Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='675425' date='Dec 6 2009, 05:57 AM']So why contribute to a thread entitled: "post your pedalboard?" It might be the sleep deprivation and accompanying paranoia but that seems intentionally antagonizing. I don't surf, but I wouldn't go on a surfing forum and tell them all how pointless their surfboards are.[/quote]

I'm certainly not criticising other players at all. I like effects but keep it simple myself. I think you are reading too much into this. I'm probably posting a lot more at the moment to keep my mind from the treatment (chemotheraphy) I'm going through at the moment, not looking to pick fights. Some great looking set ups here. Peace

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='675425' date='Dec 6 2009, 05:57 AM']So why contribute to a thread entitled: "post your pedalboard?" It might be the sleep deprivation and accompanying paranoia but that seems intentionally antagonizing. I don't surf, but I wouldn't go on a surfing forum and tell them all how pointless their surfboards are.[/quote]

Don't think he was criticising.

Hope all goes well and you're back to 100% soon BurritoBass

[quote name='gnasher1993' date='Dec 5 2009, 08:51 PM' post='675252']
My current board...

It'll change within a week or so, I have no doubt about that.

I no how you feel, drive myself mad fiddling with the board all the time, swapping them about, settings etc that by the time you have got it set somthing like get that "board" (pun intended :) ) that a dry lead seems to be the way forward, then a chorus pedal sneeks its way back in an before you no it back ware you started, cable ties an velcro everyware, its all good fun , if it wasnt then there wouldnt be a point!!

Edited by danny-79

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished putting it together. Nothing's velcroed down yet or properly wired in with George L's as I'm after an EBS Octabass and an EH Bass MicroSynth to finish it off.

Layout is:

TU-2 -> MultiComp -> LS-2 (A+B Mix) -> BassDrive (18V) -> UniChorus

Loop A: Bass Big Muff
Loop B: PD-7

Pretty small chain at the minute. Don't have a picture or a board but it goes:

Behringer Chromatic Tuner
Boss SYB-5
Boss ODB-3
Marshall Guv'nor Plus
Mid Fi Electronics Glitch Computer
Circuit Bent Behringer Digital Delay (when I say circuit bent, I mean that I messed around with it without really knowing what I was doing because it was cheap)

Need a pedalboard really, plus a Digitech Whammy to send my bass 2 octaves up so I can get cool nintendo sounds out of the Glitch Computer.

I don't like the ODB-3 much. I've been taking all the drive off and using it just to boost the low end and add a bit more gain. I was going to replace the Marshall Guv'nor with it but the distortion you get with the Guv'nor on bass has really grown on me. I can turn the sub-bass knob up and get a really crunchy low-end instead of the trebly buzz I always seem to get with the ODB-3.

Any suggestions?

[quote name='D2TS' post='698407' date='Jan 1 2010, 10:03 PM']Pretty small chain at the minute. Don't have a picture or a board but it goes:

Behringer Chromatic Tuner
Boss SYB-5
Boss ODB-3
Marshall Guv'nor Plus
Mid Fi Electronics Glitch Computer
Circuit Bent Behringer Digital Delay (when I say circuit bent, I mean that I messed around with it without really knowing what I was doing because it was cheap)

Need a pedalboard really, plus a Digitech Whammy to send my bass 2 octaves up so I can get cool nintendo sounds out of the Glitch Computer.

I don't like the ODB-3 much. I've been taking all the drive off and using it just to boost the low end and add a bit more gain. I was going to replace the Marshall Guv'nor with it but the distortion you get with the Guv'nor on bass has really grown on me. I can turn the sub-bass knob up and get a really crunchy low-end instead of the trebly buzz I always seem to get with the ODB-3.

Any suggestions?[/quote]
I'm selling my Whammy if you're interested mate. Whats the Mid Fi Glitch Computer like?

Zach

Can't afford a Whammy just yet I'm afraid, but good luck selling it.

The Glitch Computer is amazing if you're a noise musician, although my classic rock enthused brother-in-law thinks it just sounds like a badly wired distortion pedal. I haven't spent much time with it yet but it can basically scramble any signal into an endless array of bizarre sounds, beeps, crackles and harmonics. Not really anything on the internet about how it works with a bass so I wasn't sure what to expect, but as I suspected you can't really get the best out of it with the low range of a bass guitar, although with the tracking turned right down the modulation is so erratic that it doesn't matter what you're using. You'll just get a stuttering atonal blast of distorted computer sounds.

You can also turn the blend to nil and just use it as a fuzz pedal, and with the tracking right up you can blend in the -2 octave to thicken out the sound nicely, as long as you're playing above the 1st octave of a guitar or 2nd octave of a bass.

My Subdecay Prometheus arrived today, meaning the "Live" board is as follows:

All on a PedalTrain PT-2:
X2 Wireless>Korg DT-10>Mojohand Cream Pie TB Edition>Boss OC-2>X-Blender>Subdecay Prometheus>Analogman Chorus

X-Blender Send>Way Huge Swollen Pickle Clone>Crowther Prunes and Custard>MSD Wah>X-Blender Return

In the loop of the X-Blender there will also be a Catalinbread SFT (after the Pickle) and a patcher (after the P+C) to link in board number 2 which consists of a Digitech WH-1 Whammy>Montgomery '77 Flanger>Musitronics Mutron III>Catalinbread Valcoder>Visual Volume. The Volume pedal being in the loop of the X-Blender means I can fade the effects in and out independently of my clean tone.

The output from board 1 goes to board 3, which is an EHX BassBalls with external pots mod>Way Huge Aqua Puss>Line 6 Echo Park>Catalinbread Serrano.

Still looking for a Phaser of course :rolleyes:

Pics coming soon if I can be bothered :)

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='706253' date='Jan 9 2010, 03:26 AM'][shameless plug] You know you want my soundblox phaser, it's pink and give you an excuse to flail your limbs wildly while playing [/shameless plug][/quote]
As much as I appreciate your offer, I do that enough when playing, don't need a pedal for it :) haha also that pedal is a bit big for my needs. I'd like a Retro-Sonic one, or I might wait for some demos of the new Keeley Phaser before springing for anything else.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='709569' date='Jan 11 2010, 11:06 PM']No decent Muffy fuzz on the M9 then?[/quote]

I found all the drive settings on the M9 to be too 'nice'. Theyre useable, but its just not the same as with individual units.

Thats why I kept my big muff too...and my blowtorch....and woolly mammoth. Hmm.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='709569' date='Jan 11 2010, 11:06 PM']No decent Muffy fuzz on the M9 then?[/quote]

Yeah I'm in agreement with deej, well certainly in terms of the fuzz effects. However, I do use the overdrive/tube overdrive in the unit, and have previously had some fun with a couple of the distortions so it's all about personal preference.

Not the best image - my phone's getting quite old now D:

Anyway...

X2 wireless ->
Ernie Ball volume pedal with Korg DT-10 (always on) in tuner out ->
SFX custom pedal with Catalinbread Hyperpak in the FX loop ->
Line 6 M9 with Ernie Ball expression pedal->
Okko FX Coca Comp compressor ->
AMP

The SFX box has a clean boost, EQ pedal and FX loop all in one space. I got Max to build it for me so it would go right in that gap between the M9 and the VP Jr. Edited by Finbar