Why become a member? ×

The most awful bass video I think I have ever seen

NJE

I apologize if this has been posted before but check out this video, I think it has to be the worst bass video I have ever seen. Excuse me if this is supposed to be clever but this just looks like Fodera abuse, should we report him?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThpNwJtIyE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThpNwJtIyE...feature=related[/url]

See what you guys and gals think.

:huh: :)

^ i finally get what these emoticons represent!

i can see what he's aiming for. but my word is he a long way off!
the tone was horrible (which is a feat on a fodera), he was missing notes, falling off notes, missing strings and hitting wrong strings throughout the piece.

i'm sure if he opened his eyes, looked at the bass, toned down the movements and practiced first. then once he had it down, moved up to this performace level it would probably be very interesting.

but in this state? no thanks.

Have a little bit of respect guys.He is performing an ancient song(or his interpretation of it) called "Ko Saicha" which the Kamikaze have traditionally played,sung,or listened to before entering battle.Haike probably died an honourable death after this performance.
I know this because I have a Japanese mother-BTW I actually quite liked his playing
Iain

[quote name='yanto' post='319273' date='Oct 31 2008, 06:40 PM']Have a little bit of respect guys.He is performing an ancient song(or his interpretation of it) called "Ko Saicha" which the Kamikaze have traditionally played,sung,or listened to before entering battle.Haike probably died an honourable death after this performance.
I know this because I have a Japanese mother-BTW I actually quite liked his playing
Iain[/quote]

i don't think the style of the song or what it represents has been mocked or degraded at all? :)

so you like sloppy, slip-up playing do you? :huh: (jk) :huh: as i said, i liked what he was going for (including the style with which he played), but the technique and excecusion was awfull.

oh, and what you you mean he probably died after this performance? :huh:

PHEW! I was worried that it was some super amazing technique/bass movement that I just wasn't getting. Ah well it put a smile on my face and made me feel more talented, shame about the wasted Fodera though.

[quote name='yanto' post='319273' date='Oct 31 2008, 06:40 PM']Have a little bit of respect guys.[/quote]

I recognised from the sort of sound what he was trying to do, & quite a few things of Japanese culture & history interest me so no quarrell with any of that. It's just did he have to experiment on a Fodera costing thousands of pounds? Could imagine quite a few players who would hardly let a bass like that see the light of day from it's case.

+1 on the transferrence of technique from Shamizen playing.

I spotted this vid last week while hunting for gospel players on youtube. I wouldn't be inclined to criticise it from a Western perspective any more than I'd be inclined to criticise any other world music. Or at least if I was going to criticise it then I'd at least take the time to discover what the point of the music was. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that style of playing is about the space created between the notes and the textural effects created rather than the notes themselves.

Still not to my personal taste but I've heard a LOT worse from Western avant garde players.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='319359' date='Oct 31 2008, 09:24 PM']I actually quite like it. Very good cover of a traditional song.

This further exemplifies that a bass can be used for many things.[/quote]

+1

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQIjaosvrJE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQIjaosvrJE[/url]

x

I quite liked it. Think its one of those things where every aspect is given equal importance to every other. So the sound produced isn't any more important than the correct attitude when playing the sound. Likewise when listening everything must be taken as a whole rather than broken down for individual critisism. Or something.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='319351' date='Oct 31 2008, 09:09 PM']+1 on the transferrence of technique from Shamizen playing.

I spotted this vid last week while hunting for gospel players on youtube. I wouldn't be inclined to criticise it from a Western perspective any more than I'd be inclined to criticise any other world music. Or at least if I was going to criticise it then I'd at least take the time to discover what the point of the music was. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that style of playing is about the space created between the notes and the textural effects created rather than the notes themselves.

Still not to my personal taste but I've heard a LOT worse from Western avant garde players.[/quote]

...first time i've done this but here you go : +1 sums up my feelings perfectly.