Why become a member? ×

Big price drops on all TC Electronic gear

CameronJ

I’ve been browsing online today, specifically looking at the Spectradrive Bass Preamp pedal and noticed that the price suddenly dropped from £199 to about £137 across multiple retailers.

I was a little concerned TC may have been discontinuing the pedal, so I gave Andertons a call and the guy I spoke to said it was likely a result of Andertons being price matched against another retailer...so I gave GuitarGuitar a ring and the guy on the other end of the line said they’ve switched from their old supplier and are now going direct through TC - thus lower prices across the board. Hilariously, the Polytune clip is now cheaper than the Unitune clip.

Looking at both the Anderton’s and GuitarGuitar websites it looks like every TC pedal has had a healthy price drop, as well as the amp heads and combos. TC Helicon gear has gone down as well. Good times! This will obviously wreak havoc with used values but overall I think it’s a very good thing.

Edited by CameronJ
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

I’ve been browsing online today, specifically looking at the Spectradrive Bass Preamp pedal and noticed that the price suddenly dropped from £199 to about £137 across multiple retailers.

I was a little concerned TC May have been discontinuing the pedal so I gave Andertons a call and the guy I spoke to said it was likely a result of Andertons being price matched against another retailer...so I gave GuitarGuitar a ring and the guy on the other end of the line said they’ve switched from their old supplier and are now going direct through TC - thus lower prices across the board. Hilariously, the Polytune clip is now cheaper than the Unitune clip.

Looking at both the Anderton’s and GuitarGuitar websites it looks like every TC pedal has had a healthy price drop, as well as the amp heads and combos. TC Helicon gear has gone down as well. Good times! This will obviously wreak havoc with used values but overall I think it’s a very good thing.

24 minutes ago, Skybone said:

The PolyTune works for bass, but the UniTune's better.

Aren't TC owned by Gibson, or have they moved on from them?

I don't think TC were ever owned by Gibson, but they are now owned by Music Group who also own Tannoy and Behringer, Midas and Lab Gruppen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

Just had a Unitune arrive, hopefully it won't break the way my last 2 cheapy headstock tuners have...... Cost less than £30.00

The Poly/Unitune clips are much sturdier than most other clip-on tuners I’ve seen, presumably down to the one-way hinge which can’t be rotated in all directions like most other clip ons. Who really needs 360 degrees of rotation anyway??

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Yes, you are right, I had not investigated the pivot aspect of it yet...but sticking on that last knob would make tone adjustments awkward?

Sticking it on the knob was purely for my own amusement but it would work fine in practice as the knobs on that bass are volume/blend/treble/bass, with active-passive push-pull on the volume knob. Basically my EQ is set & forget with treble & bass very slightly boosted. I use the pickup blend and active-passive switching to get my tonal palette, so in theory keeping the tuner on the bass EQ knob wouldn’t be a problem.

I could happily gig it there. It’s just as accurate (if not more so) in that position!

40 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Sticking it on the knob was purely for my own amusement but it would work fine in practice as the knobs on that bass are volume/blend/treble/bass, with active-passive push-pull on the volume knob. Basically my EQ is set & forget with treble & bass very slightly boosted. I use the pickup blend and active-passive switching to get my tonal palette, so in theory keeping the tuner on the bass EQ knob wouldn’t be a problem.

I could happily gig it there. It’s just as accurate (if not more so) in that position!

I actually thought it was placed there for comedic effect...but my OCD would definitely struggle with it there🙄.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up/down, otherwise I would have maybe stumbled across it eventually. Both my cheapy plastic tuners have broken on the pivot so with there not being one I did not fully extend it in 3D.

The price drops on some of the pedals are pretty amazing. The rebadged Behringer stuff is now  <30 quid! £65 for a Spectracomp? The MK2 Flashback and HoF are both only £90... Pity I'm so skint at the moment because these are pretty serious bargains. Not far off s/h prices in many cases. Unfortunately the Polytune Clip has been a fail for me. I just cannot get it to remain stable in my real world situation - there are no gaps in our set and I need to retune during a drum intro and have it right before that first guitar chord. Back to the ole Boss for me.

1 hour ago, radiophonic said:

The price drops on some of the pedals are pretty amazing. The rebadged Behringer stuff is now  <30 quid! £65 for a Spectracomp? The MK2 Flashback and HoF are both only £90... Pity I'm so skint at the moment because these are pretty serious bargains. Not far off s/h prices in many cases. Unfortunately the Polytune Clip has been a fail for me. I just cannot get it to remain stable in my real world situation - there are no gaps in our set and I need to retune during a drum intro and have it right before that first guitar chord. Back to the ole Boss for me.

That`s always been the problem I`ve found re clip-on tuners, in a live environment they just don`t cut it - very annoying as for flying gigs cutting down on pedals/leads would be ideal.