Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

51 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

I’m really loving the EAE and Lusithand gear, amazing quality. Everything I’ve tried just brings another something to the table. It’s just a shame I can’t fit everything on my board!

Next up I want a Lusithand preamp and Turner pickups for a @funkle inspired (not so) budget Wal style bass. 

New video coming soon…just editing it now…sorry for the delay!

• Thanks 1

On 01/09/2023 at 11:09, Woodinblack said:

I always found phasers to be a bit weak on basses. I love them on guitars, but on the bass they seem often a bit passive.

I have one of these (slightly different branding but same foot logo, lots of variations out there), it's surprisingly effective for pedal tech nearly 50 years old...

icoo8o0j73nljjf0yplk.jpg

• Like 1

388F7515-B7A8-438E-94BF-38D58CE12699.thumb.JPG.7386ef369a389d7a61f09586f3b0132f.JPG

I dont have a problem........moding the bottom nyc big muff tomorrow and probs gonna through on my Grey stache which is arriving tomorrow! also have a Fig Fumb v2 from stone deaf incoming aswell so just trying to find a third muff sound, as i have a mid range drive with the Bongripper and low gain muff with the cosmic trigger want a big solo sound which is a big more controlled than the Black emperor which is just an all out massive fuzz sound! also have a new vibrato pedal coming tomorrow which will be going into take the place of the ps-3 so it can go back to being a weird reverse noise making machine again, and with the parallel BDPG the Vib will give me a nice chorus

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

IMG_0790.thumb.jpeg.53c358a933936b2600af94f07c5035c9.jpeg

IMG_0791.thumb.jpeg.4be9dbdd23fbdeb26a3d8dcdbd24c294.jpeg

some new bits turned up today, the dirtfixer is very cool and a great upstage to the blooper. Torn between the stone deaf or the grey stache I’ve got 

Let us know your thoughts on the fig thumb... I've been intrigued about it for a while .

👍

• Like 1

… so inspired by Mr. Chew’s Broughton board I decided to add to my 2 Aguilar pedals (an Octamizer and Filter Twin) the rest ha ha.

0EF1DD6B-C438-4DB4-8F58-EC0024ED09D2.thumb.jpeg.de794a7ca1ab76c73b658e1f09cd8eb3.jpeg

9D9271EE-1446-4BB3-8E63-7D25ED2A45EB.thumb.jpeg.14d8c484b89f3ed929e8dd3d692ea78c.jpeg

I know it’s not patched and powered yet (will be using Evidence Audio SiS patch leads and either a Cioks DC7 or 8-Way daisy with a Xotic voltage doubler on the end).

Had an issue with the last piece in the puzzle (Fuzzistor) as one from retailer 1 was slightly damaged, went to retailer 2 today to pick up another one and the paint on the unit was of a particularly low standard, odd, AND AND AND the Fuzzistor logo had a TM after it (whereas the first one has an R, same as the others). My OCDness (at least for this exercise/vision) would find this difference even more annoying than a small amount of damage. 

Oh dear 😳😊

• Like 7

1 minute ago, jimbobothy said:

I decided to add to my 2 Aguilar pedals (an Octamizer and Filter Twin) the rest ha ha.

0EF1DD6B-C438-4DB4-8F58-EC0024ED09D2.thumb.jpeg.de794a7ca1ab76c73b658e1f09cd8eb3.jpeg

9D9271EE-1446-4BB3-8E63-7D25ED2A45EB.thumb.jpeg.14d8c484b89f3ed929e8dd3d692ea78c.jpeg

That’s great! I really like how clean it is. I’m worried about the answer if I ask how you got them lined up so straight? A ruler?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An update to my board, a Digitech Drop was delivered today! This will cover the 4-5 songs we do in Eb, plus the one with an octave. I haven't stuck it down or tidied the cables yet... there's one plug left on my (battery powered) daisy chain. I'm thinking that probably needs to be used, right?

Any suggestions for a nano pedal on the top row? Maybe a delay just so I can play Pneuma by Tool? 😁

20231005_002231.jpg

Edited by RussFM
  • Like 4

I'm going to ask a fairly simple question, for which I'm sure, there'll be myriad answers.. 

I've used pedals for years. I've had huge boards (3 chorus pedals for 3 settings) and tiny (my current iteration). I see a lot of "tonight's setup for a funk gig" or "put this together for a rock covers gig". 

I guess my question is this: is this a new norm or an old concept, to put together a board based on the application thereof, instead of a board with one's favourite effects? 

Genuinely interested to hear your points of view. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

I guess my question is this: is this a new norm or an old concept, to put together a board based on the application thereof, instead of a board with one's favourite effects? 

I always thought it was a great way for pedal addicts getting around the “no room on my board” problem and justify feeding their addiction…. 

• Haha 1