Why become a member? ×

Headless Bacchus

AndyTravis

Yep they're great - I had a headed version and it was superb. Can't really remember why I sold it, think it was because I needed a car at the time... but I ordered it directly from Bacchus who sourced me one from one of their shops in Japan. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ped said:

Yep they're great - I had a headed version and it was superb. Can't really remember why I sold it, think it was because I needed a car at the time... but I ordered it directly from Bacchus who sourced me one from one of their shops in Japan. 

Was that the flame topped 5 string? Didn't you add a villex preamp or something to that one?

21 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Was that the flame topped 5 string? Didn't you add a villex preamp or something to that one?

That was a Bacchus too but a jazz bass type. Yeah it had a Villex booster and a Bassmute on the bridge.

The model above is a headless version of their 'TwentyFour' shape. Mine was gloss black with wood covered pickups, rosewood fretboard, five string.

15 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

...the fretted looks a bit like it’s got mumps.

Maybe with some explanations about the process behind the making will let you see that it's not got mumps (and I'm not sure mumps really look like this on humans 🤣 ) :

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fleduc.fr%2Findex.php%2Fseries-l%2Fbasses-de-la-serie-l%2F289-l-02-la-maurad-5-de-maurad-azzougui&edit-text=&act=url

It's an automatic translation, but it's accurate enough to understand.

On 24/10/2018 at 13:34, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I like headless when the bass is also 'bodyless' - like Steinbergers.

When attached to a body as in the examples above, a headless neck just looks incomplete IMHO. Not horrible or wrong, just not quite all there.

I'm the other way round... No, I don't mean left handed, I mean I like a headless bass with a body. I had a Hohner B2A for a while and would probably still have it if it had been "bodied" rather than bodyless... And the string spacing issue