Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Samniner' post='623069' date='Oct 11 2009, 01:19 PM']I have been looking around and trying to find a company that can make custom cases. This might be hard as I think that would be a pricey project. Another idea someone gave me was to use a case for a plasma/LCD. Seems like a good idea I just need to measure on out.
Not too many options...

Any ideas?[/quote]

It seems obvious, but I don't know if you seen this site -

www.pedalboards.com

?

I imagine it would be expensive, but they do a flightcased board in just the same shape as your board.

Pedal Board V4... and for now the last change around as I may be out of a job shortly :-(

Before people ask here is a close up of the DiscumBOBulator and its little partner pedal. This is a custom build from Max @ [sfx] and is basically an external switch for the UP/DOWN filter sweep toggle that the pedal has... allowing me to switch between both styles during one song for example.

The workmanship of this is stunning and it performs perfectly! My Turbo Rat has also been modded by [sfx] to put all the bass back in and it is an absolute monster of a pedal!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='630589' date='Oct 19 2009, 06:09 PM']Before people ask here is a close up of the DiscumBOBulator and its little partner pedal. This is a custom build from Max @ [sfx] and is basically an external switch for the UP/DOWN filter sweep toggle that the pedal has... allowing me to switch between both styles during one song for example.[/quote]

Why would you not just add an extra footswitch to the pedal? Just wondering.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='631093' date='Oct 20 2009, 09:18 AM']Why would you not just add an extra footswitch to the pedal? Just wondering.[/quote]

The remote overrides the toggle switch, but when the remote is removed, control returns to the toggle and the pedal functions as normal. My understanding is that adding another switch to the existing pedal would of made the toggle switch redundant and also been tricky given the placement of the circuit board inside without transfering it all to a larger box.

In fairness I really liked the idea I being able to unplug the remote and still have an original pedal still as well :-)

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='633098' date='Oct 22 2009, 03:25 AM']How's the SFT treating you? If TB is to be believed it should have sorted out your finances, bought you a bigger house and serviced you sexually by now.[/quote]

It is actually that good if not better :rolleyes: best overdrive and amp simulator I've ever used, not that I've ever had many pedals or anything you know. :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='633138' date='Oct 22 2009, 08:16 AM']It is actually that good if not better :rolleyes: [b]best overdrive[/b] and amp simulator I've ever used, not that I've ever had many pedals or anything you know. :)[/quote]

Really? That is a bold statement I will need to check this pedal out.

Been meaning to get new pics for a while :)

That's the current band board, now that Toasted's MSD wah has landed :rolleyes:

Bass>Cream Pie>OC-2>XBlender (Swollen pickle clone in the loop)>Analogman Chorus>DT-10>MSD Wah

There's the fun board...PT2 with the rest of my pedals on it. Not wired up or anything, I just plug each pedal in whenever I feel like using them. Been trying to get the band board sorted out first as that's the priority, but will hopefully get round to finishing it off soon.

G Labs Wah pad - Bought off here recently, will be using it as a TB loop for my Whammy
Digitech WH-1 original whammy
Crowther Prunes and Custard
Montgomery Appliances '77 Flanger - clone of the original A/DA flanger with a few upgraded features. Without a doubt the best flanger i've heard or used, Toasted is selling one in the FS section - grab it while you still can!
EHX US BassBalls
Catalinbread Serrano clean boost
Catalinbread Valcoder tremolo
Atomic Echo Clone - Original Way Huge Aqua Puss, just in a different enclosure, and therefore a fraction of the price :lol:
Original Musitronics Mutron III - The funkiest filter ever made :lol:

PS. Sorry for the bad quality pics...Had to use my webcam :lol:

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Finbar' post='633570' date='Oct 22 2009, 04:50 PM']Nah, I only have a gigging board. I don't see the point having it if I'm not going to use it really. Just laid out my new-look small(er) board last night. Kept more stomps than I'd have liked, but can't be helped![/quote]

I guess my thinking is that i want a small board for gigging as its easy to transport less to go wrong/problem solve and my board changes a fair bit depending which band and what set we are playing. For example There is no reason for me to have both my Ultra fuzz and my hyper fuzz on the gigging board as i can just use the Ultra fuzz but in my experimental jam band the boss is indispensable but i only play in the experimental band maybe a couple of times a month. I think it will work for me anyway YMMV etc.

This is my transition setup, my groove regulator got snagged at customs so it's gonna take a while to get here:

And the nightshot:

EDIT: Look what arrived this afternoon (after I payed exorbitant ransom to parcelfarce........)

It's good, oh it's very good, the TB hype is justified

Edited by bobbass4k