Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='alexharvay' post='569121' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:11 PM']I need a bigger board as well. How's the MXR bass fuzz?[/quote]

Ill be making another soon, something lighter and more rectangular.

I like it (so much that i sold it and bought it back), but theres many who dont. Its a modern sounding fuzz, abit harsh while the LBM is a smooth fuzz.

Edited by WarPig

Haven't done this in a while, here's my current setup. Even though there's quite a few pedals there the signal chain is pretty clean because the TU2 is in the 'tuner out' of the EB volume, then it's compressor > rusty box > bass drive > barge loop (and the top row of the board are all in the barge loop in order from right to left). I'm really chuffed with this setup, I'm getting a lot of sounds out of it. The Rusty Box and the Bass Octave Deluxe are my latest purchases and they feel almost essential to my sound already. :)

Hi guys, have bought and sold a few things over the last 2 weeks, had a few static shocks and got a better understanding of electrics! :-)

I have also updated my board and signal chain as follows.....

Hope you all like... :-)

TU-2 --> True Bypass Loop --> Bass Blogger --> Bass Flanger --> Bass Chorus --> DiscumBOBulator --> Bass Micro Synth XO --> DD-3 Delay --> Back to the True Bypass Loop.

All powered by Diago Powerstation (both EHX pedals have GigRig Virtual batteries) and connected with George L's.

The reason for the Bypass loop is that I times I like to use a combination of 3 or 4 pedals, this means I can switch straight back to clean with one foot switch and reset the effects before going back to the pedal board :-)

Edited by pantherairsoft

discumbobulator's looking good, I just got my FM4 from alex, the basschat pedal circle of life continues

glad you like it, it can be subtle on bass, it was designed and presumably voiced for guitar, it can get quite quacky and shrill on guitar, but it doesn't on bass, sounds awesome after other pedals though

Samson Airline, EBS Octabass, EBS Unichorus (a misnomer if ever ther was one), Korg Pitch Black Tuner, MXR M80 DI/pre amp/distortion and a power strip for the pedals and amp all wrapped up in a Diago pedal board and linked with George L's cables.

OK heres' what I've been putting together this evening. MDF board, 2 tiers to help foot clearance at front, with slatted
shelves so all wires can be tucked underneath out of the way. Shelves will be lined with sticky back velcro tape to hold the pedals.
The white strip at the back is electrical conduit strip as a bus to carry the pedal power daisy chain, plus A&B jacks in on right hand side, to accomodate the 2 basses I normally use when gigging. This gets routed to my A/B + X/Y box front left where the output goes either into the fx loop or to the tuner.
Top left is mono jack out to amp.

After a couple of modifications, here's the pedalboard project in final stages.
Upper shelf is slotted for cable access, raised to allow pedal stomping without snagging the lower row, fitted with velcro for easy removal/access. Cables for 2 guitar inputs plus one output are wired in place, ready for the pedal chain. Small red LED power light wired into mains socket.

Finished pedal board, powered up with 9v daisy chain. includes A/B + X/Y bypass box to allow 2 guitar input to be routed to tuner or into pedal chain. Simple foot switch bypasses amp between songs to allow for silent retune. features a couple of home build pedals - red llama fuzz/overdrive modified for bass frequencies, and a classic dyna comp compresser/sustainer built from scratch including hand-etched pcb.

Bassballs pedal has been attacked over the weekend with hammer, vice and hacksaw to remove the cheese wedge shape and slim it down so the pedal + cabe access is in line with the others on the board. Also replaced silly EH DC input plug with a conventional 9V dc power jack socket.