Bafflegab

Headphone amps

23 minutes ago, Bafflegab said:

The Ashdown site used to say 8 hours then the reviews were saying that’s inaccurate, so maybe they changed it

Seems like the most likely explanation...bit of a shame really, as it pretty close in price to the pjb BH-1 which supposedly can manage 8 hours playback! 

11 hours ago, chrisgriff said:

Seems like the most likely explanation...bit of a shame really, as it pretty close in price to the pjb BH-1 which supposedly can manage 8 hours playback! 

I’ve only ever got around 5 hours from my Bighead. 

On 08/02/2020 at 18:37, Bafflegab said:

Well.  I’ve gone and ended up with one of these.  Great fun, sounds better than I expected.  And found a thread on another forum with some patch ideas, as the preinstalled ones are decent but I won’t use most, and I’d rather replace them with stuff I will use.  Thanks!

Hope you've managed to get it all set up with your computer without any glitches. It's actually been a while since I've used it as a headphone amp, but needed to last night and it really is very convenient! Got it set up here connected to the free ToneLib software for patch editing / aux in for connecting up to Spotify etc.:

Zoom B1X4-III.jpg

I've just ordered an Ashdown Tone Pocket, I give a review next week when it arrives. I'll be using Phil Jones headphones with it.  Looking forward to hearing the Rick and T-bird through them.

Line6 Sonic Port and AmpliTube free if you have an iPhone.

Wont need the auxiliary in then, will read straight from iTunes library including slowing tracks down.

On 16/02/2020 at 20:32, Bassman Sam said:

I've just ordered an Ashdown Tone Pocket, I give a review next week when it arrives. I'll be using Phil Jones headphones with it.  Looking forward to hearing the Rick and T-bird through them.

Did you ever do a review? I got an email from Ashdown today for these with 10% off.  I love the Ashdown sound so this is a possibility for me. I used to use a Tascam BT MP1 which was excellent in it's day, but only 1GB of storage and poor battery life as well as limited tone controls. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Muppet said:

Did you ever do a review? I got an email from Ashdown today for these with 10% off.  I love the Ashdown sound so this is a possibility for me. I used to use a Tascam BT MP1 which was excellent in it's day, but only 1GB of storage and poor battery life as well as limited tone controls. 

I never got around to doing a review but I can say that I like it. It's a solid piece of kit, good volume, good tone control and light. I can give it a thumps up.

• Thanks 1

How about the Tascam GB10, - small, compact and you can load it with music to play along to. Powered by batteries our usb supply. Built in effects and tuner (if I remember correctly).