Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

ok, here's the board for the gig with [url="http://www.myspace.com/quantumbeats"]quantum beats[/url] this weekend in preston.

not the best pic, but the phone cable was already plugged into the lappy.

it's...

boss tuner >> ebs bass iq >> ebs multicomp >> boss syb-3 >> pearl octaver >> mxr micro amp >> mxr blowtorch >> ebs microbass (small stone in the fx loop).

sounds amazing - the multicomp and bass iq are recent acquisitions...i'm very pleased with both.

\m/ ¬`¬ \m/

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='ahpook' post='456965' date='Apr 7 2009, 11:35 PM']ok, here's the board for the gig with [url="http://www.myspace.com/quantumbeats"]quantum beats[/url] this weekend in preston.

not the best pic, but the phone cable was already plugged into the lappy.

it's...

boss tuner >> ebs bass iq >> ebs multicomp >> boss syv-3 >> pearl octaver >> mxr micro amp >> mxr blowtorch >> ebs microbass (small stone in the fx loop).

sounds amazing - the multicomp and bass iq are recent acquisitions...i'm very pleased with both.

\m/ ¬`¬ \m/[/quote]

What's a boss syv-3? Can't tell from the pic.

[quote name='Alfie' post='442456' date='Mar 23 2009, 03:23 PM']I've completed my last pedal build for the foreseeable future... "The Compressor", basically its an orange squeezer. I have also recently built the "This Belongs in a Museum", which is a LPB.

[/quote]

The finish on your cover drive pedal is amazing.

I want one!

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='457082' date='Apr 8 2009, 08:52 AM']So, what about these days then Alex? Still using many pedals?[/quote]

It's been a long journey! Started out with a Zoom 506. Then added a Trace Elliott Dual Compressor. Then a Dunlop Crybaby 105Q. Then a Boss BE5-B which I got thrown in with my '87 Warwick:

My memory gets a little woolly after that. Have owned a Lovetone Meatball, EBS Octabass, EH Big Muff, Voodoo Lab Superfuzz, Voodoo Lab Sparkledrive, EB Vol Pedal, EB Vol Pedal Jr, EBS BassIQ, Akai Deep Impact (won the first, bought the second cheap as a back-up), Akai Unibass, Line 6 DL4, Boss Flanger, MXR Phase 90, Fulltone Bassdrive.

When I started singing I realised I couldn't operate that board whilst leading the band so I broke it down and sold various pedals - think I came out on top due to various choice items being discontinued. Plan was to strip back to just using the Fulltone Bassdrive, the Phase 90 and the BassIQ. However I never got round to taking them to band practice and in the end decided we sounded best with the bass kept clean. Now that I have my own band I feel that my sound is that of the whole band, not just the bass - and as we co-write more nowadays I think my bandmates think similarly. And I just love the unsullied tone of my bass through my rig - it sounds SO HUGE! :)

My guitarist uses the Bassdrive and Phase 90 now, they're quite a key part of his sound!

I have acquired another pedal more recently (couple of years back) - an MXR Bass Blowtorch - which I won for having something published in BP mag. I really like this pedal, great fuzz beast. My old EH Big Muff is now thoroughly retired thanks to it!

Alex

My new board. I made a board to fit into my gig bag as the space is redundant since i sold my shuttle 6.0. Took me 30 minutes to make and paint it. Haven't fixed the pedals yet but put them on to work out the space. Think i need some George L's to save space

Not had chance to use but i'm looking forward to giving it a spin :)

Chain goes Opto Stomp > TS808 Clone > Wah > SEM > VT Bass

Edited by sk8

[quote name='WarPig' post='457648' date='Apr 8 2009, 05:49 PM']Rack tuner :rolleyes: Wahs dont agree with me :) i can barely co-ordinate my hands while playing, let alone a foot aswell :D[/quote]

*cough* [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38986"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38986[/url] *cough*

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='fifeq' post='474615' date='Apr 28 2009, 09:47 PM']i like those daphon pedals - well made, heavy, good switch and easy to change battery. have a flanger and it sounds ok. more subtle than space stuff[/quote]Yeah they are. My OD has had the monte allums mod so its more akin to a TS808 which is nice :)

[quote name='Jimbo' post='479101' date='May 4 2009, 04:43 PM']Do you mean the red pedal between the tuner and the BMS? It's a Subdecay Fembot prototype. Blendable fuzz and frequency modulator, more detail [url="http://www.subdecay.com/proto.htm"]here.[/url] It needs careful tweaking to be useful; can be used just as a fuzz or as a lovely noise pedal.[/quote]

what's your opinion of the nano small stone?
can you get those real deep, long swells with it, or does it fail to deliver like some of its nano brothers?

[quote name='Jimbo' post='479356' date='May 4 2009, 08:32 PM']It's my first and only phaser; IMHO it can do 'real deep, long swells' but I have no reference so YMMV. I'm mostly a filter/synth/distortion/fuzz fan.[/quote]
Cheers Jimbo.
Does Anyone have any experience with the nano and other phasers so as to compare?