Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

56 minutes ago, TeresaFR said:

What are the two that appear to be doing black ops stuff? Or is that top secret above-my-paygrade stinky poo?

A Need to know basis init! 😉...

Just a couple of clones, Darkglass AO and a Keely delay 👍

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 1

Few tweaks, got the midi baby 3 added, popped my Cioks4 under to power the Dwarf. Was in a rush so needs some tidying!

IMG_6812.thumb.jpeg.bf6e1c7dfec3d88ef34cfd7e9ae639ab.jpeg

IMG_6813.thumb.jpeg.07c926d5342e02d5be069b29b1fec0f7.jpeg

Need some more cables but once I get it fixed I'm thinking of making a raiser and putting the EAE Model FeT, Longsword and Halberd on the top row with the correct orientation had considered fitting on a mini expression pedal but will probably have it wired up to the Rockboard mod patchbay so I can quickly add it on if needed. 

• Like 5

On 13/06/2023 at 20:21, PaulThePlug said:

Micro...

Joyo Irontune (Mute) > Joyo Orange Juice Amp Sim

Micro.thumb.jpg.3d6d17f58a952931afdb73b91b2dc84c.jpg

Needs one of those flat patch leads...

...looks like i'm gonna need a bigger board... </Jaws>

To make up for, or detract from, my rather bassic(!) and rudimentary playing - plus being a big Hawkwind fan - I likes a bit of 'movement'...

Chorus was cheap and sounds really nice and subtle... so tracked down the matching Phaser...

20230807_203043_resized.thumb.jpg.4499341ff381df60767c9c0fd6e50505.jpg

Boss Mimics me thinks? with the addition of Level to the 2 Pot CE, and 3 Pot PHr (Resonance) variant of the original 2 Pot PH

I had the Amdek Kit Versions in the 80s. Shame they are long gone.

20230807_203017_resized.thumb.jpg.0d2a48c217561f73a05f954578b52a04.jpg

Even small 2 rail pedal boards are tall at 13cm but biggest problem is too much gap... just to show how small they are compared to a normal size pedal

20230807_203142_resized.thumb.jpg.6e253ad4f8450ef87244b536d6d954de.jpg

Still got to sort a big of wood or ally plate 25cm 10" ish x 10cm 4" ish

Any other ideas for a board?... might do some skip-raiding for odds 'n ideas.

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Few tweaks, got the midi baby 3 added, popped my Cioks4 under to power the Dwarf. Was in a rush so needs some tidying!

IMG_6812.thumb.jpeg.bf6e1c7dfec3d88ef34cfd7e9ae639ab.jpeg

IMG_6813.thumb.jpeg.07c926d5342e02d5be069b29b1fec0f7.jpeg

Need some more cables but once I get it fixed I'm thinking of making a raiser and putting the EAE Model FeT, Longsword and Halberd on the top row with the correct orientation had considered fitting on a mini expression pedal but will probably have it wired up to the Rockboard mod patchbay so I can quickly add it on if needed. 

I count 11 power outputs for 7 pedals! 

10 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I count 11 power outputs for 7 pedals! 

Technically however I'm running a current doubler for the Mod Dwarf as it's 12v and fairly ambiguous as to it's power requirements. I have had it running off a single 500ma output but made me feel a little uneasy!

I also figured as I had the C4 kicking about I may as well use it, got one more pedal to add hopefully soon! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Any other ideas for a board?

I've made three boards of various sizes using the plastic fascia/interior windowsill type plastic strips. Easy to cut, simple to glue together and I cover mine in black gaffa tape. Lightweight and none have let me down so far.

DSCG9523.JPG.f552381fe0c0728e4115921cc7a0364e.JPG

DSCG0290-1-2.thumb.jpg.13cd5ea75413589fa929171dba825589.jpg

• Like 3

Posting about my pedalboard last week reminded me I had another that needed finishing... and here it is! It's another battery-powered board, using the same Erbauer drill battery, but a much smaller 9v regulator. It will get used with my Fender acoustic bass and various mandolin family instruments. The VE-8 provides chorus, EQ, reverb, looper, DI and USB interface - as well as a bunch of vocal stuff.

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8855.jpeg

Edited by Rosie C
  • Like 8

IMG_0938.thumb.jpeg.a5caf8fcad9ac0c7149abc9d84dc79dd.jpeg

THE CMC PROTO TYPE is magical - it’s based on the WH RED LLAMA, and it splits the input signal in half. The one half stays untouched the other half enters the drive circuit.

In my opinion one has the opportunity to manipulate the triangle sound of the OC2 (or, in this case the t47) both very detailed and aesthetically very satisfying! The resulting Sound is super coherent, which is crucial to me!

I seriously am excited, more than I have been in years, no shi… 🙂👌

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

@Rosie C - the VE8 looks like a cool piece of kit! Are you singing as well as playing bass?

Have you used any other vocal harmony pedals before landing on the Boss?

Sort of - I'm still working on singing while playing bass. I'm much better singing while playing mandolin.

I've not used any other harmony pedals, that wasn't the main reason I went with the VE-8. I liked that I could have my mic and instrument into the same unit, and could then drive my IEMs with a mix of the two.

There's a lot of things I do like - the vocal and guitar "enhancement" works really well. The looper is pretty good and it has a memory bank so I can store settings for different songs or instruments. There's a built in chorus and tuner, so that removes the need for a couple of other pedals. It's reasonably programmable - I can set how it starts up, and what comes out the of stereo XLRs. I've just added an external switch pedal to make controlling the looper easier, as you can configure what the external switches control. 

On the down side, while I've read good reviews of the vocal harmony, I've not had particularly good results so far (with a mandocello signal) - it sounds artificial. Also it's a shame though that there isn't a Mac/PC application to manage all the settings stored in the memory, rather than twiddling buttons to do everything.

Edited by Rosie C
  • Like 1

I've lost count of how many variations this board has had, but here's the latest...

Changed the hotone ampero II stomp out for a Markbass Vintage pre. The Hotone is a fantastic bit of kit, but I'm in a permanent love/hate relationship with digital stuff, and I'm currently on the wrong side of it. That, and option paralysis is a big thing for me; if I can tweak, I will forever question my decisions on which setting is better.

Was also sick of standing at an expression pedal, so thought I'd bring back the tap tempo for the C4 instead of the hotone soul press ii for the ampero stomp. Still doesn't seem the most accurate, but we'll see.

Time wi tell on the markbass. Sounds good through headphones, but I'm not convinced it's my flavour of analogue at this point...

20230812_023331.thumb.jpg.4120bd0ea428e9a9f4eb9377ddf6fd16.jpg

• Like 3

At the moment I am in the process of a complete rearrangement of my pedal setup, which is part of my "amp-less" setup, but this is how it most likely is going to end up (I have used an online pedal board organizing app to do this, it was lacking some of my pedals, so I have used the ones that had the closest resemblance to the actual pedals of mine missing, and numbered those, so I could list what they represent):

AAAPedalBoardFuture110823numbers.thumb.png.2904232d1787c2e8fcb7e3f7fe5e0375.png

1 : Danelectro FAB Metal

2: EHX Black Finger

3: HoTone Trem

4: Mosky Black Rat

5: Mosky XP Booster (secured under the pedal board)

6: XVive Undulator (secured under the pedal board)

7: Monarch MFL-22 Stereo Flanger

8: Joyo Oxford Sound

9: ART Tube MP Project Series (the picture doesn't resemble this ART tube preamp at all, other than by approximate size)

10: Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser (this is a picture of the correct pedal, just partially covered by a pedal that is to be secured under the board)

11: Zoom B1Xon

My entire signal chain explained in written form  (currently in the process of rearranging my setup, following is the most likely outcome) :

(*pedals listed in [ red/bold/underline text ] are "always on" effects*)

4 string 28.6" scale Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass (equipped with an EMG Geezer Butler P pickup, and strung with Elixir Nanoweb coated nickel-plated roundwound hex steel core guitar strings, gauge .068 - .052 - .038 - .028, tuned in tenor bass, A standard, tuning, that is as the 4 upper strings of a 6 string bass in regular B standard tuning) ->

->> XVive Undulator (tremolo pedal, but never actually engaged and used exclusively for its great buffer) ->> EHX Black Finger (tube driven optical compressor, with 2 preamp tubes operating at proper high 300V plate voltage, mainly used as a tube preamp stage, driven to just at the edge of the tubes's breakup point, but with some very subtle compression dialed in as well) ->> TC Electronic Sub'N'Up Mini (used exclusively for an 1 octave up effect, delivered by a custom made Toneprint, dialed in to mimic an 8 string bass/12 string guitar, to fill out more sonic space, mostly used in conjunction with my high gain distortion setup) ->> DigiTech FreqOut (feedback generator) ->> Boss LS-2 [A+B Mix <-> Bypass] (parallel effect loops mixer/switch) ={ [Loop A Send] ->> Monarch MFL-22 Stereo Flanger (sometimes stacked into the HoTone tremolo in front of it, and always mixed with either clean signal or the Behringer phaser from parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> HoTone Trem (tremolo, sometimes used with the Monarch Stereo Flanger behind it stacked into it, and always mixed with either clean signal, or sometimes the Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser, from parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> [Loop A Return] ->|+|<- [Loop B Send] ->> Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser (clone of the original big box EHX Small Stone phaser, used with Color switch engaged for deep sweep and high resonance/feedback, and always mixed with the Monarch MFL-22 Stereo Flanger from parallel effects [Loop A]) ->> [Loop B Return] ([Loop A] + [Loop B] mixed at an approximate 50/50 ratio) => [LS-2 Output] }=>->> Boss LS-2 [A+B Mix <-> Bypass] (parallel effect loops mixer/switch) ={ [Loop A Send] ->> Mosky Black Rat (RAT clone, in Turbo RAT, LED diode clipping, mode, quite raunchy, fuzz-esque, high gain distortion, always used mixed with the {Orange Juice -> Metal Zone} from parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz (Boss FZ-2/Univox Superfuzz clone, octave fuzz, always mixed with either clean signal, or {Orange Juice -> Metal Zone}, from parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> [Loop A Return] ->|+|<- [Loop B Send] ->> Joyo Orange Juice (Orange amp like overdrive, dialed in to deliver a low gain overdrive, always used stacked into the Boss Metal Zone in front of it, and mixed with the Mosky Black RAT from parallel effects [Loop A]) ->> Boss MT-2 Metal Zone (distortion, dialed in at a rather moderate gain setting, always used with the Orange Juice behind it stacked into it, and always mixed with either the Mosky Black Rat, or sometimes the Behringer Super Fuzz, from parallel effects [Loop A]) ->> [Loop B Return] ([Loop A] + [Loop B] mixed at an approximate 50/50 ratio) => [LS-2 Output] }=>->> Zoom B1Xon (used predominantly as reverb unit, with various different reverb patches, including the always on {very subtle Plate Reverb -> subtle Spring Reverb} reverb patch that is part of my basic "clean" tone, and an extremely thick, lush reverb patch, used as a pad effect with volume swells from the build in expression pedal, though also used for a couple of additional effects, including a prominent "wah" pedal patch and a trippy reverse delay patch) ->> Danelectro Fab Metal (post reverb high gain distortion, often used stacked into the Orange Juice in front of it) ->> Joyo Orange Juice (post reverb medium gain distortion) ->> Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay (clone of the Boss DM-3 Analog Delay) ->> NUX Tape Core Deluxe (amazing digital emulation of the legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo tape delay) ->> NUX (NBP-5) Melvin Lee Davis Bass Preamp + DI  (loaded with a digitally emulated Aguilar Tone Hammer amp, and an Ampeg SVT-212AV IR cab simulation, with a subtle low gain overdrive blended in at a 50/50 clean/drive ratio) ->

->> ART Tube MP Project Series (tube preamp and DI, with build in HPF, fixed @40Hz -12dB/Oct, engaged, tube driven to just on the verge of breakup point->

// ->> Band rehearsal/jamming/gigging  // ->> Home practice // ->> Home recordings //  : 

// ->> Band rehearsal/jamming/gigging ->> Effects Return (poweramp input) of a Peavey Solo Special 112 (160W combo amp, with the build in speaker disconnect and instead hooked up to a passive PA speaker) ->> The Box PA 502 (passive full range flat frequency response PA speaker with 1x 15"  woofer/mids driver + 1.7" high frequency tweeter horn) // ->> Home practice  ->> The T.Mix Mix 502 (mixer) ->> Sennheiser HD 380 Pro (studio grade, that is FRFR, headphones) // ->> Home recordings ->> M-Audio Fast Track (audio interface) ->> Reaper (DAW) //

And this is what my temporary setup looks like currently, until I have the full setup proper pedal board sorted again:

image.thumb.png.1f62c53bf26bdc21c249603e13ab02ce.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2

Still working on this. I think I will have to move to my bigger Board as there are still a couple of other pedals, I want on it, including a delay and a looper.

But so far all this is powered from a Cioks DC7 using some splitter cables.

And I haven’t got a fuzz pedal on this yet. My Morley fuzz power wah is one of the older large versions, so that just goes on the floor if I need it.

I’m still thinking about swapping the C4 for a Boss SY – 1 just for ease of use. The C4 is very powerful, but it really does need laptop control a lot of the time.

IMG_6585.jpeg

Edited by fretmeister
  • Like 2

On 12/08/2023 at 12:30, Baloney Balderdash said:

At the moment I am in the process of a complete rearrangement of my pedal setup, which is part of my "amp-less" setup, but this is how it most likely is going to end up (I have used an online pedal board organizing app to do this, it was lacking some of my pedals, so I have used the ones that had the closest resemblance to the actual pedals of mine missing, and numbered those, so I could list what they represent):

AAAPedalBoardFuture110823numbers.thumb.png.2904232d1787c2e8fcb7e3f7fe5e0375.png

1 : Danelectro FAB Metal

2: EHX Black Finger

3: HoTone Trem

4: Mosky Black Rat

5: Mosky XP Booster (secured under the pedal board)

6: XVive Undulator (secured under the pedal board)

7: Monarch MFL-22 Stereo Flanger

8: Joyo Oxford Sound

9: ART Tube MP Project Series (the picture doesn't resemble this ART tube preamp at all, other than by approximate size)

10: Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser (this is a picture of the correct pedal, just partially covered by a pedal that is to be secured under the board)

11: Zoom B1Xon

Hi, what’s the organiser-app you used? Hugely interested to re-organise my overcrowded pedal board. Grtz, Marc. 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 08:46, Adee said:

Same here @thisisswanbon been using a Line 6 PodGo Wireless and like you just want some analogue simplicity, the EBS sounded good at practice, time will tell ….

IMG_6298.thumb.jpeg.fba5ca83288b167589ac61086f581c16.jpeg

Definitely can't beat a simple analogue rig... mines not quite as simple, and I'm pretty envious of that! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Still working on this. I think I will have to move to my bigger Board as there are still a couple of other pedals, I want on it, including a delay and a looper.

But so far all this is powered from a Cioks DC7 using some splitter cables.

And I haven’t got a fuzz pedal on this yet. My Morley fuzz power wah is one of the older large versions, so that just goes on the floor if I need it.

I’m still thinking about swapping the C4 for a Boss SY – 1 just for ease of use. The C4 is very powerful, but it really does need laptop control a lot of the time.

IMG_6585.jpeg

Mind me asking what you use the ultrawave for, Fretmeister? 

I love the stock gated fuzz setting, but past that I struggle with this one