Why become a member? ×

Revelation RPB 65? Anyone heard of or got one?

Daveox

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE!!!

I met up with a fellow Bcer recently who was looking for a case for his. He was very happy with the bass, however they do NOT fit in a generic hard case. They are approx 10mm too long (basically that radiused bit on the headstock) - he'd tried a few - including an SKB molded case - still a no go. It does fit in the teardrop shaped SKB but there's a lot of movement.

Bear this in mind if you order one without their case.

Freestyle hardcase will fit

A weird shaped bass like my '83 Overwater is an awkward shape to find a case for, but Wunjo sorted it.  The Over is a loooooooong bass and it never fitted

in either of my other cases.

If it fits a vintage Overwater, it'll fit a Revvy

https://www.andertons.co.uk/freestyle-hardshell-wood-case-for-electric-guitars-fcgw-elec?LGWCODE=FCGWELEC;56375;6335&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz93cBRCrARIsAEFbWsjv4XYqhNGtBgnnyIn-h_4CiazMFSsVYfN1P3e-7XuoZHsP67Im9ogaAvnQEALw_wcB

Edited by fleabag

5 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Is this a 'Sue Ryder bass' for our times? How many people here remember the brief but entertaining Sue Ryder feeding frenzy?

I do, I had one. A fair stab at a P Bass, I thought. Did me proud when I was 'between basses'.

Don't think these Revelations are equivalent, though. Maybe one or two of the Harley Bentons would make a better match.

11 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

The deed is done. Double PBXN jazz bass in sunburst/tort is on the way 🙂

Fateful excuse " I'll sell a couple to make room" along with "need to use those nectar points" was all it took.

ETA sometime Thursday 👍

If you post a positive review I can imagine the people at Revelation being somewhat puzzled by a sudden spike in sales.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the RBJ67.....went in earlier today it was hung on the wall....played it acoustically and it just ticked all the boxes, I personally like to play them unplugged and if they sing which this did....lovely block inlay/bound neck and cream body with a pale lime green pick guard very striking....just need a band now....oh and plenty of practice lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, thebigyin said:

Just bought the RBJ67.....went in earlier today it was hung on the wall....played it acoustically and it just ticked all the boxes, I personally like to play them unplugged and if they sing which this did....lovely block inlay/bound neck and cream body with a pale lime green pick guard very striking....just need a band now....oh and plenty of practice lol.

Aggh! GAS! Please, please post some pics, it sounds amazing. :)

35 minutes ago, thebigyin said:

Was that the one in Gallaghers? Looked nice in the Fbk post yesterday. Do you mind me asking the price for one of those.

Regards, Paddy.

On 11/09/2018 at 16:16, Happy Jack said:

Is this a 'Sue Ryder bass' for our times?

How many people here remember the brief but entertaining Sue Ryder feeding frenzy?

:search:

Oh yes. Charidee and Scrabble letter basses. Helium filled cabs, etc.

Maybe there should be a Hot or Not thread?

Who’s gonna be Glenda Slag?*

*Skank obvs

Edited by Low End Bee
Spellin