Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

To be honest, I've no idea. I haven't been involved in booking any of these shows! I'm hoping there'll be someone local playing with us. Surprising how many promoters don't realise that putting an out of town band on with no local bands is a bad idea. Or that putting a non-local band on first or last is usually a bad idea. Such is the way of the world though!

If its a small place, we won't need a PA for the instruments anyway :) We can pump out volume :rolleyes: I prefer small places to massive places though. Is there a stage? I like playing on the floor D:

I think it's about time I posted a pic of my pedal board
The pedals are.....
Aphex Punch Factory compressor , Aphex Bass Exciter
Guyatone PS3 Phase shifter , DOD Ice Box Chorus
Boss Flanger , Boss Line Selector
Dunlop Cry Baby Bass , EBS Octabass
EHX Bass Big Muff , EHX Micro Q Tron
Emma DiscumBOBulator , Emma ReezaFRATzitz
Boss RC20-XL , Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
Korg DT-10 Tuner

Edited by Doddy

I love it when you can finally play a completed pedalboard. Ive been waiting for adaptors, power supplies, and all other bits and bobs recently while my pedals just sat there. Ive enetually connected mine up now, and i can definitely feel the creativity coming back!...others may refer to it as noise...

Finbar - get your booking man to check out about the Norfolk. The landlord said he might be stopping gigs at the end of October.

[quote name='Doddy' post='596556' date='Sep 12 2009, 02:09 PM']I think it's about time I posted a pic of my pedal board
.....[/quote]

Nice board! We need a night shot.

[quote name='Finbar' post='598400' date='Sep 14 2009, 03:56 PM']Yup, actually checked that out yesterday - it's been canceled :)[/quote]

My old band played the norfolk about a month ago. the promoter tried to cancel on us after we arrived. he's a kid in his late teens early twenties. he was being lazy by not actually promoting it.

[quote name='nash' post='598435' date='Sep 14 2009, 05:30 PM']My old band played the norfolk about a month ago. the promoter tried to cancel on us after we arrived. he's a kid in his late teens early twenties. he was being lazy by not actually promoting it.[/quote]

We played on Saturday. We got there just after some 16 year old kids from down south. 5 minutes later the landlord calls up to say "cancel the gig, I need the PA at my other pub". So we went to get our own PA and sorted out the sound. It was OK, but you'd think after all that effort the other bands would have stayed around to watch us. cnuts. Anyway, we played to about 20 people and trashed the "stage" (floor) at the end.

Time for the finished shots. I have been though a silly amount of pedals to fill the last space until I found something that fit with my sound, and settled on a Pro Co Turbo Rat for some filthy distortion and feedback. The Bass Blogger stays on 'Drive' mode for my fat punchy sound. Run the Blogger and the Rat together on risk of serious injury! :-)...

So here it is...

And before people ask... a night shot (yes the Blue LED really is THAT bright!)...

All mounted on a Pedal Train 2, patched with George L's and powered by a Diago Powerstation (both EHX pedals have a GigRig Virtual Battery so it all runs of daisy chain).

Signal chain is you care...

(Bass) --> TU-2 --> Bypass Loop --> Turbo Rat --> Bass Blogger --> BF-2B --> CEB-3 --> DiscumBOBulator --> Bass Microsynth --> DD-3 --> Back to the Bypass Loop --> (Amp)

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='alexharvay' post='605689' date='Sep 22 2009, 03:42 PM']Yeah, that's really nice. I like seeing boards neat and tidy, makes all the difference. A pedal Train 2 is next on my list.[/quote]

I agree. George L's let you do that though. They are cut just to size, to avoid any excess cable, and also to hold the daisy chain cable against the bottom of the board :-)

[quote name='cheddatom' post='605703' date='Sep 22 2009, 03:49 PM']Nice board! Needs moar dirt though.[/quote]

Explain dirt...?

I would consider 'dirt' to be overdrives etc... I have an overdrive, a really really heavy distortion and a synth with squarewave/bit cruncher style distortions on it as well, so id say I have more than enough!... or do you mean something else?

I'm a bit more into tone than fuzz though to be honest...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='605736' date='Sep 22 2009, 04:07 PM']Explain dirt...?

I would consider 'dirt' to be overdrives etc... I have an overdrive, a really really heavy distortion and a synth with squarewave/bit cruncher style distortions on it as well, so id say I have more than enough!... or do you mean something else?[/quote]

You got it, but that only gives you 12ish combinations of dirt. Clearly everyone needs 50+ possible dirty tones on their pedalboard.