Why become a member? ×

Site Bugs - List them here

BigRedX

Question

I can't see a thread for reporting general site bugs and other weirdness, so I thought it might be a good idea to list them all in one place. If one does already exist, please merge this thread with it.

1. New posts don't always bump a thread up to the top of the list in a forum. I've seen this happen twice this morning, where someone had replied to a thread, but it still is in the place in the thread list where it was before the new post was made. Is this just a side effect of Basschat currently being slow in general or something different?

2. Marking content as read. There is an inconsistency in how this works. If I click the "Mark forum as read" text at the top of a forum listing I get a warning dialog box pop up asking me if I am sure. However if I mark a forum as read by clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon next to it the the forums list then there is no warning. IMO either the warning should apply to both actions, or it should only apply to clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon as this is easier to do by mistake.

3. No full editor for those of us who like to be a bit more creative with our BB tags and layout.

4. PMs from the old site have not migrated over. I can't remember seeing anything specific in the site migration threads that said "all you old PMs will be lost when the new version of the site goes live"

I'm sure there will be more to come...

56 minutes ago, tom1946 said:

I've asked this question twice and had no reply:

why are there only 23 posts on a page in basses for sale? Used to be more than that.

It looks right and is good for loading times :)

Also, people have already complained about too much scrolling

29 minutes ago, sifi2112 said:

I’m probably not the first to ask but ‘where’s my ‘feedback’ thread ?

The search index was limited to a year whilst the site got up to speed... we're re-indexing the whole site now so search for it later and it'll be there :)

I'm loving the new site, but I have 2 small issues...

First one is I can't view BC at work on the desktop.  Something to do with the certificate iirc.  I'll update you on Monday from work as I can still use my phone for BC.

Second one, Is there any way to change font type?  I can change the size or the colour, but I can't see how to change the actual font.  Has it been done away with?

Because it's not possible to edit, and it's not possible to delete posts within a conversation, two things I've become used to doing with the old system. If I have to carefully consider everything I post in a PM without being able to delete and/or edit, it's going to take a long time for me to communicate with anyone! It's OK though, I'm sure you have much more important things to be doing at this stage. :)

3 minutes ago, charic said:

You can delete the conversation itself, I can't find an option of enabling edit within PMs with the forum software

When the new site first appeared, within PMs there was 'Multiquote, Quote and Edit' at bottom left, and 'Report Reply' at top right. And it was possible to edit. Now 'Edit' has gone, and obviously it's not possible to Edit any more.

3 minutes ago, discreet said:

When the new site first appeared, within PMs there was 'Multiquote, Quote and Edit' at bottom left, and 'Report Reply' at top right. And it was possible to edit. Now 'Edit' has gone, and obviously it's not possible to Edit any more.

Give it a try now :)

7 minutes ago, discreet said:

Ah-haa! There it is! Nice work. :) Now... can you find an option to delete posts within a conversation..?

Nope :( Unfortuntely the hide functionality currently seems to completely ignore PMs for some reason.  I'll bring it up on the software developers site

Catching up with a topic I posted in a couple of weeks ago, (pre update), and I'm getting little bleeping notifications about '1 new post, go to new post', but there aren't new posts in the thread.

I don't know if it's been mentioned earlier in this thread, I haven't read it all obviously.

I'm liking the new update overall. Good work. :)

P.S. My avitar has been squashed to fit in the circle. This is an outrage. ^_^

Edited by Shambo

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

Nice work Charic.  As usual  :drinks:

We've made it to two years of indexing without affecting the site performance. Trying to allow for the full lot caused our few seconds outage for some reason.

I'm chasing it down but it's not easy

1 hour ago, HowieBass said:

I'll admit to not having read every post within this thread but has anybody reported that the numbering system within a thread has now disappeared? I found it useful when I wanted to refer back to a point within a thread on occasion.

I don't recall there being one on the old site tbh. Once the site is fully up to speed then I'll start a wish list for people to contribute too :)