Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='561192' date='Aug 5 2009, 02:56 PM']Niiiiiice. But barefoot switching is surely a bit painful on the Wobo? :)

Have to ask... what's the signal chain?[/quote]

Haha yeah well I set it all up on my bed, so that's where I took the photo!

Okay, signal:

BASS > TU-2 > GEB-7 > MultiComp > M-80 > D.I. to F.O.H (Clean signal)
> Output to 105Q > WOBO > AMP
WOBO A: ODB-3 > CEB-3 > PHASE 90 > BF-3 > RF-1 > DD-6
WOBO B: OC-3 > G5 > BSW > UF-01 > BBM

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='561185' date='Aug 5 2009, 02:43 PM']I don't use the Flanger[/quote]

I use my flanger to help get a really nice synthy fuzz.

I use: Animato -> WM -> Flanger -> Phase 90

Give it a go, you may be able to work it into a song somewhere. Nice board, I just got a BSW in a trade and looking forward to using it at practice tonight.

[quote name='alexharvay' post='561221' date='Aug 5 2009, 03:25 PM']I use my flanger to help get a really nice synthy fuzz.

I use: Animato -> WM -> Flanger -> Phase 90

Give it a go, you may be able to work it into a song somewhere. Nice board, I just got a BSW in a trade and looking forward to using it at practice tonight.[/quote]

Cheers man, I will indeed give a similar combination a go when I next have time to get my board out. It sounds pretty weird running a Flanger through a Phaser though, must say.

Yeah the BSW is a fun pedal, nothing on it that I can't already cover, but some good sounds. Tbh I'll probs end up putting it on the board soon when I've got enough time to set it up.

It wasn't cheap when I got it, came from Canada and cost me about £150 in total with customs and everything. I've been watching them go on eBay lately, and they're reaching £80-120. Sign of the times maybe? I'm glad I've got it though...sounds like a bitch :)

Cheers.

Signal chain is:
LS-2 (mixes my bass and keys)-> Behringer Sansamp thingy-> XP-100 -> Micro Pog -> Soul Provider -> Bass Big Muff -> Boss OC-2 -> PH-2 -> "FUNK" Box (Dod 440 copy) -> Volume -> Carbon Copy -> Reel Echo -> Holy Grail.

And the FBV Express controls my Line6 Lowdown 750hd.

[quote name='Matty' post='564614' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:23 AM']Big update here.

Great fun :)
Sorry for the big lousy picture, only had my phone to take photo with...[/quote]

Nice board man

everyone's xp-100 is in better condition than mine.....

how come the guv'nor's off the board?

I should have an update on wednesday assuming my tri-mod phaser FINALLY gets here....never import anything from musictoyz, i've learnt the hard way

My camera is bost, so tacky phone pictures will have to do for now. This first one is my "essentials" board.

Chain goes; MultiComp
>SYB-5
> OC-2
> Blowtorch
> Analogue Filter
> Valcoder
> Carbon Copy
> Phase 90
> MXR M-80

And then this one is the fun board. Problem is, I cant actually afford to connect it all up yet...bad times.

Deep Impact
> Pichblack
> VFB-2
> Whammy
> Big Muff Pi
> Cream Pie
> Noise Box
> Wah
> Nano Bass Balls
> DOD Envelope Filter
> DOD Deep Freeze Chorus
> BF-2
> Memory Man
> BDI21

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='565605' date='Aug 11 2009, 01:38 AM']Nice board man

everyone's xp-100 is in better condition than mine.....

how come the guv'nor's off the board?

I should have an update on wednesday assuming my tri-mod phaser FINALLY gets here....never import anything from musictoyz, i've learnt the hard way[/quote]

My xp-100 has miostly been re coloured in with red sharpie...
And the treadle is seriously squeaky :)

The Guv'nor just doesnt get used.
I really really want to love it.
But i just don't.
:rolleyes:

Every time i change my board i try to get it on, but its no good.

Thinking of selling, but i don't know if i can bring myself to do it.

Right, finally got my first pedal board together, rather than just having some pedals on the floor so to speak...

Here it is...

Boss TU-2 Tuner ->
Ashdown Lomenzo Bass Hyperdrive ->
Boss Bass Flanger BF-2B ->
Boss Bass Chorus ->
EHX Bass Micro Synth XO ->
Boss Digital Delay DD-3

All mounted on a Pedaltrain 2, powered by a Diago Power Station (Except for Micro Synth). Kirlin Patch Cables used throughout (with the exception of one, soon to be replaced!)

Looking to add a second DD-3 or a DD-6 to the end after having a play with 2 together last week... amazing :-)

Cheers guys.

I've got a question for you all that's been nagging at me...

I'm powering all of this using a boss transformer that's connected to the Boss Tuner, and from there, I have DaisyChain-age (2) that feed all the other pedals.

a mate has brought it to my attention that the DC out of the Tuner shouldnt feed more than 200mA, and at the moment its feeding a lot more than that as you can see below.

what are your thoughts on this?

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='558829' date='Aug 2 2009, 11:16 PM'][/quote]

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='567362' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:01 PM']Right, finally got my first pedal board together, rather than just having some pedals on the floor so to speak...

Here it is...

Boss TU-2 Tuner ->
Ashdown Lomenzo Bass Hyperdrive ->
Boss Bass Flanger BF-2B ->
Boss Bass Chorus ->
EHX Bass Micro Synth XO ->
Boss Digital Delay DD-3

All mounted on a Pedaltrain 2, powered by a Diago Power Station (Except for Micro Synth). Kirlin Patch Cables used throughout (with the exception of one, soon to be replaced!)

Looking to add a second DD-3 or a DD-6 to the end after having a play with 2 together last week... amazing :-)

Cheers guys.[/quote]

If you get a Gigrig virtual battery you will be able to daisy chain that Micro Synth

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='567690' date='Aug 13 2009, 09:42 AM']I've got a question for you all that's been nagging at me...

I'm powering all of this using a boss transformer that's connected to the Boss Tuner, and from there, I have DaisyChain-age (2) that feed all the other pedals.

a mate has brought it to my attention that the DC out of the Tuner shouldnt feed more than 200mA, and at the moment its feeding a lot more than that as you can see below.

what are your thoughts on this?[/quote]
Lawks. I'd have thought that lot would be drawing much more than 200mA, what with the Headrush in there. Stuff like digital delays and loopers tends to pull a lot of current. If there's genuinely a 200mA limit on the supply, that means you'll eventually either fry the power supply (or the tuner that's acting as a power-thru connection) or it'll have to drop the voltage supply to compensate. That means everything is getting less than 9V, so things might get noisy or unclear, and (speaking from experience with my Unibass) the switching on the Akai might get unreliable if it's not getting fed the full 9V.

IMO, get something like a 1-Spot, which can supply about 1700mA, and daisychain from that, not through the tuner. That's what I do, and it all works nicely.

AFAIK It doesn't matter what the pedal says it can output, if your PSU can supply enough current for the board, it doesn't matter if it goes in and out of your Tuner. If you're worried about it there are plenty of daisy chain adaptors which will fit the end of your PSU plug instead of having to come out of a pedal.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='567729' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:09 AM']AFAIK It doesn't matter what the pedal says it can output, if your PSU can supply enough current for the board, it doesn't matter if it goes in and out of your Tuner. If you're worried about it there are plenty of daisy chain adaptors which will fit the end of your PSU plug instead of having to come out of a pedal.[/quote]

The Daisychains I use have a connector that I can Hook up to the Power Supply straight out, so I might try that... dunno why I chose to get the tuner distributing... simply cause the option was there I guess.

As for the 200mA, the headrush alone takes a 160mA Slice.