Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='cheddatom' post='797266' date='Apr 6 2010, 10:02 AM']What the hell is this "cease transmission"? And where can I get one?[/quote]
[url="http://www.fxdoctor.com/site/ceasetransmission.html"]http://www.fxdoctor.com/site/ceasetransmission.html[/url]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='797602' date='Apr 6 2010, 02:39 PM']Just finished my new board off so thought I would share some pictures.

Chain is as follows:

Bass into TC Electronics Polytune - Catalinbread Serrano Picoso (clean boost which I use with the 74 jazz bass) - EBS Octabass - EBS Bass IQ - Subdecay Prometheus - signal then splits with a feed into the Chunk Sytems Brown Dog input and also the Envelope in on the Chunk Systems Agent 00 Funk Mark II (this enable me to use the 00 Funk as an envelope filter in it's own right - output from Brown Dog then goes into the input of the 00 Funk - EBS Multi Comp and finally to the EBS UniChorus and then to the input on my Aguilar AG500.

All housed in a Pedaltrain PT2 with hard flight case which is big but very protective![/quote]

Nice board dude! I see you like your filters :rolleyes: I used to have the Brown Dog/00Funk combo, that was awesome! :)

Yeah it's a great combination for a synthy type bass sound!! Still not sure if I really "need" a mutron III though!

[quote name='Higgie' post='797838' date='Apr 6 2010, 06:05 PM']Nice board dude! I see you like your filters :rolleyes: I used to have the Brown Dog/00Funk combo, that was awesome! :)[/quote]

New toys in the house!! The last of my bits arriving early next week. Not yet put the board together but on paper it looks something like this...

SFX custom Interface Box ->
TC Elec Polytune ->
EB HighGain Volume Pedal ->
Loop Pedal (with all of the following in it's loop) ->
MammothSounds Audio custom Mid-Booster ->
MXR Blowtorch ->
Tech 21 XXL Bass Edition ->
EBS Octabass ->
EMMA DiscumBOBulater (with custom SFX switch) ->
MammothSounds Audio Chimaera Feedback Loop (with the follwing two pedals in it's loop) ->
EBS Unichorus ->
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay ->
(back to Chimaera) ->
(back to Loop Pedal) ->
(back to Interface Box) ->

Phew...

I am considering replacing the Loop Pedal with The Feedback Loop as it is a dual pedal one, acting as a Loop and/or a Feedback Loop. Effectively having all pedals available within the Feedback Loop rather than just the Chorus and Delay. I am
however slightly concerned about popping the wrong switch in a live situation and rather than going from 4 or 5 effects straight back to clean, instead forcing them all through the Feedback Loop... Which could be interesting.

Pics as soon as I get chance to build the damn thing...

DD-20 absolutely rocks by the way :-)

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='801427' date='Apr 10 2010, 12:44 AM']do you have any details about the mammoth mid booster?[/quote]

Hey,

Yes, it's a mini/Catalinbread sized pedal with a footswitch and a single knob. The pedal goes from 0db to 15db boost at 400Hz So with the knob turned fully anti clockwise there is no effect, increasing as the knob is turned clockwise.

It sits before the dirt pedals in chain and it will be used as a 'dirt driver'... Effectively turning 2 dirt pedals into 4. Whacking 10db of mid before the BT or XXL adds an additional layer of aggression, so I can use either pedal, or either pedal + Mid Boost.

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='801606' date='Apr 10 2010, 10:35 AM']sounds cool.
do you have a link? clips?

cheers[/quote]

No :)

It hasn't arrived yet! I was doing the same thing with an EQ pedal with only the 400Hz boosted, which seemed a waste of an EQ pedal and took up too much space. So Umph has made me the 1 band boost so the EQ pedal can be kept for other uses.

The sound is quite fantastic when run with the XXL... Gives it more substance.

When I put the board together I will attempt to record som clips for you...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='806125' date='Apr 14 2010, 03:16 PM']Still waiting on the new bits turning up... But I got bored and had half an hour spare earlier so I broke out the paint brushes...

It's not great but looks cool from eye level to pedal board level and is a little more interesting than a plain pedal![/quote]
That's actually a really nice design. If I had a looper that was plain, I would have to steal that idea :)

Zach

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='806125' date='Apr 14 2010, 03:16 PM']Still waiting on the new bits turning up... But I got bored and had hal an hour spare earlier so I broke out the paint brushes...

It's not great but looks cool from eye level to pedal board level and is a little more interesting than a plain pedal![/quote]

That looks awesome! Mine is plain, any chance I could send it to you to do it for me? :)

Haha, what a guy! Wade was awesome too, if you knew him. He didn't work in the shop, but I honestly never worked out what he DID do there. Quite a few people I know from Sheffield went to work there at one point or another :)

Edited by Finbar

Wades still there I think, works in the design studio with a load of my best friends. Games development I think...?

Anyway back on topic!!!

I have 2 other unpainted pedals due this week which I shall also do a simple paint job on for fun... Then the board is jam packed! Sweeeeet

It may not look like it from the pics for the word 'Looper' has 4 shades of red through to yellow, layered to look cool... But the pics from my Iphone so it looks popp :-)

Edited by pantherairsoft

Right everything came today and I had chance to play around with the signal chain and put it all together...

It's a thing of beauty!

Signal chain as follws…

Bass - > SFX custom Interface Box ->
TC Elec Polytune ->
EB HighGain Volume Pedal ->
Loop Pedal (with all of the following in it's loop) ->
MammothSounds Audio custom Mid-Booster ->
MXR Blowtorch ->
Tech 21 XXL Bass Edition ->
EBS Octabass ->
EMMA DiscumBOBulater (with custom SFX switch) ->
MammothSounds Audio Chimaera Feedback Loop (with the follwing two pedals in it's loop) ->
EBS Unichorus ->
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay ->
(back to Chimaera) ->
(back to Loop Pedal) ->
(back to Interface Box) -> Amp

I'll put a lick of paint on the feedback looper and the mid booster tomorrow if I get chance.

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

Not the best quality as it was taken with my BlackBerry, but this is the little mini board I have put together for tonight's first gig with my new 2xDB212 rig! Just the bare essentials:

Bass>DT-10>Octamizer>SFT>X-Blender with Swollen Pickle Clone in the loop>Amp