hill

Flying

Blue Jay Way

Your Mother Should know

All You Need Is Love

You may have noticed a lot off the White Album, I'm with George Martin on this one, it would have made a great single album, not a fan of Macca's tweeness either, I also cut Hey Jude down to 3.45, that ending is way too long

Edited by PaulWarning
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

It’s not clear what you’ve asked. Are you saying these are the ones you’ve cut?

yes, because I don't like them, now it's been pointed out to me I should have been clearer

Edited by PaulWarning

2 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I would have kept Eleanor Rigby, Yellow Submarine and Yesterday for sure. Probably a few of the others too.

It’s your list though.

that's fair enough, I'm not suggesting  everybody should agree with me, just interested in other people's opinions on Beatle songs

Just now, mikel said:

As pointed out its your list So no such thing as a bad choice. But cut Eleanor Rigby? Seriously?

yeah, I like the rocky stuff mainly and I don't think any of the others play on it, could be wrong,  some I've just got fed up with hearing them, that's one of them

• Like 1

If I downloaded all the Beatles back catalogue, then systematically deleted the tracks I didn't like

a/ it would take me an awfully long time and

b/ I would have exactly the same amount of free space on my phone as before I started

Not much help but you have asked for opinions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Of the 268 files in my 'Beatles Remastered' folder, I had already made a personal 'Yes, I'll listen to those' folder, which contains exactly 61 titles. The others I don't really care for, or should really delete. There's at least a couple from most albums, but nothing from Abbey Road, for example.
Even from my 'Favourites' list, I wouldn't want them played in a repeated loop. A quick play of one or two, now and again in the course of a year, suffices largely for me. I consider myself to be a fan, generally, but not fanatically so. S'not all good to my ears. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paul S said:

If I downloaded all the Beatles back catalogue, then systematically deleted the tracks I didn't like

a/ it would take me an awfully long time and

b/ I would have exactly the same amount of free space on my phone as before I started

Not much help but you have asked for opinions.

well I did advise you to look away now 😀

21 minutes ago, scalpy said:

Fool on the hill stays for me. All of rubber soul and revolver too.

yes I'm with you on Rubber Soul and Revolver is probably my favourite album apart from the single released from it, but as I've said it's probably because I've got fed up with hearing them for that reason

And Your Bird Can Sing is my favourite Beatles track

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

I would also live without Yellow Submarine, When I'm 64, Piggies and Rocky Racoon. Eleanor Rigsby always been a favourite of mine though. 

Yes, I’m basically with you on this, I’d loose oh bla di and yellow submarine but Elenor Rigby is great

• Like 1