lowdown

The quiz results say this-

You Scored as Victor Wooten

Victor Wooten 67%
Pete Wentz 25%
Jaco Pastorius 25%
Micheal "Flea" Balzary 25%
John Myung 17%

But I'd say a mix of Roscoe Beck, Chuck Rainey, Pino and Rocco Prestia, but without the burgeoning talent of those 4 masters.

[quote name='Rich' post='317766' date='Oct 29 2008, 05:02 PM']Apparently I am 50% Victor Wooten, 25% John Myung, 17% Flea, 8% Pete Wentz (oh puh-LEEze) and 8% Jaco.
Rrrrright.
Quite how I work out to be 108% of anything is unclear at this time.[/quote]

I'm 150% composite bassist - I guess that makes me 42% more bassist than you.

[quote name='paul h' post='317803' date='Oct 29 2008, 06:01 PM']Victor Wooten 75%
Jaco Pastorius 58%
Pete Wentz 50%
Micheal "Flea" Balzary 33%
John Myung 0%

216% which makes me over twice as good as you lot.[/quote]

You can't say you're over twice as [i]good[/i] - but you can say you're over twice as [i]much[/i] a bassist as any of the 100%ers.

this quiz sums me up well -

58% wooten - after all, i am arguably the best bass player alive
42% flea - hes one of my favourite bass players, and indeed a great influence on me
25% pete wentze - i used to play a precision with a pick
8% jaco - as i said, im arguably the best bassist ever, but the reason im so little jaco is cos i dont play fretless, jazz basses or "fusion jazz" or whatever it is jaco is supposed to have played.
0% john myung - of course i dont play like him, never even heard of him.

nah, in all seriousness, it depends who im playing with. when in a band id say im most like ben osmundson or maybe bruce foxton cos i try to follow the roots and try to put in something a bit more fun, too.

I always get miller,or haslip but i usually get people non bass players telling me i sound like the man doing chaka khan or luther vandross bass lines. I think i am getting close to giving miller a run for his money but dont have the motivation,wish i could find a bloke like jaykay and square pushers bastard son who want me to play,but in suffolk it would be a miracle.