Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Yeah, it should be pretty useful! I've found that with downsizing to a much smaller pedalboard, I really had to think through all my pedal placements and ways to turn everything on a lot more than before. There's no way I would have had space to fit three separate pedals in that gap, and it allows me to use that space above the M9 for the Hyperpak, where it isn't convenient to turn things on and off. Not the cheapest or simplest option, but I think it's a neat solution. Tonight's the first time I'll get to try it out though. I've had the pedal ages, but the snow's stopped us getting to practices and stuff for the last week or so.

[quote name='cm261' post='712523' date='Jan 14 2010, 01:26 PM']What was the damage, if you don't mind my asking?[/quote]
PM'd

I use on as the expression pedal, but the other is only ever used as a volume pedal. It helps keep the tuner out of the way nice and tidy like, and I also adjust my volume on the fly using it quite a lot.

But even if I wanted to use the Volume Pedal effect on the M9, I wouldn't want to waste effectively 2 of those 6 precious effects slots on a volume pedal. Better just to have it in line before the M9! Does a better job. A global volume pedal input on the M9/13 would be neat, but I know there isn't room for it in the M9 - I get the impression it's already as jam-packed and small as they can make it realistically.

[quote name='Kev' post='714401' date='Jan 15 2010, 10:00 PM']How come you chose the silver ltd??[/quote]

Falls in between the other variants in terms of mid response :) also has flatter EQ which means I can shape the overdrive with my EQ pedal.

Edited by gnasher1993

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='714726' date='Jan 16 2010, 12:11 PM']More mids than the others variants :rolleyes: also has flatter EQ which means I can shape the overdrive with my EQ pedal.[/quote]

I always thought the first Black LTD had the most mids! From what I remember the silver one had less of a mid hump and was the reason it was brought out?! :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='714854' date='Jan 16 2010, 02:33 PM']I always thought the first Black LTD had the most mids! From what I remember the silver one had less of a mid hump and was the reason it was brought out?! :)[/quote]

Don't know much about the Black one if I'm honest so you're probably right. I spoke to David Barber about the SR and the Silver (they were my 2 options at the time) and he said that the silver has [i]more[/i] mids than the SR. I thought it was the SR they brought out because it had less of a mid hump. Here's what David told me:

LTD SR: Pretty much flat EQ response. I recommend this when you know you have a great sounding, well balanced guitar...just more of what you have with harmonics and sustain.

LTD Silver: Little flatter response (slight mid thickening) than the V2 with a VERY subtle tone control for the purist.

Either way...I'm happy with the Silver :rolleyes:

Edited my other post so it makes sense if you're considering the standard as well :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my latest pedalboard, and I think im actually happy with it for once. Got the basics on there, got some noise on there, and got the options to experiment with it too.

Signal chain goes -

> Ernie Ball VPjr (tuner in the 'tuner out' output)
> VFB-2 - send
>> Cream Pie
>> LS-2
>>> Loop A - Deep Impact > Turbo Rat > Blowtorch
>>> Loop B - Bass Big Muff > M9 with VPjr exp. pedal
>VFB-2 - return
> Multicomp
> MXR M-80

I think thats right anyway..

Thanks. At the moment im using the M9 for pitch shifting, wah, octave, phaser, tremolo and delay. Pretty much got it for modulation and all the bits and bobs i dont use as frequently. Its there for options really.

Edited by deej

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='734653' date='Feb 4 2010, 12:07 AM']Jacklondon - That board looks great.
where did you get the sound reactive light from? Is it your design?
I hope you're getting well paid for that board![/quote]
The lights can be bought here : [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=225581"]http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=225581[/url]

I'm doing it free of charge however my guitarist is paying for all the parts etc. I'm doing it to see how it will last and perform in real gigging situation and if it works I might start making them for people! If you think about it the cost of this one up to date is £37.50 and it's only so high because of those lights and light-up fans that he wanted!

[quote name='JackLondon' post='734666' date='Feb 4 2010, 12:46 AM']The lights can be bought here : [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=225581"]http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=225581[/url]

I'm doing it free of charge however my guitarist is paying for all the parts etc. I'm doing it to see how it will last and perform in real gigging situation and if it works I might start making them for people! If you think about it the cost of this one up to date is £37.50 and it's only so high because of those lights and light-up fans that he wanted![/quote]

It's very impressive.

Just got the tuner in the post.

Here it is atm:

Just need to make some new George L patch leads and plug it all up :)

Signal chain will be:
Bass> Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200> Subdecay Noisebox> EBS Multicomp> Xotic X-Blender (in loop > Tone Freak Abunai 2> Roger Mayer Voodoobass)> Analogman Clone Chorus> Amp