Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

2 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

They do the job, but don't seem as durable as the ernie ball patch cables I've got.

I've used stagg and donner patch leads as well, same goes for them.

Those pancake style ones aren't my preference - even though they're flat, they are quite wide and can be a problem with close together sockets, like on boss pedals. My LS2 for instance has 3 cables going out of each side, wouldn't work with most flat cables.

My gigrig atom is in for an upgrade, so just went with this simple set up at rehearsal tonight instead of fuzzes and delays and verbs.... I've only just recently reacquired the XXL. I absolutely love it. Wonderfully filthy distortion. Don't see many around these days...shame. I love it. 

DSC_1929.thumb.JPG.d566eef6c1c109f3ecc6fde41d2cb30b.JPG

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

My gigrig atom is in for an upgrade, so just went with this simple set up at rehearsal tonight instead of fuzzes and delays and verbs.... I've only just recently reacquired the XXL. I absolutely love it. Wonderfully filthy distortion. Don't see many around these days...shame. I love it. 

DSC_1929.thumb.JPG.d566eef6c1c109f3ecc6fde41d2cb30b.JPG

I’ve owned two of these in the past. You’re right, it’s a great pedal!

• Like 2

I finally got around to wiring up my all-minis pedalboard. I wanted to see if I could replicate the majority of the functionality of my do-everything big board. A reverb, looper and DI are the missing pieces but I’m happy with the result and, because the boards are tiny, it would be easy to make them modular.

F1C3EC7F-905E-4D09-9D02-35FB3147138A.thumb.jpeg.e8e92f001e9711e637a617144db96de6.jpeg

D522D71E-92B5-4B40-A26C-3C73C6FBE144.thumb.jpeg.b10e60f29105ea36f4522ad6f1e419a7.jpeg

Signal chain: signal cleaner (under board) > tuner > compressor > transformer (under board) > octave > OD/distortion > fuzz > filter > synth > chorus > flanger > phaser > delay

• Like 7

4 hours ago, admiralchew said:

I finally got around to wiring up my all-minis pedalboard. I wanted to see if I could replicate the majority of the functionality of my do-everything big board. A reverb, looper and DI are the missing pieces but I’m happy with the result and, because the boards are tiny, it would be easy to make them modular.

F1C3EC7F-905E-4D09-9D02-35FB3147138A.thumb.jpeg.e8e92f001e9711e637a617144db96de6.jpeg

D522D71E-92B5-4B40-A26C-3C73C6FBE144.thumb.jpeg.b10e60f29105ea36f4522ad6f1e419a7.jpeg

Signal chain: signal cleaner (under board) > tuner > compressor > transformer (under board) > octave > OD/distortion > fuzz > filter > synth > chorus > flanger > phaser > delay

I don’t think you’d have space for it but the Hotone IR cab sim pedal which is also a mini (similar to the Mooer Radar) would be the perfect compliment to add IR/DI out as an option. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krispn said:

I don’t think you’d have space for it but the Hotone IR cab sim pedal which is also a mini (similar to the Mooer Radar) would be the perfect compliment to add IR/DI out as an option. 

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn’t aware of that and it looks great!

I’m heading to a practice room tonight so I thought I could manage without a cab sim today but that’s a good shout. I have a Shiftline Cabzone Bass that has a similar function so I may give that a whirl too.

1 hour ago, admiralchew said:

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn’t aware of that and it looks great!

I’m heading to a practice room tonight so I thought I could manage without a cab sim today but that’s a good shout. I have a Shiftline Cabzone Bass that has a similar function so I may give that a whirl too.

The shift line looks pretty good! And it that the LBA transformer hiding underneath? Nice find! I’ve been on the lookout for one of those for a while!

2 hours ago, krispn said:

The shift line looks pretty good! And it that the LBA transformer hiding underneath? Nice find! I’ve been on the lookout for one of those for a while!

Yep, that’s the LBA transformer. I think I got quite lucky with it in that I read that they’ve now been discontinued. Hopefully that’s just in their current form though. I ordered directly from LBA and, had it not been held up for a month in customs, it would have been pretty straightforward to get. It also doesn’t need dedicated power (it has only the instrument cable connections) so it’s great to keep under the board.

31 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

Yep, that’s the LBA transformer. I think I got quite lucky with it in that I read that they’ve now been discontinued. Hopefully that’s just in their current form though. I ordered directly from LBA and, had it not been held up for a month in customs, it would have been pretty straightforward to get. It also doesn’t need dedicated power (it has only the instrument cable connections) so it’s great to keep under the board.

what's it for? decoupling the instrument? 

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

what's it for? decoupling the instrument? 

It’s just meant to add transformer saturation to the tone. I’m yet to play with it too much but I think it likes being zapped with a decent amount of gain from the pedal before. I use a compressor with a transformer as part of my desktop set up so, as part of trying to replicate some of that sound in miniature, I thought I would try a transformer in line on this board after the compressor.

• Thanks 1

Richy Titchy Pedalboard v2.0 currently in progress... the wood is assembled but I can't decide whether to go with black paint or just varnish. It's only scrappy bits of pine so TBH I'm leaning towards black. I wish I'd had some nice scrap wood to hand, a mahogany pedalboard would have been really cool.

pedal board v2.0 wood.jpg

• Like 3