Why become a member? ×

Revelation RPB 65? Anyone heard of or got one?

Daveox

Revelation is an old Hohner brand. Sutherland Trading brought it back with input from ex-Hohner man Alan Entwistle.

The RPBX has been on my "want to try" list for ages. Still never played one so can't comment but I know the Entwistle pickups are scary loud 🙂

https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rpbx/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dad3353 said:

I've seen reviews of their guitars that were more than enthusiastic, so I'd imagine the basses to be just as good for the price. Not much to lose, really.

Thanks for that. Only this very morning I was daydreaming about a Jazz with a P neck and twin split-P pickups, which is something of a coincidence to say the least... uncanny.

Of course in my mind it was vintage white with a maple neck, not bloody sunburst and rosewood. Tsk! 9_9

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pineweasel said:

I have the 6 string bass (https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-60-b/) and for the money it is superb. Build quality, finish and setup all great. There was one small flaw in the paint but for around £200 I wasn't too concerned.

Holy Hell! I mean... thanks for that. I'm beginning to think it would be rude not to at this price. Unusually I even have no problem with the decal or the Dingwall-style stepped headstock.

I have Entwistle pups on my bitsa Jazz, so I know just how good they are. But I'm thinking about the Revelation P Bass with a Fender CS 62 pup and La Bella flats... oh Lordy...

3 minutes ago, foxyFuze said:

I picked up a used Revelation Jazzmaster copy for 160 quid. Sounds good and I actually prefer the neck to my £1800 Les Paul that I sold! 

Crikey. I doubt very much that the basses are going to be wildly different in build quality to the guitars. Also, I don't think the great Alan Entwistle would associate himself with a product that isn't up to a certain standard. I'm beginning to get quite severe GAS for one of these.

Just now, Rich said:

Oh stop procrastinating and just buy one already. You know you want it. Tell your missus we made you do it.

I already told her that when I bought the last one. On the other hand, if I buy a sunburst bass she won't think it's mine as she knows I don't care for sunburst basses... reverse psychology, or something. :ph34r:

• Haha 1