Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

Not belittling the guitar thing as many of us play that also, 

Traitor 

(damn - just found a Telecaster in a cupboard that I’d forgotten about so I’ll have to include myself in that statement!)

Edited by Jabba_the_gut
  • Haha 2

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?

Edited by petecarlton
Duplication

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

You forgot about a cupboard: large house.

Yes, it was in the east wing which I only use in the summer months..... honest. 

It’s only a cheap copy that I was given a couple of years ago that has been at the back of a cupboard behind other stuff since we moved. If I’d remembered about it then I would have used it as a template for the short scale Tele bass I’m making rather than have hunted round the web for a plan!!! Doh!

Should have the Telebass ready for this bash.

Edited by Jabba_the_gut
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Machines said:

7, and not bothered with guitars yet.

Fair enough.

I wonder if there is a recognised age at which kids do switch on.  I mean other than wanting to live the lifestyle (as they perceive it from the media).

I was wanting to play guitars from about the age of eleven or so.  It was purely because I saw and heard them on TOTP and thought I'd love to do that.  Of course I wasn't really interested in doing the work... I just wanted a guitar as an ornament really.  I only got properly interested after I was pushed into playing bass for some friends.

I'm interested because I had had musical tuition at primary some years earlier (recorder and the "promise" of violin later).  That stopped when we left England.  That experience and the later desire to become a guitarist never sort of met in the middle with me.  Schools back then tended to feed the notion that if a piece of music wasn't Classical, it wasn't really music.

I hated the tuition.  I still have a problem with teachers in general.  I get the impression that I am far from unique in this.

Of course in these enlightened times ALL music is classified and therefore Classical.  Well that's how I see it anyway.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 1