Why become a member? ×

Site Bugs - List them here

BigRedX

Question

I can't see a thread for reporting general site bugs and other weirdness, so I thought it might be a good idea to list them all in one place. If one does already exist, please merge this thread with it.

1. New posts don't always bump a thread up to the top of the list in a forum. I've seen this happen twice this morning, where someone had replied to a thread, but it still is in the place in the thread list where it was before the new post was made. Is this just a side effect of Basschat currently being slow in general or something different?

2. Marking content as read. There is an inconsistency in how this works. If I click the "Mark forum as read" text at the top of a forum listing I get a warning dialog box pop up asking me if I am sure. However if I mark a forum as read by clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon next to it the the forums list then there is no warning. IMO either the warning should apply to both actions, or it should only apply to clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon as this is easier to do by mistake.

3. No full editor for those of us who like to be a bit more creative with our BB tags and layout.

4. PMs from the old site have not migrated over. I can't remember seeing anything specific in the site migration threads that said "all you old PMs will be lost when the new version of the site goes live"

I'm sure there will be more to come...

11 minutes ago, Tonteee said:

As a for example, I could only find my feedback thread by looking for topics I created within my profile.  Wouldn't come up on the site search.  This was last updated less than a year ago.

From this end, I don't discern any speed issues.  It's only dropped out once on me, too... :)

Is your name in the posts or was your name in the topic only? If so then you're searching for a topic for over a year ago

Ah, I see - so thread stared over a year ago = falls into criteria. Thanks for the clarification. 

As I said earlier, I was just trying to offer a 'for instance' on the search issues being discussed.  I truly appreciate the work you guys are doing here.

On 04/12/2017 at 17:12, ped said:

OK great let me know - we did have an issue with email a few days after launching (we also changed the default a few times) so it should work OK now. Check spam, too.

Still no emails. Ive checked and double checked the settings, as i should be getting at least one email a day. Done the usual junk/spam filter search.

Not a big deal for me, just thought id bring it up.

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

Still no emails. Ive checked and double checked the settings, as i should be getting at least one email a day. Done the usual junk/spam filter search.

I'll have a poke around

4 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Your notifications are set to only email you when someone sends you a private message

45 minutes ago, ambient said:

Maybe nothing to do with the site, I don't know. On an iPhone 6s when you insert a full stop or a new paragraph, something where you'd usually expect it to automatically change the next letter to a capital, it doesn't.

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. I’ll raise it with Invision who make the software hopefully it’ll be sorted in the next update. 

On 07/12/2017 at 15:16, charic said:

Your notifications are set to only email you when someone sends you a private message

Ill take your word for that, i have no idea where that setting is, but i also have the option to send me one email a day at the top of the thread ticked fror the threads im taking part in. ive tried all those options since the new site went live. As it is i have received a digest email today so something has changed somewhere.

4 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

'Cos it's creating a paragraph.

If you don't want one, press...
...shift + return.

Why do i have to press shift+return when i only press return on every other site??? I don't want a  blank line - i simply want the next line.
Its bugging me because its anti intuitive ........especially if i have to write a longer message or post.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

Why do i have to press shift+return when i only press return on every other site??? I don't want a  blank line - i simply want the next line.
Its bugging me because its anti intuitive ........especially if i have to write a longer message or post.

It’s working correctly. Longer posts are easier to read with full paragraph breaks.

Its no different to Word, for example.

Edited by wateroftyne