Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Toasted' post='551498' date='Jul 25 2009, 11:59 PM']It's not elite on TB if Toasted isn't included.[/quote]

Theres a maximum threshhold of eliteness, and you're above it, reassuringly.

[quote name='FenderAmpeg' post='551523' date='Jul 26 2009, 01:08 AM']Gotta ask, what does one have to do to get booted from the increasingly snarky TB?

Thanks[/quote]

Dont have to do very much, im a few points away from a ban on there.

[quote name='FenderAmpeg' post='551944' date='Jul 26 2009, 12:56 PM']Here are some older photos of two different versions, it has of course, changed a lot but I haven't taken any new ones yet.

Then

[/quote]

Very cool setup. It's nice to see more of those hardwire pedals popping up.

What's the signal chain?

[quote name='I am not excane' post='552246' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:30 PM']Very cool setup. It's nice to see more of those hardwire pedals popping up.

What's the signal chain?[/quote]

That time it was
TU-2>BBE Opto Stomp>LS-2
Loop 1 - OC-3>Nano Baseballs>Nano Small Stone>Messdrive Hybrid+>Pork Loin>Hardwire CR-7
Loop 2 - Digitech Bass Synth Wah>Fulltone Bassdrive>EHX SEM>Wolly Mammoth
Hardwire DL-8>EHX OD>Ampeg SVT4-Pro>Ampeg SVT 810E

Lots of loud, funky, fuzzy fun :)

Latest rendition.

Bassballs > Bogdan > Muff > M-88 > Small Clone > 535q > Presonus Comp > Tech 21 Landmark 300 (2 channel with blend)

Ive got a loop pedal i made aswell, once i get the patch leads ill be putting the 535q through it. Might put the m88 before the dirt.

Edited by WarPig

[quote name='WarPig' post='557147' date='Jul 31 2009, 06:32 AM']Latest rendition.

Bassballs > Bogdan > Muff > M-88 > Small Clone > 535q > Presonus Comp > Tech 21 Landmark 300 (2 channel with blend)

Ive got a loop pedal i made aswell, once i get the patch leads ill be putting the 535q through it. Might put the m88 before the dirt.[/quote]

I do believe I've seen that board before, I dig the look of the selfmade board. Always wanted to try some Bogdan stuff.

[quote name='FenderAmpeg' post='557883' date='Aug 1 2009, 04:29 PM']I do believe I've seen that board before, I dig the look of the selfmade board. Always wanted to try some Bogdan stuff.[/quote]

Cheers. Ill be making another soon, something lighter and easier to route the cables. You might have seen it on TB, where i occasionally post. That bogdan pedal is the best OD ive ever heard, if you ever get the chance to buy one...DO IT.

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='507346' date='Jun 7 2009, 11:55 AM']Welcome to the forum. There is no escape.

Very nice board you have there, how do you find the 00funk compared to other filters? I love my discumBOBulator but it's a tad on the subtle side for my uses, and doesn't have as much control as I'd like[/quote]

:) I forgot I posted my board here.
Well,the Agent is one crazy envelope,like the discumBObulator, it's really hard to control but once you know how to combine well your sound of your bass with the limits of the Agent,this is one great pedal for any board.

Since I am getting recruited to the Israeli army,i don't know if i will be able to add or replace pedals,so this is my latest pedalboard:

Edited by GilGB

Here's my newly rearranged board:

Signal comes in top-right: Sonic Research Turbo Tuner -> Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor -> Loooper (in Send/Return loop of NS-2)
Loooper loop 1: EHX Bass Big Muff Pi -> Boss DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Loooper loop 2: Moodysounds Hjärt Müller -> Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B
Loooper out (via Return for NS-2) -> Boss RC-20XL Loop Station -> Line6 Bass PODxt -> Tapco J800 power amp -> Barefaced Vintage

And obviously the FBV Express controls the POD.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='560909' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:34 AM']WTF is a Moodysounds Hjärt Müller?[/quote]

[url="http://moodysounds.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_15&products_id=2"]Build your own Swedish bass drive type thing[/url]

[quote name='cheddatom' post='560909' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:34 AM']That is a nice rig!!![/quote]
Ta. It's been building up over a good few years...

[quote name='cheddatom' post='560909' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:34 AM']On your looper, when you select both, is it A->B or A+B and if it's the latter do you get volume issues?[/quote]
Well, I never select "Both". It's actually on long-term loan from my guitarist. He's got a [url="http://woboge.com/boxes_proglooper.html"]Wobo Proglooper[/url] now, so the Loooper was sitting idle. If you switch "Both" on, it just connects the return from loop 1 to the send of loop 2, so it's 1 -> 2. He used to use it with drives in loop 1 and reverb/delay/crazy noisemakers in loop 2, which was quite nicely effective. If I switched on "Both"... well... structural devastation would probably ensue, especially if [i]everything[/i] in both loops was switched on. Two fuzzes, a drive and a distortion. Hmmmm. :) I just use the Loooper to switch from chunky drive (Hjärt Müller) to balls-out fuzz (Big Muff), then switch back over to the original loop (having switched Hjärt Müller off and Pickle Pie on) to get an even more balls-out fuzz sound from the Pickle Pie.

An extra problem with the "Both" option is that it doesn't have an LED, so there's no visual indication if you've switched it on accidentally. Easy to notice if you've got reverb/delay in one loop. If it's all dirt boxes like mine, it just sounds like poop, and there's no obvious reason why your rig sounds like poop.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='560909' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:34 AM']WTF is a Moodysounds Hjärt Müller?[/quote]
[url="http://moodysounds.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_15&products_id=2"]Behold![/url] It's a DIY kit for about £45. The demo video on the Moody site doesn't really do it justice. It's just a nice, crunchy drive (compared to the Pickle Pie, anyway!) that retains a lot of bottom.

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='cheddatom' post='560937' date='Aug 5 2009, 10:02 AM']Cool, I quite fancy a kit pedal.

RE the "both" option - you can never have enough dirt pedals on at once. It would have been better if it was a blend of the two though.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure a blend would be reasonably easy to do. If David at [url="http://www.loooper.com/"]Loooper[/url] was taking orders, he'd be able to do it, no problem. [url="http://redonionsolutions.co.uk/index.htm"]Red Onion[/url] could probably do it, and cheaply too.

Hmmm. I'm tempted by that thought now.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='560950' date='Aug 5 2009, 10:17 AM']Is it ridiculous of me to have "blended loop GAS"?

Actually, no. I had plectrum GAS a few weeks back...[/quote]

Plectrum GAS sounds like a serious psychological issue. Perhaps you need some therapy?