Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

39 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Thanks! Yes, it's similar to IMA's board. In fact I emailed him today to ask about his Stomp FS4/5 switch - and he emailed back! It's http://www.pedalnetics.com/ if anyone else has struggled to find it. You're correct too about the P&P, Jack did say he thought it plays well with the Noble. He also told me he thought the Noble and the Cali are the dream team - I have to admit it's a cracking pairing, especially with a P Bass. Just that elusive Doom2 to go! Next batch is December - fingers crossed I can bag one.

Good luck on the next Doom 2 drop! I accidentally stumbled onto the Doom 2 because I love a cartoon called Frisky Dingo that the title references. At the time my pedalboard had a lot of MXR and BOSS pedals, all of which I loved, but that got me into boutique pedals in a big way. It has a lot to answer for!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lunoxx said:

What brand is the pedalboard? Looks like the perfect size for the project I have in mind

It's a Mono small. Very sturdy and better made than my old Pedaltrains. 

Details below:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/guitar-pedals/pedalboards/mono-pedalboard-small-black-ppfx-pb-s-blkx-1

5 hours ago, Lord Summerisle said:

IMG_7884.jpeg

… this is quite literally a board with pedals on 👍🏼.

I often think I could make my own but have fallen down the hole/trap of liking having bags come with the boards (hence I’ve gone down the Pedaltrain route).

Maybe one day, I have access to some nice old mahogany slabs and a 3D CNC router, mmm 🤔 

Edited by jimbobothy

45 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

… this is quite literally a board with pedals on 👍🏼.

I often think I could make my own but have fallen down the hole/trap of liking having bags come with the boards (hence I’ve gone down the Pedaltrain route).

Maybe one day, I have access to some nice old mahogany slabs and a 3D CNC router, mmm 🤔 

It’s actually a Diago hard cased pedalboard, protects my pedals far better than a board in a bag would. This has fallen out of a car onto the road with no damage to any pedals.

IMG_7885.jpeg

50 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

Pray tell, your signal chain please :) 

Sure...

There's a GigRig Cinco-Cinco patch bay at the right side and I currently have it wired up for just one in and one out; I use EBS Flats.

Also underneath is a CIOKS DC-7 power supply and a Neuro MIDI adapter for the C4.

The Microbass 3 is the hub of the board and its input and output are wired to the Cinco-Cinco.

The Microbass 3's Fx loop connects to either end of the Quartermaster and 4 of its loops are connected:

1. C4
  2. MP-40
  3. SS-11
  4. HX Stomp

The Quartermaster serves several purposes:

• It takes the effects out of circuit when not in use; in particular the HX Stomp changes the sound even on "bypass".
  • It allows effects settings to be changed silently (ie. when they're switched out).
  • The on/off switch is easily accessible and the LEDs are easy to see.

There are a couple of supplementary controls there:

1. The Morningstar MC6 (bought from Thorpy) connects MIDI via the Nuro Hub to the C4, as the one button simply isn't enough. The unit's physical area is fine, but I'd prefer it wasn't quite so tall on the board; maybe there'll be something come along in due course (I think the newer one with colour display is still tall).
  2. Alongside the HX Stomp is a Ninja Fox two-button switch which connects to the TRS expression jack input and I have set to do up/down on the Stomp.

The 5th switch on the Quartermaster is a custom on/off a previous owner had (which I haven't found a use for) and the 6th one is probably to connect to a second patch bay (Cinco-Cinco or similar) to go to a second pedalboard with extra effects (I like the EH "9" range).

Overall, I'm happy with the units there, but I do need to spend some quality time programming them. (I don't recall who was next to me at the Bass Bash, but he had some rather nice patches on his C4.)

The Microbass 3 is a GREAT pedal, but I do wish they'd done two clean channels rather than the 2nd one being drive; I've tried using my Rickenbacker in stereo there, but the second channel just plain sin't as good. (They do the Stanley Clarke acoustic bass one, so maybe one day...)

I think I also need to run over them with a duster! 🙂

Edited by prowla
  • Like 3

Man, that's a totally cool setup!!!  Thank you very much for an outstanding run through :) 

4 hours ago, prowla said:
  • It takes the effects out of circuit when not in use; in particular the HX Stomp changes the sound even on "bypass".

Ok - that's an interesting point.  Back in the day (like 20 years back in the day), I started on the original kidney bean POD and I loved the sounds, but it messed with my tone even when absolutely nothing was engaged.  I'd have thought that by now, Line 6 would have figured out what uncoloured tone means!

• Like 2

Put together a couple of pedalboards over the last couple of days:

A kinda secondary ‘fly-board’ to my main board:

72B4A95A-6014-4129-87B0-CCA81B3668F1.thumb.jpeg.506d7bfc3aa1250990aca8e84a2cad5a.jpeg

This is somewhat in flux as I figure out the spacing and what I can manage to fit. The OC2 will likely change for an MXR Octave Deluxe, love the OC2 for recording, but for live use, the MXR is huge sounding. The Flashback has a Chorus toneprint on it, my OCD would like a Corona Chorus in there (or some other 1590a bass chorus perhaps, basically not a ‘Delay’ pedal), but it would just be chucking money after something to do exactly the same sound haha. The COG 66 will almost certainly be swapped for a Fuzz, and pretty sure I can fit a 1590B pedal there, so plenty of choice.