Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

You're right about the mammoth clone;-)
The hairy balls in fact is a very warm clean to dirt boost/preamp+ a fuzz and a gate function that can make the HB less dirty!!!

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='528759' date='Jun 30 2009, 05:05 PM']Nice board man, how do you find the hairy balls? I really shouldn't be looking at dirt pedals but I remember hearing about those a while ago but not much since.

Also is that a mammoth clone I spot in the bottom right?[/quote]

Ok - I've gone from the PT mini seen here:

To this, the current band board:

Underside:

Ok so the underside is a bit messy, but it's all stable and works so if it ain't broke...

Signal chain:

Bass>TB Edition Cream Pie>OC2>XBlender>Analogman Chorus>Atomic Echo Clone>Korg DT-10BK

In the XBlenders loop is Pickle Huge Fuzz>Crowther Prunes and Custard. As you can see, the board is powered by a Diago power supply, which is velcro'd to the back wall of the board on the underside. Just plug the power chord into the Diago and everything lights up :)

I want a Subdecay Prometheus on there (not sure which pedal would have to go), and the Echo Clone will be replaced by my Demeter Compulator, once I have bought the adaptor that will allow me to daisy chain it. There is a spare power outlet on the Daisy chain that isn't in use, so I may just take the tuner off the board and plug it in on the side, so I could get the Prometheus on there without having to lose anything.

[quote name='Higgie' post='529297' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:55 AM']Ok - I've gone from the PT mini seen here:

To this, the current band board:

Underside:

Ok so the underside is a bit messy, but it's all stable and works so if it ain't broke...

Signal chain:

Bass>TB Edition Cream Pie>OC2>XBlender>Analogman Chorus>Atomic Echo Clone>Korg DT-10BK

In the XBlenders loop is Pickle Huge Fuzz>Crowther Prunes and Custard. As you can see, the board is powered by a Diago power supply, which is velcro'd to the back wall of the board on the underside. Just plug the power chord into the Diago and everything lights up :)

I want a Subdecay Prometheus on there (not sure which pedal would have to go), and the Echo Clone will be replaced by my Demeter Compulator, once I have bought the adaptor that will allow me to daisy chain it. There is a spare power outlet on the Daisy chain that isn't in use, so I may just take the tuner off the board and plug it in on the side, so I could get the Prometheus on there without having to lose anything.[/quote]

That's an awesome board!

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Just incase anyone is wondering, the Pickle fuzz is a Big muff/Swollen pickle clone built by someone from TB which has a 4 way tone stack so you can have slightly different voicings of the tone knob including a Swollen Pickle tone control, a Big Muff one, one where the tone knob is off, and I'm not quite sure what the other mode does :)

The Atomic Echo Clone is the guts of a Way Huge Aqua Puss in a different box...Mmmm...Warm analog delay goodness :lol:

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='529613' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:17 PM']I just saw that over on TB. Nice board. Care to share?[/quote]

Not much else to share! :) I received the adaptor I was waiting for in the post, so the Echo Clone is now off the board, and my Demeter Compulator has replaced it. Not an always on thing, just to boost my sound a bit but keep it level when I'm slapping.

Selling a few bits, so not sure how it will end up.
any suggestions for a natural sounding overdrive that doesn't lose the bottom end(it sounds like a naturally driven valve head with 12" cab, not just a fuzz stuck on top)
closest I have found do far is Akima & Neos King Rocker Bass, but it needs a volume control!
[url="http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00097936"]http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do?ins...t_id=DS00097936[/url]
Boab

Heres my old board:

And my new one:

Presonus Comp > Helter Skelter > LBM > 535q > Amp (2 Channel + Channel Blend)

Same wooden board, just did some stencil crap to make it less boring. Quite a change from my old one. And a fair bit of room to use up on it too.

Not posted mine for a while, here it is:

Currently experimenting with the XXL and Supercollider in a blend loop off the main board. Lots of fun to play with, but low gain overdrive from the VT/BB is all I really need. Not really using the 442 much either, so it might come off for the XXL if I can squeeze it on there!

A little update...need to rewire it as it's so damn messy at the moment. I've basically replaced the Russian Big Muff with the Green Stache (whilst the Big Muff had sentimental value, the Green Stache is so good, less woolly, fewer unwanted harmonics, better low end and grittier than the BMs) and Blowtorch with the Mastotron.

I'm contemplating replacing my OC-3 but I'm not sure which octaver I'd replace it with, especially considering size restraints.

Edited by Muse_Cubed

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='543707' date='Jul 18 2009, 12:50 AM']Looking good man, good to hear the green stache is treating you well, if you ever get a chance try it on guitar, i almost kept it just for that, and i'd replace the oc-3 with an oc-2 if i were you[/quote]

I'm so glad I bought it! It sounds absolutely brutal when running my Warwick (via the Cream Pie) through it...love the grittiness.

I've heard that the OC-2 is better than the OC-3...would that honestly be the best option?